DGB454
  • DGB454
  • Registered Topic Starter
15 years ago

Thanks guys. Not sure how he tore it. It may have been during lifting.
I think everything will work out OK.
I know it sounds selfish but I hate that he won't be out there this year making me proud. I'm proud of him even if he doesn't play but the joy of seeing him out there doing his thing on the field is a feeling I can't describe. He may only have this season and next year to play so every season is precious to me. Like I said..I know that sounds selfish but I can't help it.

Thanks again.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Not to get on a soap box, but st least you have the chance to see your at least try out for the team.

I get to see my son watch kids play, run, jump etc, and have him ask why can't the doctors fix his muscles to where he can do that stuff

I may sound like I am being an a@@...... I am not triyng to be one..Just trying to put things in perspective..

Just know that your son is a lucky one and I would give my left arm and leg to have the chance for my son to even get a chance to try out..

"wpr" wrote:

That has got to be so hard LTF. I can not even comprehend what you have to face every single day.
One of the toughest things for me to endure was when I watched my son run a cross country race in extreme pain.
He could see that I was determined to pull him out of the race when he got to me. When I looked into his eyes I saw him pleaded with me to let him continue. I just let him run on past. Ended up practically carrying him from the finish line to the awards area.
We went to a Dr and got him orthotics.
You live with it every day.

"longtimefan" wrote:

FYi he is not with me EVERY day, me and his mom have joint placement

During summer months he is with me a lot...

Once school starts he is with me mostly on weekends unless he has off or is sick..

"DGB454" wrote:

I feel for you LT. I'm not sure how some people handle it when the ones they care about the most are going through something like that. I guess the love you have for him can help you handle just about anything for him. I do wish you and your son the best . Thanks again for the perspective. (hope that makes sense)
DGB454
  • DGB454
15 years ago

My roommate just tore his meniscus, ACL and MCL while playing volleyball about 3 weeks ago. It's a re-aggravated football injury from when he tore his ACL back in college.

I hope your sons injury is as small as a meniscus tear. If it's more, he's in for 6-8 months of physical therapy and, according to my buddy, never being able to function 100% on an athletic level. I asked him how pro sports players were able to come back 100% and his answer was that they have the money and time to obtain around the clock care/therapy and "Pros are good enough to play well when their bodies are only at 70% or less."

Don't mean to be Debbie Downer. Just putting my limited knowledge on the table :-s

"eap33" wrote:

I hope it's just a meniscus tear too. We wll know for sure no later than Tuesday . Thanks for the knowledge.

"DGB454" wrote:

I hope it's small. Sounds like he's got quite the athletic future ahead of him. 4.7 40 at 16? Wow! I played DB and ran track... and my best 40 was 4.8. *old man voice* Ran a hell of a 400m back in my day though!

Best of luck to him.

"eap33" wrote:

Thanks. He has been working on his speed pretty hard on the off season. He has been working with the track coach to learn how to run more effeciently (I beleive that was the word.). He had a big problem running flat footed last season. The coach addressed that and hopefully broke him of it. The 40 time was actually a high 4.7. The injury may slow him down a bit but hope not. There is a back on his team running a 4.54 40. The kid is 17 and weighs around 180 lbs. He ran for 1300 yards in 7 games last year before fracturing his leg during the end of the 7th game.
yooperfan
15 years ago

Sorry to hear about your son!
I've been through that, my oldest son had that issue as did my nephew.
My son after his surgery went on to win a state wrestling title and my nephew now wrestles for the University of Michigan.
Your son is young, it will all work out.

"DGB454" wrote:

Well that's good to hear that some have no ill effect after surgery. How long was the physical therapy?

At the moment he is regulated to waterboy till we get the results.

"yooperfan" wrote:

Rehab for both was in the 3 to 6 month range and both required a second minor surgery to clean things up after about two years.
Cheesey
15 years ago
All of you with kids, keep in mind........you all have something i will NEVER have. A little one to call you "Daddy" (or Mommy).
Thats an honor i can only DREAM of.
Hug your kids, and love them.
Try to think of what you have, not what you lost or are losing.
UserPostedImage
DGB454
  • DGB454
15 years ago

All of you with kids, keep in mind........you all have something i will NEVER have. A little one to call you "Daddy" (or Mommy).
Thats an honor i can only DREAM of.
Hug your kids, and love them.
Try to think of what you have, not what you lost or are losing.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Good advice from the Cheese man.

Thanks
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
Cheesey does come thru every once in a while.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

Cheesey does come thru every once in a while.

"wpr" wrote:

I do it for the "shock" value......no one ever expects common sense from me. :icon_smile:
UserPostedImage
DGB454
  • DGB454
15 years ago
Update: MRI is back. No torn ligaments. No torn meniscus. There is still something wrong in there but we don't know what yet. We see the Dr. and a P.T. tomorrow. He did a light practice as full back and did some reps at nose tackle yesterday. He caught a nice pass yesterday running up the middle and blocking a lineman on his way out. His knee is still bothering him when he runs and when breaking right. He had a noticable limp after practice and is being held out of the scrimmage today.

The good news is it looks like no surgery. Maybe with some rest he can get back to normal before we get too deep into the season.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
good no torn ligamenties or menis... what you said
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

Update: MRI is back. No torn ligaments. No torn meniscus. There is still something wrong in there but we don't know what yet. We see the Dr. and a P.T. tomorrow. He did a light practice as full back and did some reps at nose tackle yesterday. He caught a nice pass yesterday running up the middle and blocking a lineman on his way out. His knee is still bothering him when he runs and when breaking right. He had a noticable limp after practice and is being held out of the scrimmage today.

The good news is it looks like no surgery. Maybe with some rest he can get back to normal before we get too deep into the season.

"DGB454" wrote:

crossing fingers
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.