Zero2Cool
15 years ago
For quite a few years now I've had family and friends tell me I have some ADD or ADhD deal. I've been long against any medication of any kind. Dad always said "walk it off son" and that's how I go about life. I don't try to 'treat' things, I get past them. Same applies to ADhd or ADD. Those who say I have it, my thought is I just fail at focusing properly and need to try harder.

Mom said that she thought I might have it, but felt that I suffer from some kind of anxiety disorder which she said explains why I can't sit still at times or feel suffocated in the house and have to go for long drives or walks.

Dad says he had me tested back in 5th grade and I somehow tested twice my grade in many of the subjects. (i swear i was only guessing on the answers, i just wanted out of that room)

The point of this is, I'm at work for a half day and bored off my ass and came accross an article that poked my interest. So I thought I'd share with you and pose the question. (no ... not what is wrong with me, that'd take a long time lol) but rather... what do YOU know about anxiety disorder or ADD/ADhD? Do they exist or are they just excuses for people who don't try hard enough? From what I've read, I tend to feel its an excuse for failure.

Here's a graphic I thought was interesting.
http://www.vyvanseadult.com/adhd-symptoms-in-adults.aspx 

Don't most if not all these symptoms apply to everyone? They seem pretty common to me.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
I think it's real, but used WAY too much as an excuse to drug kids.

I was a "day dreamer" in school. I had trouble concentrating and was easily distracted.
I would put things off school work wise unless pushed a little. But i have an IQ in the 120's, and in college never had under a 3.0. I grew out of alot of it, without being drugged up.
I'm glad my parents didn't drug me up.
They tell kids to "say NO to drugs", yet at the first sign of "non conforming" they pump them full of the crap. Then wonder why they are drug dependant the rest of their lives. Do we want a bunch of "zombies" walking around? Cause thats what we will have with this drug forcing types.
JMO
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

I was a "day dreamer" in school. I had trouble concentrating and was easily distracted.
I would put things off school work wise unless pushed a little. But i have an IQ in the 120's, and in college never had under a 3.0. I grew out of alot of it, without being drugged up.
They tell kids to "say NO to drugs", yet at the first sign of "non conforming" they pump them full of the crap. Then wonder why they are drug dependant the rest of their lives. Do we want a bunch of "zombies" walking around? Cause thats what we will have with this drug forcing types.
JMO

"Cheesey" wrote:

I agree with Cheesey 100%. I used to go off on this exact same rant all the time.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
15 years ago
I'd like to comment more on it........but i can't seem to concentrate.

LOLOLOL!!!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

JMO

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I agree with Cheesey 100%. I used to go off on this exact same rant all the time.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Oh......Zombie......i didn't mean a bunch of YOUS walking around.

LOLOLOL!!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
When my daughter was four her mom decided to have her on some ADD type pills. When I found out about it it was stopped immediately. I think that is way to young to even try to diagnosis a child of anything like that. My argument for taking her off the medication stuff was that she didn't pay enough attention to her and that is why her behavior was out of control.

Three years later, I proved that theory to be correct. She's been living with me for the last year and a half with just your normal issues of a seven year old.

Personally, I think this stuff is more of an excuse for parents to NOT be parents and have something else do the work for them.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

When my daughter was four her mom decided to have her on some ADD type pills. When I found out about it it was stopped immediately. I think that is way to young to even try to diagnosis a child of anything like that. My argument for taking her off the medication stuff was that she didn't pay enough attention to her and that is why her behavior was out of control.

Three years later, I proved that theory to be correct. She's been living with me for the last year and a half with just your normal issues of a seven year old.

Personally, I think this stuff is more of an excuse for parents to NOT be parents and have something else do the work for them.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

EXACTLY!!!!!

Instead of saying "Maybe you should spend a little time with your kid" it's MUCH easier to just drug them up!

My Mom made me sit down and READ out loud to her every week. Then i had to explain what i read. I HATED it.
But you know what? I didn't go to college until i was 32 years old. I scored in the top 5% in the ACT test, and had a 2nd year college reading level BEFORE i even went to college.
I thanked my Mom MANY times for taking the time to make me read to her.
It would have been easier for her to drug me, and sit me in front of the TV.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

Keiana's mom punishes her by taking an hour of TV away. That indicates to me that theres more than an hour of TV viewing per day and to me that is unacceptable.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Keiana's mom punishes her by taking an hour of TV away. That indicates to me that theres more than an hour of TV viewing per day and to me that is unacceptable.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Theres WAY too many things for kids to do today. Text message, video games, TV and so on. Thats just another reason why our kids are getting so fat. Hardly anyone plays outside anymore.
UserPostedImage
evad04
15 years ago

JMO

"Cheesey" wrote:

DING DING DING DING! Cheesey and I agree! I'm right with you on this one. I think there is certainly a value to certain medications, but I think this "medicate the world" philosophy will end up hurting an entire generation of youth. I know people whose lives are made much more manageable by taking certain medications -- and there's nothing bad about taking a medication. But the tendency to "medicate, medicate, medicate!" can also be harmful.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.