Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Almighty God, source of all mercy and giver of comfort, graciously tend to all those who mourn, Kevin, his family, and loved ones, so that casting their sorrow on you, they may know the consolation of your love for them. Into your hands, O Lord, we commend Linda. Receive her into the arms of your mercy, into the blessed rest of everlasting peace, and into the glorious company of the saints in light. We thank your, Lord, for the life of Linda Thompson, who has touched Kevin so richly.

Holy God, you have destroyed the power of death. Keep Linda in the company of all the saints. And at last, God, raise her up to share with all the faithful the endless joy and peace won through the glorious resurrection of Christ.

Merciful God, you heal the broken-hearted and bind up the wounds of the afflicted. Strengthen us in our weakness, calm our troubled spirits, and dispel our doubts and fears. In Christs rising from the dead, you conquered death and opened the gates to everlasting life. Renew our hope in you that by the power of your love Kevin will be brought together again with his mom. Grant this, we pray, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Amen.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Kevin, take solis in the fact that she is in a better place and she is looking down at you right now! It is not right that we get to stay behind and suffer so.

But I'm sure that she would want you to continue on and honor her by your thoughts, words and actions.

Just think how much better this world would be if everyone acted like their mother is watching everything they do...

Keep your chin up brother!

"adamwest" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

I've been talking to my mom pretty much non stop when I am alone. Hearing others say to do that made me feel less crazy. When I found out she had passed, I was driving up north to be there with my family. I caught myself talking to her and thought, stop talking, you'll see her in an hour.
Then I seen her in the funeral forum, laying motionless. I wanted to grab her arm an tug an say 'mom cmon lets go, lets get out of here'. I just wanted to tell her a story to make her laugh an smile again, just one more time.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

This really touched me. NO Zero you are NOT crazy, people handle loss in different ways, what is comforting to one may not be comforting to others. You just have to find "your" way. And whatever way that is and it works then do it who cares what others may think.

How old was your Mom Zero? No one is prepared to handle a loss of a parent/child and for me and others pets. I wished god would take the bad people and leave the good people here on earth. I know this isnt possible, but I always think about this.

When my Mom was getting worse and I came and posted what had happened, all you guys made me feel so much better. Ed also compiled a bunch of pictures of our trips back to WI for a remberence to my family, we sent them out as Christmas gifts to my family. That really helped me to. I remember all the good times we have had and hopefully will continue to have together. One never knows if we will be here tomorrow, so we have to make the most out of today, dont take things for granted which I know we all do and its easy to do.

Again my heart goes out to you and your family.
Heathiee
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

This is a pretty difficult thread for me. I do not handle these types of situations well at all, and as someone who has gone through it one would think it would get easier, but it doesn't. I lost my father going on 13 years now, I had just graduated from University when he lost his 3rd battle with cancer.

I am leaving to go forum tomorrow as my brother is getting married this weekend. I don't get forum much, but when I do, I go visit his grave and tell him what is going on in my life. As I got engaged myself just recently it is going to hit hard thinking of all the things he is going to miss in our lives.

I found one of the things that really helped me was to get active. If you are into athletics do some running with some music pumping. Myself I loved to play golf and walk the course to enjoy nature and being outdoors to get away for a while. You also need your quiet time, but if anything I would try and stay away from the booze. Right after my father died that was the route that I took to deal with the pain, if anything it just made things worse.

It is going to take quite a while to start feeling "normal" again, but this is a great site to get your mind into a happy place for just a few moments with some friends.

"TheKanataThrilla" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Kevin, take solis in the fact that she is in a better place and she is looking down at you right now! It is not right that we get to stay behind and suffer so.

But I'm sure that she would want you to continue on and honor her by your thoughts, words and actions.

Just think how much better this world would be if everyone acted like their mother is watching everything they do...

Keep your chin up brother!

"adamwest" wrote:

Thanks. The mentality of she is in a better place and no longer suffering is something I'm trying to make myself believe. It's so easy to be selfish and think "im going to miss her" but she was in a lot of pain.

You know its odd you mention that. I feel like she is watching everything I do. I'm kind of afraid to laugh and have a good time because I'm scared she'll think I don't miss her. I mean I know she knows better, but I guess its just one of those paranoid feelings.

I've been talking to my mom pretty much non stop when I am alone. Hearing others say to do that made me feel less crazy. When I found out she had passed, I was driving up north to be there with my family. I caught myself talking to her and thought, stop talking, you'll see her in an hour.
Then I seen her in the funeral forum, laying motionless. I wanted to grab her arm an tug an say 'mom cmon lets go, lets get out of here'. I just wanted to tell her a story to make her laugh an smile again, just one more time.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

This really touched me. NO Zero you are NOT crazy, people handle loss in different ways, what is comforting to one may not be comforting to others. You just have to find "your" way. And whatever way that is and it works then do it who cares what others may think.

How old was your Mom Zero? No one is prepared to handle a loss of a parent/child and for me and others pets. I wished god would take the bad people and leave the good people here on earth. I know this isnt possible, but I always think about this.

When my Mom was getting worse and I came and posted what had happened, all you guys made me feel so much better. Ed also compiled a bunch of pictures of our trips back to WI for a remberence to my family, we sent them out as Christmas gifts to my family. That really helped me to. I remember all the good times we have had and hopefully will continue to have together. One never knows if we will be here tomorrow, so we have to make the most out of today, dont take things for granted which I know we all do and its easy to do.

Again my heart goes out to you and your family.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

mom was 45. I thought I prepared myself for this, but I ... obviously failed. Mom lost her dad when she was 11 and she never really got over that. She started drinking and ultimately that's the disease that took her life.
Very true, you never know when someone will be gone tomorrow. I remember leaving work last Tuesday on a high horse. I made my boss laugh and well I've always gotten a kick out of making other smile and laugh. I remember walking out thinking life is getting better for me. I was planning on surprising my mom on mothers day too. I was going to bring Keiana (my daughter) up to see her. She would have been so thrilled. I had no clue the news I would receive just 12 hours later.
I always tried to not take things for granted and now, I make sure of it. Instead of thinking of doing something, I do it because I might not get that chance tomorrow.
When I seen Mom at the funeral forum laying on the hospital bed with wheels I kept thinking that I wanted to just give her a kiss good-bye, but I was scared to. Thats when I started thinking 'mom cmon lets go, lets get out of here' and I realized she can't. I quickly leaned in and kissed her on the forehead and told her that I loved her. I hope she heard me.

This is a pretty difficult thread for me. I do not handle these types of situations well at all, and as someone who has gone through it one would think it would get easier, but it doesn't. I lost my father going on 13 years now, I had just graduated from University when he lost his 3rd battle with cancer.

I am leaving to go forum tomorrow as my brother is getting married this weekend. I don't get forum much, but when I do, I go visit his grave and tell him what is going on in my life. As I got engaged myself just recently it is going to hit hard thinking of all the things he is going to miss in our lives.

I found one of the things that really helped me was to get active. If you are into athletics do some running with some music pumping. Myself I loved to play golf and walk the course to enjoy nature and being outdoors to get away for a while. You also need your quiet time, but if anything I would try and stay away from the booze. Right after my father died that was the route that I took to deal with the pain, if anything it just made things worse.

It is going to take quite a while to start feeling "normal" again, but this is a great site to get your mind into a happy place for just a few moments with some friends.

"TheKanataThrilla" wrote:

I'm sorry for your loss. The getting married thing came to my mind the other day. Mom always wanted me to get hitched, but I've been so busy trying to get an education and raise my daughter I haven't had time to really consider it. My thinking now, and this will probably change, but I don't want to get married ever if mom can't be there.

I actually don't drink at all. I've seen too much hardship come from it as well as the damage it was doing to mom. Being active, mom always said I seemed happier when I was working out too. I was going to start again this morning, but when I looked at it I just started to cry and went upstairs and went to work instead.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Zero, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Time doesn't heal all wounds, but it will help dampen the pain. But for now, the best thing to do is to reach out to the people around you. Your family, your friends, your church. Take comfort in the fact that you are not alone.

You will be in my prayers.

"NodakPaul" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
Zero........don't be afraid to laugh. Your Mom would want you too, I'm SURE of that.
The sun will shine again........there is part of your Mom in you, and in your daughter.]
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
45 is WAY to young to go.
That's absolutely heartbreaking.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Zero. You've gone through a lot in the past few years and definitely don't need this right now. She is someone who was there for you and helped keep you together.

You'll be in my prayers tonight. I can't imagine what you're going through. I never had an experience this bad, so I don't think I could help you other than saying stay strong and stand tall. There are those who need you, especially your child. You need to stay strong. That's what your mother would have wanted.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Zero I feel so sorry for your loss I haven't lost anyone yet can't imagine life without my mum or my step dad or people around me, i nearly lost a close friend to cancer though god I would have struggled, Anyway Zero i don't know what to say... yeah still don't :(

"Envy_Jericho" wrote:

UserPostedImage
PackinSteel
15 years ago
Sorry to hear of this Zero. Can't even begin to say "I know how you feel" but I sure do know how I would feel...
blank