porky88
12 years ago

The Eagles weakness on D is the Safeties and LBs. If we can force them to play their base D, they will have one of their pro bowl corners on the bench.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

I'm betting Asante Samuel is traded or released a few days from now.
beast
12 years ago

Reminds me of the Washington Redskins over the past 8-10 years. This is the kind of thing they would do with absolutely no success.

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

I disagree... the Redskins would give 2nd and 3rd tier talent but very hyped up players very top dollar, which was very stupid... it was like they didn't know football at all and were going solely on hype alone. (same with Raiders but they also factor in how fast you can run the 40 yard dash...)

The Eagles on the other hand are paying top dollar for top tier talent. Which is more likely to win games.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
12 years ago

I disagree... the Redskins would give 2nd and 3rd tier talent but very hyped up players very top dollar, which was very stupid... it was like they didn't know football at all and were going solely on hype alone. (same with Raiders but they also factor in how fast you can run the 40 yard dash...)

The Eagles on the other hand are paying top dollar for top tier talent. Which is more likely to win games.

Originally Posted by: beast 

And, next to that, they're not OVERpaying... Something the Redskins and Raiders always do. I mean, the Nnamdi contract was a very fair one... The Jenkins contract was on the cheap side, looking at how skilled he is, because of his age and injury history.
bozz_2006
12 years ago
Well, I suppose that's the nice thing about football. The Packers can't control what anybody else does, only what they do. Take care of business. Prepare for the opponent. Win your individual matchps. Teamwork. Win.
UserPostedImage
GoPack1984
12 years ago

And, next to that, they're not OVERpaying... Something the Redskins and Raiders always do. I mean, the Nnamdi contract was a very fair one... The Jenkins contract was on the cheap side, looking at how skilled he is, because of his age and injury history.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

I guess Ted has a lot of confidence in Mike Neal. From what I saw last year, I'm very excited to see him play. I still personally would have made an offer to retain Jenkins given he didn't sign for big money. Ted has been more right than wrong though when it comes to these things, so I'll trust him on this. I'm just very peeved to see Jenkins sign with the Eagles.
blank
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I guess Ted has a lot of confidence in Mike Neal. From what I saw last year, I'm very excited to see him play. I still personally would have made an offer to retain Jenkins given he didn't sign for big money. Ted has been more right than wrong though when it comes to these things, so I'll trust him on this. I'm just very peeved to see Jenkins sign with the Eagles.

Originally Posted by: GoPack1984 

It was only the first practice, but C.J. Wilson started instead of Mike Neal.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago

I'm betting Asante Samuel is traded or released a few days from now.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

I never understood why they got Asante in the first place. He's always been a zone-type defender, and Philly plays (essentialy) our old 4-3 with man coverage on the outside. My explanation (in my own mind) is that they were so bad in the DB department that they practically HAD to get him at the time.

blueleopard
12 years ago
You guys are forgetting that unlike Washington, the Eagles' coaching staff isn't that bad.

Andy Reid is still there and the guy is a gamer. He coached his team to the three straight NFC Championships with a lot less on his plate. Don't forget he was on our championship staff in 96. He knows what he's doing.

They're primed to make a run now. Zero mentioned Jermichael Finley. Ummm... when we went against Philly last year Finley was pretty much rendered useless.

Do I think they're better than us? No. Are they more of a threat? Yes.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

You guys are forgetting that unlike Washington, the Eagles' coaching staff isn't that bad.

Andy Reid is still there and the guy is a gamer. He coached his team to the three straight NFC Championships with a lot less on his plate. Don't forget he was on our championship staff in 96. He knows what he's doing.

They're primed to make a run now. Zero mentioned Jermichael Finley. Ummm... when we went against Philly last year Finley was pretty much rendered useless.

Do I think they're better than us? No. Are they more of a threat? Yes.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

Ummm, it was the first game of the season and rarely do any teams come out of the gate on all cylinders.

But yes, you are correct, Jermichael Finley's 4 catches for 47 yards were useless in a 7 point win.

I think we're really overstating the value of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. I think Nnamdi Asomugha and Asante Samuel are studs, but I think Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has a high ceiling, I just don't think he's a top tier CB. The Eagles thought they were out of the Nnamdi Asomugha running when they pulled the trigger for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie so that makes me wonder about Asante Samuel now.

If they keep all three, that's a stellar secondary, no question, but I believe they will be shipping Asante Samuel and he's the one I worry most about of those three. That's not a knock on Nnamdi Asomugha, I just haven't seen him play.

Jim Johnson was the key to the Eagles defensive success and sadly he passed away over a year ago. He's not replaceable, especially by a former offensive line coach. I am not saying it's not possible, just simply saying I feel these ego's on the Eagles roster are going to prefer doing their own thing, rather than stay on the same page. Each of their big signings (except Nnamdi Asomugha) can be let go after year one with no cap penalty. That means each of those players is going to want to prove their worth. Which means it could go one of two ways. They could stay on the same page to prove their worth more, or they could stray into doing what they feel is best. I think that'll be key.

I'm very confident the Packers will finish farther than the Eagles this year.

Edit, I also agree that Andy Reid is a fantastic coach. I'd say he's easily top five, but I really can't think of 4 that are better than him.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
12 years ago

Why? Maybe I'm over confident, but I don't think they have anyone who can cover Jermichael Finley (assuming he lasts to the post season) and Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson ... plus this Randall Cobb kid might be good and I didn't even mention Donald Driver.

Throw in Ryan Grant and James Starks (assuming both last to the post season) I just don't see how a team could beat the Packers, unless Aaron Rodgers is out.

I'm putting my money on the following ..
Aaron Rodgers
Ryan Grant
James Starks
Greg Jennings covered by Samuel
Jordy Nelson (who couldn't be stopped by the Steelers only in the most important game of the season)covered by Rodgers-Cromartie
Jermichael Finleycovered by Asomugha Just like the Packers do with Woodson

They just added some excellent talent, yes. How do you think those ego's are going to fit with the Eagles new defensive coordinator who spent the last 13 years as an offensive line coach? I think it's going to take them a little bit to get on the same page.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think they will be a very big threat if Vick plays like he did last year. I say the Eagles then the Packers followed by the Cowgirls have to be the favs in the NFC.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.