PackerTraxx
12 years ago
I hope in can also make an impact at receiver. That makes us 5 deep which is a matcup nightmare for teams. Not many/any can go 5 deep with their DBs. If they get caught with only 4 DBs that should be a huge opportunity for us.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
DakotaT
12 years ago

Pay no attention to this exaggeration. There has been about a dozen members who have said the same damn thing about Donald Driver. [duh]

I wouldn't be surprised to see Donald Driver 4th or 5th and that makes me wonder if his salary is worth that? Maybe the Packers cut him and bring him back after the first week so his contract isn't guaranteed? I'm not sure how all that works. I also had Donald Driver listed as my surprising cut and the more I'm reading about and hearing about Randall Cobb, the more I'm thinking it might be less surprising to see Donald Driver cut. If Jordy Nelson, James Jones and Randall Cobb leap over Donald Driver, I think it'd be hard for the Packers to pay him his salary ... then again, if the Packers have the money they might think the leadership is worth it? Hell if I know, I think I just confused myself, once again.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Pick a theory and go with it. You're such a woman.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

I hope in can also make an impact at receiver. That makes us 5 deep which is a matcup nightmare for teams. Not many/any can go 5 deep with their DBs. If they get caught with only 4 DBs that should be a huge opportunity for us.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

Mr. Miagi, "If done properly, no can defense, Danielson!"
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Pick a theory and go with it. You're such a woman.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

lol, I know!! ADD 1, Kevin 0.

I fully expect Donald Driver to play for the Packers in 2011. I think if he's dropped to 4th or 5th on the depth chart, they could release him, but I don't see that being wise because I believe the Packers are fairly well under the cap.

That's my theory, Donald Driver with the Packers 2011, but I don't think he'll be back in '12 unless he has a phenomenal 2011 season. I believe the Packers have to resign Jordy Nelson after this season.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
Packers will carry Driver this season.. and he will either redo his contract next offseason (maybe even this season to reduce the Cap # this season (extra flexibility to resign others) and next) or this will be his farewell tour because of the coin he makes.

IMO.. the circumstances are different in that Brett started the ball rolling.. I don't see Donald or any other player pull a Favre.. the backlash just isn't worth it. Lesson learned for many a player in watching the Favre nonsense play out.

Look at Carson Palmer.. he threatened retirement but made his intention very clear.. I want out or I will walk.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Greg C.
12 years ago
I think the chance of Donald Driver being cut this year is right around zero. If the team wanted to move on without Driver, they would've done so by now, as they did with Nick Barnett. They're not going to learn anything about Driver in training camp, because the older vets don't go full speed until the regular season begins. And for Ted to cut Driver before the season would quite rightfully be seen as an incredible betrayal not only by Driver, but by his teammates. You just don't treat team leaders like that.

I understand the balance sheet mentality, and I agree that that's how teams are run and should be run, but that call was made in the off season, plus it DOES matter to some extent that the players are human. The younger players watch how the vets are treated, and it factors into their decision to re-sign when the time comes.

While I'm at it, I'm going to play the "Ted won a championship" card here and remind everyone that Ted knows exactly what the hell he is doing. Yes, Driver could get injured anytime and his career will be over. The same thing could happen to Chad Clifton. But Ted has weighed the pros and cons and decided that it's worth the risk because Driver can still contribute plenty if he stays healthy this year, both on the field and in the locker room.
blank
nerdmann
12 years ago

The whole end situation with Brett is really a shame. He's one of the best things that ever happened to the Packers. For 25 years we wallowed in mediocrity or less. I can undersstand him being upset. If Ted Thompson would have pulled the trigger on Moss I still think we would have won the Super Bowl. However, that is also in large a fault of Brett's. If he had said something like "I give it three(or whatever number) more years, lets try to win a Super Bowl" maybe Ted Thompson would have done it. But the constant talk of retirement made it difficult to plan for the future. If Ted didn't want to do that Brett could have then asked for a trade. Anyway, I hope all the wounds heal sooner than later.

It will be good to see DD retire as a Packer. And it will be even better to see DD inducted into the Packer HOF. I would like to see him connected with the team in the future.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

Favre has no one but himself to blame for missing out on that last SB appearance. Not to mention the opportunity he had with Minnesota. That also rests squarely on Brett's shoulders.
As for DD, i think they use him as a #3 or 4, at least partly to lengthen his career, after all the injuries he suffered last year. I think they'll want to keep him healthy.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

Edit, Jason Wilde is one of my favorite Packer writers, but misspelling "are", c'mon!! haha

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

:-k cut him.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
12 years ago
The only thing I can't like about this is DD continually saying he is going to be a starter. What if he does stay healthy this season and his production still drops? Does that give him the privilege to still be called a starter? That is the only possible negative I can see happening between Driver and the Packers.

Packers will probably try to keep him on the team because there are certain things he can still do (I think Driver is one of the best blocking receivers in the game), but I don't think Driver would be willing to take a lesser role on the team next season (or this season for that matter) if he still has the "I am a starter" mentality come next season.

...Maybe he just proves everyone wrong and has a great season this year...maybe.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
12 years ago
As others have stated, DD would be cut by know if he was on the chopping block. I don't know about next year though with our depth at WR. I won't be upset if he goes to another team though like I did with Javon Walker. I am so glad that he got a super bowl ring. His personal story is remarkable and he seems like a really stand-up respectable guy to me which means alot in this NFL.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15m) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (1h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (1h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (1h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (1h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (1h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.