dfosterf
12 years ago
Bush can hit the fucking trail. Long overdue, too. He can blaze that bitch for Wells.

DakotaT
12 years ago

Bush can hit the fucking trail. Long overdue, too. He can blaze that bitch for Wells.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Would you quit pussy footing around and tell us how you really feel. [grin1]
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
12 years ago

Didn't know that stuff about Ronnell Lewis but that stuff sounds a bit minor for people to already be screaming "that's not Packer people!"

He is a great player and with good coaching and being surrounded by veterans like Woodson, Matthews, Raji, etc etc. those flaws can easily be overlooked.

Originally Posted by: G-Force 

Woody was considered a malcontent at one time.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

He may be all that they need for the position but as you said he has issues with his attitude. In general ted has avoided players like this in the past. Why the change?

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Didn't know that stuff about Ronnell Lewis but that stuff sounds a bit minor for people to already be screaming "that's not Packer people!"

He is a great player and with good coaching and being surrounded by veterans like Woodson, Matthews, Raji, etc etc. those flaws can easily be overlooked.

Ease up you are being a little dramatic. I don’t know the guy at all. I don’t see how my asking if his past issues could be considered screaming that he is not “Packer People”. Asking why the change implies I would like more information. It is not too much to ask for some clarification. After all it was Arrigo who brought up Lewis’ past and also said he thinks they could still draft him.

Woody was considered a malcontent at one time.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Point well taken. But I never said that GB has never taken a player who was questionable. I said that they tend to avoid players that have had attitude issues.
UserPostedImage
Arrigo
  • Arrigo
  • Registered Topic Starter
12 years ago
On another site where I post I stated that I believed that the Packers weren't going to tag Flynn. I did this mock different from others because all the mock drafts are the same, DE, OLB, S, CB as the picks. I wanted to try and expand the thinking of other fans.

I appreciate the debate this started.

Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work.
Hard work is the price we must pay for success.
I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

On another site where I post I stated that I believed that the Packers weren't going to tag Flynn. I did this mock different from others because all the mock drafts are the same, DE, OLB, S, CB as the picks. I wanted to try and expand the thinking of other fans.

I appreciate the debate this started.

Originally Posted by: Arrigo 

Thinking outside the bun. I like it. Won't happen but I like it.

UserPostedImage
Arrigo
  • Arrigo
  • Registered Topic Starter
12 years ago

Arrigo I again apologize for blowing up your thread. I meant no disrespect.

Few questions/comments:

You have Bush leaving- He has been outstanding on ST. Do you feel GB doesn't want him because of his poor play on defense or do you feel another team will overvalue him and offer him more than GB feels he is worth?

Bush's value is on ST but his play in the secondary has improved. He also can play CB or S, which saves a roster spot. In the past I may have been the most critical Packers fan of Bush's play. But when I watched the games/film and seen what he did on ST, some team will get themselves a hell of a ST player. That's why I think he leaves, a team that needs help on ST will pay him good money. I'd keep an eye on the Rams since Jeff Fisher wanted him a couple years ago and signed him to an offer sheet then.

If Walden and Zombo are gone do you see Jones as able to start at OLB? Has he developed enough for Ted to release both other players? I don't know if GB will go for Lewis. He may be all that they need for the position but as you said he has issues with his attitude. In general ted has avoided players like this in the past. Why the change?

No, while Jones has the most ability of the 3, he also has a major attitude problem that has kept him off the field. I spoke to a source a year ago and he said that "Jones is the only 7th rounder to miss as much practice as he has and still gets the opportunity to not only start but stay on the team."

Lewis' issues are somewhat alarming, but the OU staff didn't use his abilities as well as he liked and was frustrated. That is no excuse, but I don't care about the the arguments with the coaches, I don't like the missing meetings. That being said, his abilities as well suited for the Packers defense and with the locker room being filled with high quality leaders, they'll keep him in check. Lastly, this defense needs that "nasty" he brings.

You have them drafting 15 players. I don't think there are that many holes to fill. I could see Ted packaging a few of the picks to move up (outside the 1st round) and grabbing a better quality player than stock piling picks. And yes I know he can't trade compensation picks.

I don't think some players that made the team last year make the team in 2012, especially on the defensive side of the ball and OL.

Assuming the need in the secondary is there your first 5 picks are all need picks. Ted seems to grab BPA picks that leave everyone wondering why he went the route he did. (Personally I wouldn't mind if he did address these needs) Ted also seems to find players who fall due to their injury history and feels they are worth the gamble. I am not familiar with most college players have you factored that into your choices?

Ted takes the BPA at the teams greatest "need" position in round 1, go back and check his 1st round choices and it speaks for itself, other then Rodgers.

Rodgers-05'
Hawk-06'
Harrell-07'
Raji/Matthews-09'
Bulaga-10'
Sherrod-11'

I took a player or 2 with an injury (or injury history) in this draft (Broyles & Owusu for example) and while I took "need" picks with the first 3 or 4 picks, he knows that the defense needs the same type of play makers/youth the offense has.

With DD coming back with his restructured contract I don't see them picking 2 WR. Looking for another TE would make more sense to me since Quarless was injured.

While Driver said he will restructure his contract and the team is open to it, there is no guarantee that happens. He is the 4th WR at best next year and with Cobb pushing to get more time on the field, he may not be the 4th WR. The team is also high on Gurley & Borel. Broyles will be on the PUP to start the year (IF he plays at all) and would provide insurance for the Packers in 2013 if Jennings isn't re-signed or Driver retires/gets released.

I don't see them drafting another TE. They like the 5 they have and will most likely run with them again.

All in all you picked a lot of different positions. I like it. As I mentioned it is a bit frustrating to see Ted grab several players at the same position while seemingly ignoring other positions that seem to be more of a need. But then what the heck do I know?

What do ANY OF US know? LOL, but really, the positions I drafted were to increase depth and add youth to those positions. TRUST ME my mocks change and will continue to do so until the eve of the draft.

As far as the OTS (Packers rumors), I'll post some here when I post the new ones up this week.

Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work.
Hard work is the price we must pay for success.
I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

As far as the OTS (Packers rumors), I'll post some here when I post the new ones up this week.

Originally Posted by: Arrigo 

Thanks for the reply. Your insight is greatly appreciated. Your line of thinking is reasonable. As we all know some of the players you project going to GB will be available when they pick some won't. As sometimes a higher value pick will fall to them. That is the fun of these projections. So I won't argue that you are wrong. I will say that I would be surprised if they select Lewis in the 2nd round but then Uncle Teddy surprised me with his choices every year because

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Yerko
12 years ago

Ease up you are being a little dramatic. I don’t know the guy at all. I don’t see how my asking if his past issues could be considered screaming that he is not “Packer People”. Asking why the change implies I would like more information. It is not too much to ask for some clarification. After all it was Arrigo who brought up Lewis’ past and also said he thinks they could still draft him.

Point well taken. But I never said that GB has never taken a player who was questionable. I said that they tend to avoid players that have had attitude issues.

Sorry, my post wasn't directed to just your question, but I think someone else posted the exact wording, "that doesn't sound like Packer people"

If it were a sarcastic post, its hard to read through text. My post was more towards that so I should have quoted it. My fault wpr.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

Sorry, my post wasn't directed to just your question, but I think someone else posted the exact wording, "that doesn't sound like Packer people"

If it were a sarcastic post, its hard to read through text. My post was more towards that so I should have quoted it. My fault wpr.

BFF again GF. 🖐
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.