TengoJuego
15 years ago
WOW! Ryan was beastfoot. That move sucks!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

Both Hodge and Ryan are a shocker. I suspected Flynn would be the #2 guy. Wonder what else is in store this coming week.

"DGB454" wrote:

Agreed.
After getting over the shock of the Ryan deal I have to admit there where times last year I was mad he didn't even try to go for the coffin corner (Or he missed horribly). I would have rather had the ball go out at the 15 than go into the end zone. Bear's game in Chicago was brutal but there is no guarantee it would have been better for anyone else.
I think Hodge is a mistake but what the heck do I know?
Not bringing Frost in for a tryout was fine with me. He has been in the league long enough. If he was injured it would have shown during the preseason.
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
15 years ago
Jon Ryan. Holly Crap!

I reckon now it is fact. Jon was indeed "T.T.'s Red Headed Step Child."

He punted well in the pre-season.

I think this cut was a final conclusion now that I look back at it.

"The fact is, failure is not an option for T.T.. Do not mess with T.T. Failure is not acceptable. T.T. is brutal, he has the memory of an elephant, and the sensitivity of John Wayne Gacy.

I reckon, this cut was not made today.... This cut was made on that fateful day in December last year.

It was the 23rd day of December. Ryan had two of his punts blocked by the Bears, including one that was returned for a touchdown. Jon also had a booming nine yard punt during that cold wind ripped game. Oh.... Jon. also bobbled a snap on another that lead to a turnover on downs.

Before Jon's game against the Bears, the Packers went 929 punts without a blocked punt, dating back to September 11, 1995.

I think T.T. made this decision, not M.M. That is my gut feeling. I think T.T. associates Brett's performance in this game with Jon's. Both performances were brutal.

However.... T.T. and perhaps M.M may have made a mistake this time. I like Jon as a punter and a team player... I like him a great deal.

The "T.T. SUCKS." members of the the forums will be happy I am on board as far as this move.

Jon will be picked up. He will be punting this year for some team.. I personally wish him the best... Do well Jon. Let's hope Brett demands that you be signed by the Jet's out of the spite he has forthe Packers.

Letting Jon go is a huge mistke. T.T. Sucks at this exact moment. Bad Move.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Cheesey
15 years ago
I'm over the shock of Ryan gone now.
We will see how it pans out. Ted Thompson has proved me wrong before.......so I'm gonna wait and see.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
15 years ago
Well, I don't get too jacked up about the punter position unless we carry two on the roster. I did get a little tired of Ryan's punts going in the end zone though.

As for Hodge, he was not versatile and not as good as Bishop. He obviously wasn't as good as White on special teams either. I wish him well as long as he doesn't end up playing for the Bears or Vikings. I have a suspision that he will be playing in the litter box.
UserPostedImage
minnypacker
15 years ago
Thonly concern I have is the holder. Ryan was Crosby's holder last year. Sometimes that can be tricky.

Overall I am a bit suprised, but I am more comfortable with Frost than Ryan. Ryan was a punter who could pound it from time to time, but he could also shank one from time to time. Frost seems more consitant. Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson are big on consistancy.

Hodge isn't versitile, White, Bishop, and Chillar are. I loved hodge coming out of college, but he is stricyly a MLB.
TheEngineer
15 years ago
I'm looking forward to seeing some of Frosty's directional punts. Lets hope he's good in the snow, and most of all, no more 15 yard shanks.
blank
JNelson87
15 years ago

Jon Ryan rules... Why did we need a new punter?

From The Sports Network:
"Punter Derrick Frost and NFL preseason rushing leader Marcus Mason were among the highest-profile players released by the Washington Redskins on Saturday, as Jim Zorn's club reduced its roster to the 53-man maximum.

Frost appeared in 49 games as a member of the Redskins over the past three seasons, but lost his job in the preseason to Durant Books, a sixth-round Draft choice out of Georgia Tech. Frost's preseason punting avg. (45.5) was nearly three yards better than that of Brooks (42.8), but the rookie's net punting average was higher."

"DarkaneRules" wrote:

They released Mason too!? This guy has been playin pretty good since he came into the NFL.. now I know we dont need another running back but i'd love to see him come here to GB, He's from Youngstown State, I live in Youngstown and seen him play a couple games before he left college, he was a beast.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
It is just further proof that no one in Green Bay is safe on the roster.. there is no sacred cow anymore.. if you aren't playing consistent solid ball and remain available to the teams needs... you very well may be replaced.

Hodge - Albeit not his fault, but he couldn't stay healthy.. we had 7 Backers.. probably one too many.. my guess is they were trying to deal one of them for some type of return value.. no takers so they choose the player with the most concerns surrounding them at LB.. Hodge, even though very talented was the odd man out.

Ryan.. inconsistency was the killer point here... I liked the kid, he had a moxie about him.. however as stated before, inconsistent.

Notice a trend happening in Green Bay? If you have a occasional "DOH" moment on the field, you are subject to being replaced with a another player with less "DOH" moments. I think a couple players better keep the moving boxes close by.. I think they might be needing them in the near future unless they clean up their games in a hurry.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
15 years ago

I'm definitely shocked!
Gettig rid of the punter and holder at this point in time is a curious move.
Now we have a new long snapper, punter and holder in a very crucial part of the game.
And I valued Hodge more than Giaccomoni. Ted Thompson knows best.

"yooperfan" wrote:

Not always. This may turn out to be a mistake. As you know, I like him as a GM, but he's made mistakes.

Ryan had heart. That's not something you can train.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (22h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
40m / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.