Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
hehe.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

Hmmmm... political rhetoric over PSL's and London, oh my.

Your words now carry little weight Dayton, you already signed away that control in the legislation, you have saddled the fine tax payers of MN with this double dip already. Pony up that wallet for those seat license then fork over the season ticket money with the stadium tax tacked on please.

You got played and ol' Ziggy isn't going to have to kick in as much "private" money to get this done.

Is it nirvana if you are on the outside of the stadium looking in?

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Dayton is now ponying up to the OTHER side of the fence now for more political gain. Not all that surprised. I'm totally done with this. It's done, signed, sealed, and well on it's way to being delivered.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Pack93z
11 years ago
More twin city drama.. or political posturing. Either way.. fans will be ponying the funds.

Dayton says he'll fight Vikings on possible seat license fees, saying team wasn't forthright 

PLYMOUTH, Minn. - Gov. Mark Dayton is not retreating from his vow to fight the Minnesota Vikings if they try to charge new big fees to season ticket holders to help fund the new football stadium.

Dayton says Thursday that he believes the team was not forthright about the possibility of hefty personal seat license charges when the stadium bill was moving through the legislative process.

He says he thought any plan would resemble the modest approach used by the Minnesota Twins and not like those of other NFL teams that have charged tens of thousands of dollars.

The Vikings say the stadium bill allows for personal seat licenses, but that no decisions have been made.

Dayton says he's confident the state's stadium authority would block overly extensive charges.

And.. is this Zeus from the PPO.. doppelganger maybe?

UserPostedImage
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

More twin city drama.. or political posturing. Either way.. fans will be ponying the funds.

And.. is this Zeus from the PPO.. doppelganger maybe?

UserPostedImage

Yes, political posturing. While the PSL thing sucks and I think is stupid, it's something that teams have EVERY right to do. Not to mention, Dayton forgets that the bill he signed exclusively says that the Vikings can use SBLs (basically PSLs). 

On PSLs -- called Stadium Builders Licenses (SBLs) here -- there are two references that make clear the Vikings are permitted to market and sell the licenses on behalf of the newly created stadium authority:

• Subd. 2 - NFL Team/Private Contribution; timing of expenditures - (a) The NFL team/private contribution, including stadium builder's license proceeds, for stadium costs must be made in cash in the amount of $477,000,000.

• Subd. 14 - Stadium Builder's Licenses. - The authority shall own and retain the exclusive right to sell stadium builder's licenses in the stadium. The authority will retain the NFL team to act as the authority's agent in marketing and selling such licenses.

No, that's not Zeus. That's Larry Spooner. Also known in Minnesota as the Viking Super Fan.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Porforis
11 years ago

No, that's not Zeus. That's Larry Spooner. Also known in Minnesota as the Viking Super Fan.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

I can tell, he's super indeed. No bag over his head or anything.
Cheesey
11 years ago
I'm glad the Vikings are staying put.
After all, you KNOW that if they moved, they would instantly win the Super Bowl, which would kill Vikesrule and Formo! And we NEED those guys here![grin1]
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

I'm glad the Vikings are staying put.
After all, you KNOW that if they moved, they would instantly win the Super Bowl, which would kill Vikesrule and Formo! And we NEED those guys here![grin1]

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

forget em. no mercy for dirt bags.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago
Ahhh.. so much for not impacting the tax payers directly.. well at least if this continues to hold true.

The to-be-constructed Vikings stadium is supposed to be funded in part by a specific form of gambling.

And the gamble on the gambling isn’t paying off, so far.

According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, revenues for electronic pulltabs and bingo are far below the projections. In May 2012, the experts estimated that the games would generated $35 million per year. Gross revenues for the games are at only $7.5 million.

It’s unclear how it will all play out, but it’s not encouraging. And it could mean that changes to the funding mechanism will be necessary in order to pay for the stadium.

Unless they plan to build a stadium without, you know, seats. Or arm rests. Or toilets.

PFTalk  wrote:

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"

Ahhh.. so much for not impacting the tax payers directly.. well at least if this continues to hold true.

it is always amazing how govt can arbitrarily come up with these fantastic numbers and thump on the podium that they are gospel. After hundreds of years of trying and failing almost every single time you would think they would learn.

We have the same issue in IL. They increased the tax on ciggies. It was going to fund some pet project. The revenue is less than a 3rd of what they said it would be. Apparently none of them believed that people would actually get in their car and drive to WI, IN, MO, KY, IA and buy cheaper cigarettes, gas and groceries.

It has been a real kick in the nuts to local retail within 50 miles of any one of these borders. The Dem reply (They control both Houses and Governor's Palace for years.) is that it will adjust to their projects in the long run. Even now they can't admit they screwed up. Sales tax hikes, sin tax increases, high utility rates, horrendous work comp rates are driving business and consumers from the state.

Margarine run anyone? [grin1]

When ever I see politicians mess up like this [aiee] I can't help but think of:

UserPostedImage