Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
10 Pages<12345>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#41 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 8:06:33 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Los Angeles lost the Rams and Raiders, why bring another team there?

At least when the Minnesota North Stars moved to Dallas the name was a better fit than the Los Angeles Lakers or what seems to be inevitable, the Los Angeles Vikings. Hey, the Vikings and Lakers will have similar color schemes in the same city!!!

12 million reasons. New stadium which is what both prior teams were looking for will take one of the biggest hurdles out of the equation.
Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 8:25:19 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
12 million reasons. New stadium which is what both prior teams were looking for will take one of the biggest hurdles out of the equation.

Reading 12 million reasons, I was thinking population, if that's not it, I have no clue. Also, it's not the 100% population because they have two NBA teams, at least one Hockey team, a Soccer team, etc ... fan base is spread and I'm not even including the teams in Oakland or Sacramento or San Diego or San Fransisco. You get the idea. That's why I say the Packers mean more and bring more to Green Bay than most other NFL teams. You crazy blowhards who hate everything tax refuse to hear my words. EVEN WHEN I AM SHOUTING!

(ps, i ignore myself too, at least two of the voices anyhow)
Cheesey  
#43 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 10:57:18 AM(UTC)
There are cities all over the country that would LOVE to have a professional football team, and would build a stadium for them.
I heard that Minnesota would even build one if they could get a pro team.
[grin1]
Wade  
#44 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 1:09:37 PM(UTC)
Reading 12 million reasons, I was thinking population, if that's not it, I have no clue. Also, it's not the 100% population because they have two NBA teams, at least one Hockey team, a Soccer team, etc ... fan base is spread and I'm not even including the teams in Oakland or Sacramento or San Diego or San Fransisco. You get the idea. That's why I say the Packers mean more and bring more to Green Bay than most other NFL teams. You crazy blowhards who hate everything tax refuse to hear my words. EVEN WHEN I AM SHOUTING!

Did anyone hear Kevin say something?
:-" :-"
zombieslayer  
#45 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 1:42:27 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post

You mean 12 million people who can't tell a football from a watermelon?

It's no coincidence that every football team there fails.
DakotaT  
#46 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 2:58:23 PM(UTC)
I have the solution to the Viking stadium issues. North Dakota will just have to write a check and spend some of that moldy money that is currently sitting at around $7 billion in surplus in the coffers.

Of course, VR and Formo will permanently be my bitches to use in any way I please. How about it VR, ready to beg?

Oil, commodities, and government pork - what a combination.
vikesrule  
#47 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 4:58:58 PM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
I have the solution to the Viking stadium issues. North Dakota will just have to write a check and spend some of that moldy money that is currently sitting at around $7 billion in surplus in the coffers.

Of course, VR and Formo will permanently be my bitches to use in any way I please. How about it VR, ready to beg?

My God, you are such a schmuck.

In my 6 decades on this earth I have witnessed all sorts of simpletons, buffoons, nimrods and all manner of ne'er-do-well's
But you have somehow managed to eclipse everyone of those cretins by tenfold.

Your mindless drivel cements the rumor that Homer Simpson really is from North Dakota.

I don't know if you were born that way, or just that your limited mind has been abused more than Kim Kardashian's vagina.

I have been in error all these years, referring to you as a dumbass....for being a dumbass would be a huge step up for you.

Yep....... schmuck defines you to a DakotaT.

DakotaT  
#48 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 5:06:07 PM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post
My God, you are such a schmuck.

In my 6 decades on this earth I have witnessed all sorts of simpletons, buffoons, nimrods and all manner of ne'er-do-well's
But you have somehow managed to eclipse everyone of those cretins by tenfold.

Your mindless drivel cements the rumor that Homer Simpson really is from North Dakota.

I don't know if you were born that way, or just that your limited mind has been abused more than Kim Kardashian's vagina.

I have been in error all these years, referring to you as a dumbass....for being a dumbass would be a huge step up for you.

Yep....... schmuck defines you to a DakotaT.

So that'd be a no to the charity? Fine, we'll just have to eliminate our property tax code instead. Drinks are on me with my tax savings, in October at Mia's next MRI appointment, boys.

You know VR, a big man knows when he's been defeated. Keep your pride, Dumbass.
Wade  
#49 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 6:24:14 PM(UTC)
So that'd be a no to the charity? Fine, we'll just have to eliminate our property tax code instead. Drinks are on me with my tax savings, in October at Mia's next MRI appointment, boys.

No property tax? (ears perking up)

So, what kind of state income tax do you North Dakotans have to pay?
DakotaT  
#50 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 6:51:37 PM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
No property tax? (ears perking up)

So, what kind of state income tax do you North Dakotans have to pay?

I paid 1.8% of my Federal Adjusted Gross Income. We have a 5% sales tax. Oil is being berry berry good to us, but VR doesn't think there is much oil in the Bakken.
Formo  
#51 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 7:48:21 PM(UTC)

lol I'll gladly charge you with my bill!

That said, someone on my Facebook timeline has already recommended that they just move the Vikings to ND and have ND spend their surplus on a new, state of the art stadium. Wouldn't lose many 'Minnesota' fans and would still be able to keep the rivalries with GB/Chitown.

I'll be honest, I'd rather they got to ND than LA.
DakotaT  
#52 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 8:02:27 PM(UTC)
Formo said: Go to Quoted Post
lol I'll gladly charge you with my bill!

That said, someone on my Facebook timeline has already recommended that they just move the Vikings to ND and have ND spend their surplus on a new, state of the art stadium. Wouldn't lose many 'Minnesota' fans and would still be able to keep the rivalries with GB/Chitown.

I'll be honest, I'd rather they got to ND than LA.

Okay but you fuckrs have to finally claim the movie Fargo as your own, deal?
Formo  
#53 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 9:07:39 PM(UTC)
Okay but you fuckrs have to finally claim the movie Fargo as your own, deal?

I thought the majority of Minnesotans already did. It was written by Minnesotans and it was filmed in MN.. So what are you whining about?!
wpr  
#54 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 9:13:06 PM(UTC)

12 million is the population (13 actually I miss typed it then missed it again on the edit) of the LA metro area. That does not include the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario area which is another 4 million. 17 in greater LA area. That is enough of a draw to overcome the area basketball, hockey and baseball teams in the area IF they have a competitive product. Who cares about the teams in Northern CA or SD. If they have a quality team in LA the people will follow that team instead of the other ones.

The fans being spread out is nothing. GB draws from all the neighboring states not just Brown Cty. Same goes for other sports franchises. GB is not in a vacuum. They compete with the Bucks, Brewers, the Badgers even the Admirals.

If WI with 5.7 million people can support all these sports teams LA can support all their sports activities. (You failed to mention surfing and other water sports along with hiking and whatnot.

ZS the failure of LA to keep a franchise had everything to do with the ratty Coliseum. If I read correctly one of the perspective owners would build the new stadium with very little public money. I think it was mainly the infrastructure such as roads that would be public funds. They certainly did have winning teams in LA.
Zero2Cool  
#55 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:05:35 AM(UTC)
I didn't fail shit. You want to talk about fail, think about your email inbox. It's pissing me off. As for the Packers competing with Brewers and Bucks, give me a break man, those teams don't compete with anything! :) Okay, so maybe the Milwaukee area ...

There's a lot more to do in California and three other teams in the NFL to root for, plus the other professional sports teams... this is so obvious how is it that I have to explain it while laying naked on my couch watching the Insanity infomercial?
Wade  
#56 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:32:28 AM(UTC)
Have to admit it, but you make ND sound attractive.

Alas:
1. Your weather sucks more than mine.
2. Doubt I'd be able get a job. (Sad, it is, not having marketable skills, even when there's a boom economy.)
gbguy20  
#57 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 11:15:09 PM(UTC)
Formo said: Go to Quoted Post
I thought the majority of Minnesotans already did. It was written by Minnesotans and it was filmed in MN.. So what are you whining about?!

lots of minnesotans disowned that movie bcuz of how it innacurately portrayed minnesotans
dfosterf  
#58 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 3:30:32 AM(UTC)

I like it.

The Fargo Frackers.

Nick and Jeremy could root for either the friggin' Frack or the Pack.

Morton's fork.

Former Vikings fan travels to the brand-spanking-new Fargo Fracker Marathon Oil/Dow Chemical sports complex for Jared Allen fan appreciation day:

It's all good on many levels. [happy]
vikesrule  
#59 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 5:48:49 AM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
Have to admit it, but you make ND sound attractive.......

Lipstick on a pig Wade, lipstick on a pig.

Freakin' troglodytes in in North Dakota like to paint a "rosy picture" of that God forsaken dump.

I am amazed at the gumption of these "people" with their Oil boom.

First of all, the state of North Dakota and it's inhabitants have been sucking on the Federal teat for decades.
They should owe billions of dollars to the rest of the country that has been supporting their pathetic welfare asses for years.
Personally, we (collectively) should call in that debt, seize the oil fields, and get our hard earned money back from those freakin'leeches.

They remind me of that woman and man that won the lottery and still collected food stamps and welfare checks.
Sad, pathetic, mooches on the rest of us is what they really are.

And speaking of the Oil boom in that shithole, since that has transpired:
A. The cost of housing in Williston ND has quadrupled, forcing Grandma's out on the streets.
B. The police force is under-staffed and overwhelmed and crime has skyrocketed.
C. The cost of all commodities have risen dramatically.
D. The entire infrastructure is overwhelmed.... hell there are so few rest stops, that truckers are littering the entire area with plastic bottles filled with urine.

dfosterf said: Go to Quoted Post
I like it.

The Fargo Frackers.

Nick and Jeremy could root for either the friggin' Frack or the Pack.

Morton's fork.......... [happy]

Foster, my friend, I would tell you to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.... but alas there is no room, as your head has been residing there for decades[rockon]

DakotaT  
#60 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:50:02 AM(UTC)
Big talk from the imperialist Minnesotan, VR, whose only resource is shitty pine wood and corn cob pellets. We've been supply your worthless asses forever, how about we shit our electricity to California instead so you can your morning constitutional in the dark. Dumbass.

Wade, we are voting on Measure 2 in June to abolish our property taxes.
Rss Feed