68md
11 years ago

Unless James Jones is traded or it appears Greg Jennings can't be resigned, I don't see how Donald Driver makes the roster in 2013.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Perhaps the Packers will take advantage of the NEW NFL rules re IR and Trade deadline, as agreed to by NFL owners in May, 2012.

The owners also voted to move the trading deadline from after Week 6 to after Week 8, and to allow one "marquee" player placed on injured reserve to return to practice after the sixth week of the schedule and to the lineup after the eighth week. That player must be on the 53-man roster after the final preseason cut.

A lot of factors involved including camp injuries.
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago
🤔 hmmmmmmm:-k

Packers | Jordy Nelson having strong camp

Wed, 08 Aug 2012 07:01:07 -0700

Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson has arguably been the team's best player in training camp so far. Nelson has reportedly been a dominating force.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Bob McGinn

Packers | Diondre Borel, Shaky Smithson not standing out

Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:36:20 -0700

Green Bay Packers WRs Diondre Borel and Shaky Smithson are vying for a roster spot in training camp at a deep position. Borel has had his moments, and is a player QB Aaron Rodgers seems to like. Smith hasn't done anything to turn heads. "You can only focus day by day," Borel said. "My goal has always been to develop and see what happens here."

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Rob Reischel

Packers | Tori Gurley working back from injury

Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:35:52 -0700

Green Bay Packers WR Tori Gurley (groin) missed most of last week's workouts due to a groin injury.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Rob Reischel

Packers | Donald Driver holding off youngsters

Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:35:02 -0700

Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver has been having a strong camp, and he still appears capable of helping the team's high-powered offense. He has plenty of confidence, too. "I think a lot of people are surprised how I've played at 37 years old," Driver said. "But if you haven't lost it, you haven't lost it. And I haven't lost anything." Driver checked in at 194 pounds with body fat under four percent.

http://www.kffl.com/team/17/nfl/green-bay-packers#ixzz22zFAsgOT 
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
dhpackr
11 years ago
I agree that this will indeed be DD's last season as a Packer. I feel he could still put up 50 catches 5 td and 700 yrds, if he is given the opportunity. The problem is he has so many guys that can make big plays to compete against how many opportunities he will get.

he played better than any receiver on the packers in the last playoff game last season. Many will reply that he was being covered by a nickle back, and was not being covered by an elite db. i don't see what the issue is? DD can stretch the field and if he is on the field with Jordy, GJ, J-Finn, he really should be able to get open and make some great plays. Once you throw in Cobb, you have five guys who can make plays, its just who is open.

I thought DD agreed this was his last year as a Packer.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
11 years ago
Under 4 percent body fat =d> =d> =d>
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

I agree that this will indeed be DD's last season as a Packer. I feel he could still put up 50 catches 5 td and 700 yrds, if he is given the opportunity. The problem is he has so many guys that can make big plays to compete against how many opportunities he will get.

he played better than any receiver on the packers in the last playoff game last season. Many will reply that he was being covered by a nickle back, and was not being covered by an elite db. i don't see what the issue is? DD can stretch the field and if he is on the field with Jordy, GJ, J-Finn, he really should be able to get open and make some great plays. Once you throw in Cobb, you have five guys who can make plays, its just who is open.

I thought DD agreed this was his last year as a Packer.

Originally Posted by: dhpackr 

I don't know about DD, but Donald Driver has said a few times he's playing this season and next season. I only see that happening if Greg Jennings leaves AND one of the youngsters makes the roster.
UserPostedImage
dhpackr
11 years ago
IMO, i think if Packers win the Super Bowl, DD would retire as a Packer and go out on top.

GJ, is a Ted Thompson draft pick. So I think he'll be a Packer as long as he produces.

not sure why you made the DD comment, but if you want, you could let a good developer like myself log into your CMS and make so every time someone writes DD, GJ, A-Rod or TT, Mike McCarthy it will spell out that persons name. 👅
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

IMO, i think if Packers win the Super Bowl, DD would retire as a Packer and go out on top.

GJ, is a Ted Thompson draft pick. So I think he'll be a Packer as long as he produces.

not sure why you made the DD comment, but if you want, you could let a good developer like myself log into your CMS and make so every time someone writes DD, GJ, A-Rod or TT, Mike McCarthy it will spell out that persons name. 👅

If you read the updates, you'd know we're no longer using a CMS. 🙂

I've tried the word replace, and it doesn't work for Donald Driver too well.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago

I like the heads better. We need a DD head. So far, we only have 🇦🇷 🇲🇲 🇹🇹
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

I like the heads better. We need a DD head. So far, we only have 🇦🇷 🇲🇲 🇹🇹

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Can we have a DANCING DD head?????

\:d/
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage