zombieslayer
11 years ago

What message does the UDFA pick ups say. We got a couple TEs, a couple RBs and a couple WRs.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

UDFAs rarely make the team. Drafted people are more likely to make the team.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Wait a minute here! Are you going to try and tell us that players skipped over by 32 teams SEVEN times are less likely to make a roster than those of someone who was picked? HOGWASH!!!

In related news to the topic, it sounds like one Green Bay writer feels Donald Driver 's days are ...
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
11 years ago

In related news to the topic, it sounds like one Green Bay writer feels Donald Driver 's days are ...

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yeah, I still have a hard time imagining a situation where Driver makes this team in 2012 beyond some early injuries at the position.
Dexter_Sinister
11 years ago

An average of 27 players drafted in the 6th, 7th or UDFA were on the Packers 45 man roster last year.

Being passed on by other teams doesn't mean much.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
PackerTraxx
11 years ago

An average of 27 players drafted in the 6th, 7th or UDFA were on the Packers 45 man roster last year.

That may be part of the reason our defense was so bad last year. Much of the draft since Raji and CM3 was on offense. Not complaining since we needed those players also, just saying that's the way it worked out.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
zombieslayer
11 years ago

Let's look at starters. Now, this is just sports.yahoo.com/nfl guessing who they are, but it's probably gonna be close to this:
Newhouse - 2010 5th
Lang - 2009 4th
Saturday - UFA - Colts
Sitton - 2008 4th
Bulaga - 2010 1st
Jennings - 2006 2nd
Finley - 2008 3rd
Rodgers - 2005 1st
Nelson - 2008 2nd
Kuhn - 2006 Waivers (Steelers)
Starks - 2010 6th

Pickett - UFA - Cards
Raji - 2009 1st
Hargrove - UFA - Seahawks
CM3 - 2009 1st
Hawk - 2006 1st
Bishop - 2007 6th
Perry - 2012 1st
Woodson - UFA - Raiders
Peprah - FA
Burnett - 2010 3rd
T Williams - FA

Crosby - 2007 6th
Mashtay - FA
Cobb - 2011 2nd

So I can't speak for other teams, but looks like the Packers build through the draft. And you can't include 6th and 7th rounds. That's still drafting. There are still gems in the late rounds.

We got only 3 UDFAs, and of those, one of them was our Punter.

Of course, our big UDFA steal was Tramon Williams. I bet the other 31 teams are kicking themselves over him.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
If a player was drafted in the 6th or 7th round, how can he be said to have been passed on in the draft if he was selected?
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
11 years ago

If a player was drafted in the 6th or 7th round, how can he be said to have been passed on in the draft if he was selected?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The point was made that players who were passed on 7 times were not as talented. Is there a great deal of difference between being passed on 6 times and being passed on 7? Or in the case of a supplemental pick, they were actually passed on 7 times by each team before they were selected.

Is there a significant drop in talent between a 28th pick in the 7th round and an undrafted? How about the supplemental 7th round picks.

I was pointing out that being passed on by 32 teams doesn't mean they are untalented. 6th, 7th and undrafted players were all passed on several times.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

The point was made that players who were passed on 7 times were not as talented. Is there a great deal of difference between being passed on 6 times and being passed on 7? Or in the case of a supplemental pick, they were actually passed on 7 times by each team before they were selected.

Is there a significant drop in talent between a 28th pick in the 7th round and an undrafted? How about the supplemental 7th round picks.

I was pointing out that being passed on by 32 teams doesn't mean they are untalented. 6th, 7th and undrafted players were all passed on several times.

So the cup is half full unless it's half empty? There is no spoon ... Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. (oh I think I have an idea for movie night with Keiana now)

I hold the belief that all are talented and with the right system, the right coaching each can excel to great levels with the proper motivation. First round, third round or undrafted ... who gives a damn. If you can play, you can play.

Do some research on free agents and how well they succeed on their next team based on where they were drafted. (not TELLING you to do it, saying it as more 'matter of fact')
UserPostedImage
beast
11 years ago

Pickett - UFA - Cards
Raji - 2009 1st
Hargrove - UFA - Seahawks

Pickett is from the Rams. And Hargrove might be forced to sit out 8 games, so I wouldn't say he's the starter. I'd go with Worthy.

UserPostedImage