Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 10:36:20 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,139
Applause Received: 2,885
This is for those who jumped this theory of mine ...

Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm still failing to understand this media driven rift between Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Shortly after the Giants beat the Packers, Rodgers was over at Favre's house for dinner. Months later, Brett on his own brings up Rodgers and how talented he is and how the Packers are in good hands, etc ... mind you, this was at Brett's retirement conference ... which is solely about HIM and he selflessly brings up a guy who he has a rift with?

Brett Favre was asked about he and Aaron Rodgers "rift".

Brett Favre said:
I think it was a ratings boost. And I think if Aaron (Rodgers) were on this phone right now he’d say the same thing. I spent a tremendous amount of time studying the game myself. … I can pretty much remember all the time Aaron would say, ‘You mind if I watch a little film with you?' This would be after people left on Wednesday or Thursday (at) 5:30 p.m. And I said, 'Sure.'

We got along fine, really. There were no problems between Aaron and I. I had no problem with him becoming the next quarterback for the Packers. It was bound to happen at some point. I’ve had no problems with the success he’s had. In fact, I’m proud of him.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:50:33 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
I'm still failing to understand this media driven rift between Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Shortly after the Giants beat the Packers, Rodgers was over at Favre's house for dinner. Months later, Brett on his own brings up Rodgers and how talented he is and how the Packers are in good hands, etc ... mind you, this was at Brett's retirement conference ... which is solely about HIM and he selflessly brings up a guy who he has a rift with?

Favre is pissed at Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy for different reasons.
Thompson because he doesn't feel he did enough to get the players he wanted, although Favre said during training camp of '07 that was the most talented team he's been on.
McCarthy because he chose Rodgers over him during that long six hour meeting around Family Night.

The only thing I can see as a rift between them would be the new boyfriend syndrome. Where you broke up with a girl, you're okay with it, but then you see her hanging out with another guy, a friend of yours and you get pissed because you realized you shouldn't have let her go in the first place. So your friend is now the new boyfriend and that sparks some sort of rift.

I think Rodgers should take a pic of his Super Bowl MVP trophy and send it to Favre with the text "Hey gunslinger, I showed you mine, now show me yours". ;-)

Offline nerdmann  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 1:40:27 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,875
Applause Received: 916
Favre just trying to stay in the limelight, even with waning relevance.
Offline sschind  
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 7:02:54 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 229
Applause Received: 617
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Favre just trying to stay in the limelight, even with waning relevance.

I think you are putting far to much of it on Favre and I am not surprised by that. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is not nearly so much Favre wanting to stay in the limelight as it is the media wanting to keep him there. Face it, he is a controversial player (ex player) and whatever he says draws attention. The more the media can keep him around the more they benefit. I doubt Brett Favre is calling up all these reporters and asking "Hey, you wanna know what I think about this situation"
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 7/11/2015(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 7:50:46 PM(UTC)

sschind said: Go to Quoted Post
I think you are putting far to much of it on Favre and I am not surprised by that. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is not nearly so much Favre wanting to stay in the limelight as it is the media wanting to keep him there. Face it, he is a controversial player (ex player) and whatever he says draws attention. The more the media can keep him around the more they benefit. I doubt Brett Favre is calling up all these reporters and asking "Hey, you wanna know what I think about this situation"

Really? LOL
Offline Barfarn  
#21 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 5:32:43 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 31
Applause Received: 153
There are a few documented cases where Favre reached out to get his crap out there. And I'm also sure the media comes to him all the time hoping to get a typical white-trash Jerry Springer-like comment. But why do they keep coming? Answer: because he keeps satiating the white-trash love of hate and discord, knowing it will cause the media to return. The media would flock to Bart Starr as well, if he routinely failed to act with poise, intelligence, dignity and issued hick-Springer comments about GB.

And he's done it again Per PFF now Favre has pontificated that his situation helped the Manning-Colts break-up LOL. As Hunt said i the article, it was simple: "Hey Brett we're moving on." All Favre had to to is put out his hand, give a shake, a warm hug, and say, "I wish the Pack the best, I loved my time here and RESPECT the fans." Ya know like Manning did in Indy...LOL But instead..we ALL know the rest. Yhe only difference between Manning and Favre leaving: Manning handled the team moving on from him with poise, grace professionalism, like a mature man; Favre like a child dropping to the floor and kicking and screaming because he couldn't have a Snickers bar because there were only Milky Ways in the house.

His Colts comment is a veiled/passive aggressive way of knocking GB. Some here have said "move one"...LOL Favre has not moved on, he's still mad he didn't get that Snickers bar and continues to serve as an embarrassment to the Packers. Unfortunately the wussy interviewer didn't ask Favre to identify the specific facts that support his Colts comment.

So Brett, go play your flag football game; retire your jersey and just shut the FU@K up.

nerdmann on 7/10/2015(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 5:35:40 AM(UTC)

United States
It really boggles my mind how people take a headline and just surmise some weird twisted fabrication out of it while slamming someones character. Why not read the full quote or wait for it... try to understand the context of the quote? Oh my goodness! Nah, let's just be ignorant bashing morons instead, that's what the cool kids do!

Truth of the matter when it comes to any athlete. You can bet your ass that they are not as bad as the media makes them out to be, nor are they as good as the fans make them out to be. They all fall somewhere in the middle.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
sschind on 7/10/2015(UTC), yooperfan on 7/11/2015(UTC)
Offline Cheesey  
#23 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 9:35:45 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 434
Applause Received: 610
The guy did amazing things in his time here. Without him, no SB31 win, no Reggie White, and we probably would still be mired in losing season after losing season.
So forget the messy "break up" and spend the time on remembering all the fun he, and the rest of the Packers from back then gave us!

He did stuff that ticked me off, but hey, forgive and forget time is here.

He EARNED his induction into the Packer hall of fame and his jersey retirement in my view.
Being bitter hurts no one but yourself.
thanks Post received 3 applause.
PackerTraxx on 7/10/2015(UTC), yooperfan on 7/10/2015(UTC), Zero2Cool on 7/10/2015(UTC)
Offline PackerTraxx  
#24 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 9:55:26 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 46
Applause Received: 181
+100 Great post.
Online buckeyepackfan  
#25 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 3:39:07 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 552
Applause Received: 625
Can July 18th just get here and get over with.

Really tired of reading the same old arguments being dredged up from 5 years ago.

Gonna celebrate Bretts achievements while he was with The Packers, then hopefully turn to the upcoming season.

I sure am hoping Brett can be joined by Bart Starr on Thansgiving Night.

That would make the night even more special, then Brett can go back to Mississippi and that will be that.
Offline Barfarn  
#26 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 11:59:03 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 31
Applause Received: 153
It really boggles my mind how people take a headline and just surmise some weird twisted fabrication out of it while slamming someones character. Why not read the full quote or wait for it... try to understand the context of the quote? Oh my goodness! Nah, let's just be ignorant bashing morons instead, that's what the cool kids do!

Truth of the matter when it comes to any athlete. You can bet your ass that they are not as bad as the media makes them out to be, nor are they as good as the fans make them out to be. They all fall somewhere in the middle.

What is the actual context? Please enlighten; I for one am obviously too ignorant and moronic to get it. But, clearly the headline matches the story perfectly.

Headline of PFF article: "Favre thinks he paved the way for Peyton to leave Indy gracefully."

Quote in article: "In my opinion, I think the Indianapolis-Peyton separation was handled correctly simply because they had seen the Packers and Favre separation not go so well,” Favre said. “You know, I think they were smart in how they handled it — that’s both sides. And so there’s a good example of learning from others’ mistakes, and your own mistakes, and moving forward.”

Only 2 differences I see are: (1) Manning was released, Favre wasn't; and (2) Favre through a public temper tantrum, manning didn't. Here's the context as I see it:

"not go so well" = GB refused to release Favre [Favre thought he was entitled to a release, though no such language was provided for in the contract].

What did Indy learn to do right? A: RELEASE THAT LONG TIME GREAT QB!

Just days before his induction, Favre is implying that 1265 did not act right by refusing to RELEASE HIM! What else could it mean? And I gotta tell ya, it bothers me that a person purporting to represent the Packers doesnt even have the self control to act w/ dignity days b4 his induction. If nothing else his statement is outrageously moronic and ignorant, and egocentric.

Did he do great QB things, YES! But he also did horrible QB things in GB.

Move on [as a player]? Sure, no problem every time; well, uhh, er until he opens his hillbilly yap again and humiliates himself and/or trashes 1265.

Move on [as a misogynist]? Really? Perhaps Penn State should move on and induct Sandusky into their HOF because his on-field performance justifies it. Maybe a touch of empathy can be invoked. How would those here react to to your mom, granddaughter, daughter, sister, wife being sexually harassed at work and/or having their free compromised into having "consensual" intercourse by a person of power that feigns attention to that young girl/women in your life? Hey, ladies you just need to "move on;" boys will be boys; the creepy old guy is going into the HOF 'cause he was such a great QB. Where the fu@K is the morality in this nation!?! No American sports HOF of any kind is just about on-field performance...NONE!

What happens if in 5-10-15 years 2-3-4 dozen women come out of the woodwork like with Cosby? ALL of us know his despicable behavior didn't begin in NY.
nerdmann on 7/11/2015(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#27 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 6:24:50 AM(UTC)

Barfarn said: Go to Quoted Post

Move on [as a misogynist]? Really? Perhaps Penn State should move on and induct Sandusky into their HOF because his on-field performance justifies it. Maybe a touch of empathy can be invoked. How would those here react to to your mom, granddaughter, daughter, sister, wife being sexually harassed at work and/or having their free compromised into having "consensual" intercourse by a person of power that feigns attention to that young girl/women in your life? Hey, ladies you just need to "move on;" boys will be boys; the creepy old guy is going into the HOF 'cause he was such a great QB. Where the fu@K is the morality in this nation!?! No American sports HOF of any kind is just about on-field performance...NONE!

What happens if in 5-10-15 years 2-3-4 dozen women come out of the woodwork like with Cosby? ALL of us know his despicable behavior didn't begin in NY.

Used to hang out with Chewy, 'nuff said.
Offline packerfanoutwest  
#28 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 6:38:15 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 10
Applause Received: 45
In a nutshell, here is my take on this BF crap. How would you like it if you found out your best friend/best man at your wedding, was sleeping with your ex-wife/ex-girlfriend?
nerdmann on 7/11/2015(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 6:42:14 AM(UTC)

United States
What is the actual context? Please enlighten; I for one am obviously too ignorant and moronic to get it. But, clearly the headline matches the story perfectly.

I disagree. I do not think you are ignorant or moronic. We are all simply about seven years worn out about the topic and do not care enough to dig back into it. It's easier to just fling negativity instead because the mere thought of reliving that troubled time was for most quite negative.

Offline sschind  
#30 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 2:15:09 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 229
Applause Received: 617

Headline of PFF article: "Favre thinks he paved the way for Peyton to leave Indy gracefully."

Quote in article: "In my opinion, I think the Indianapolis-Peyton separation was handled correctly simply because they had seen the Packers and Favre separation not go so well,” Favre said. “You know, I think they were smart in how they handled it — that’s both sides. And so there’s a good example of learning from others’ mistakes, and your own mistakes, and moving forward.”

The headline makes it sound as if Favre said "I'm the reason the Colts and Manning parted correctly" and he said nothing of the sort. Nowhere in the quote you provided did Favre say he was the reason the Colts and Manning parted correctly. What he did say was that the Colts saw what happened in Green Bay and they didn't want that to happen to them so they handled it differently/correctly. He does make it sound like the way things happened in Green Bay was a major factor in the way the Colts decided to proceed and that may or may not be the case but he doesn't say it was HIM that made the colts proceed the way they did.

No doubt Favre still feels the whole thing was handled incorrectly. I think the Packers probably do as well as do most of the fans. Favre haters still want to make it seem as though he thinks the Packers were the only ones who did anything wrong and he has said multiple times that he shares the blame for the poor way things turned out.
Zero2Cool on 7/11/2015(UTC)
Rss Feed