Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
I feel your pain LTF. My sympathies.

Today was the day we buried Dad. Of all the friends and family that I saw, seeing 3 of my high school best friends made me break down. I was told they'd be there, so I was prepared for it, but for some reason it got to me when I hugged them. A few hours after the service, I get a picture text from one of them with the text reading, "We got this in McGregor for you guys" (McGregor is a town they had to drive through to get to the funeral).

Here was the picture:
UserPostedImage

Mind you, 2 of these guys are huge Packer fans. The other doesn't have a favorite NFL team, per se.. Just enjoys the sport.

That said, I found the following picture in one of my boxes from when I was in high school. I remember it always being in my locker at school.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
  • Formo
11 years ago
Oh, forgot to add the Facebook status of my God father and uncle who hates Facebook but only got it to see the tributes people have posted on my dad's Facebook wall.

"Today will be the hardest day of my life. It is my baby brother's funeral, my best friend and a great man. All the great memories of Joel will be all I have left now."

My heart breaks for him.
UserPostedImage
Formo
  • Formo
11 years ago
lol Oh, and I also forgot.. Daddy was buried with his favorite Hawaiian shirt and his Minnesota Vikings slippers. RIP Daddy. I hope I do you proud and I miss you so much already.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
11 years ago
It is okay to miss him.Tell him...

Everyday will get easier....I had talks with him and he would visit me in my dreams. I am told that is how he acknowledges he hears me..

Whether you believe in that or not, it HELPED me a ton

I hope he can visit you, and maybe it will ease your pain as it did for me
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I told Keiana she couldn't enter the next grade until she learned how to ride a bike without training wheels. Of course, I was not serious, but she didn't know that. Early August she made me take her to a parking lot to try and she was very determined to stay until she got it. I was filling out paperwork for our new home when I looked up after hearing "daddy daddy im doing it you watching daddy daddy" ... there she was, my little girl riding her bike with no training wheels an no daddy helping her. I was so proud I had tears in my eyes. I thought to myself I can't wait to tell mom and as I started to grab my phone I realized she passed away months prior so I looked up towards the sky and tearfully softly said "you already know huh?" while wiping away a couple tears.

At work we have a long skywalk between the DC and the Plant. Every single time I'm walking through, I pretend I'm talking to her. It probably sounds silly, but it has really helped me. Sometimes I even vent with comments like "mom can you believe this idiot unplugged the com port again and can't figure out how to plug it back in?" ... she laughs and smiles and I hear her say "Kev I'm sure there are things you don't know that he does, that doesn't make you an idiot".

What I'm getting at is ... although he may be physically gone, he is only as far from your lips as your heart.

Sorry Jeremy, but I have to get this in while I can. Jim, you know this site is substantially better, you're required to post here more often. Thank you. :)

Edit, found this in one of the old avatar archives.  555_14360550924dc2134569831.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
great posts. 22 Oct is my dad's 81st bday. Aug was 5 years. Every time I turn around there is something that makes us think of him.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
11 years ago
It's been 38 years for me.......i still have dreams about my Dad. Woke up crying 2 nights ago.
They are never really gone until no one thinks of them any more.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
11 years ago
i've been thinking about your family alot.
losing a parent so far is the hardest thing i've had to go through but i know my dad wouldn't want me to stop living life & jeremy, i know joel wouldn't want that for you either. you will have your memories of him for the remainder of your life & then you'll see him again in heaven. that is what i cling to in moments of desperation.
Formo
  • Formo
11 years ago
Posted a few things on Facebook I'mma share here:

First, a video I took of dad the weekend I took him into chemo I believe.

And the following caption to a photo:

This was a gift  from the latest Metzinger wedding. We had an extra one, so the following Sunday I gave it to my dad. He was super excited and very gracious as this syrup has always been cherished by him. When I saw our bottle of it tonight, I was cruely reminded that he never got to enjoy his. See, later that night after I gave him his, he slipped into a coma. I crack open this bottle tonight in loving memory. :|

NOTE: The Metzingers are family friends, and they have always blessed us with their homemade maple syrup. Used to be a tradition for me to go and help during high school and beyond.
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
    Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
    wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
    wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
    wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
    wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
    wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
    wpr (17-Mar) : INI
    wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
    dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
    dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
    Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.