Zero2Cool
11 years ago

What is the difference between now and 10 years? Like Brett is going to say sorry? Or Ted/Mike is going to admit any fault?

Plus Rodgers will have amassed more Lombardi's by then.. that will only install more rawness to Brett's chapped ass with that news. And he will probably cock off at least once about it soon.

To me.. do it, resolve it and move on. Honor him for what he did over the course of his career in Green Bay, he helped spear the turnaround that still resides today.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson have both publicly stated they made mistakes in assuming there was no way Brett Favre would not return for 2008 and rushed him to a decision predicated on that assumption. It's not like the Packers are the only ones who flugged this up.

I just want it to be over.

I don't know if I care anymore about any apologies.

Brett Favre is an enormous part of the Green Bay Packers history and I would love to see him doing events in the name of the Packers like we see the likes of Antonio Freeman, Mark Tauscher, William Henderson, etc ... if not for the fans, do it for the easy cash for your charities!

I think it would be incredibly awesome if the current Packers regime were to have some kind of Brett Favre Appreciation Day. Set it up for like July 20th or something in the off season.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
It is going to happen at some point in time. Doesn't matter to me if it is tomorrow or in 10 years. I don't care if he kisses Uncle Teddy's butt or not. Everyone knows he douched it up at the end. The god that was Favre is merely a man. Since I wasn't a Favre-ite and didn't worship at his alter I can live it that.

There is less traffic around the board these days but I was a little tired of all the apologists claiming he never did anything wrong (a gross exaggeration on my part) so I don't mind it. I would rather talk to Packer fans than Favre fans anyway. I wouldn't know how to follow a professional sports team because of one single player.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago

I wouldn't know how to follow a professional sports team because of one single player.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Bingo.. I learned that long ago, players come and go, enjoy them a little more when they don your colors.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Bingo.. I learned that long ago, players come and go, enjoy them a little more when they don your colors.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

back in 82 I switched my AL allegiance from the Orioles to the Brewers because Ted Simmons was traded from St Lou to Milwaukee but 1. They had a very good team back then. 2. Simmons stunk while playing in the AL. 3. I never diminished my support for StL doing that time. 4. I gave up on the Brewers when Selig stuck them into the NL. That was one of the stupidest moves ever. It tore away the rivalry they had with both the Twins and the growing one with the ChiSox and gave them the Cubs as there only real rival at the time. The Cubs didn't need a rival to help their attendance and the Brewers could use all the help they could get.
UserPostedImage
Packerchick
11 years ago

amen, for me I could do it in less than 10 years if he owned up what he did to the fans. I dont know what went on with him and management nor do I pretend to. All I know he was an ass by giving a big FU to all the Packers fan out there was just disrespectful and he should own up to it.

oh and maybe officially turning his steak house into a waffle house as a monument to his off-season wait game would be nice too.

Originally Posted by: Akexpat 

Such a sweet little baby you have there, so nicely swaddled in Packers gear. Being brought up right.

I am a woman and I love football.
Cheesey
11 years ago
I knew some day he would be back. Just a matter of when.
He made being a Packer fan fun again. Was i upset that he was a "Viking"? Yes. Did i want the Packers to whip his butt? Yes.

That's all in the past now, and in the end, it's ONLY a game. That's reality.
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
Agree with everything except when he became Viking, I didn't expect him to go to a loser just to make us happy. The Vikings were about as good a fit as ever was based on the situation. And yes, he did make football fun again.

ESPN pushed the door open a little more with the awards.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.