Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

Democracy beat the billionaires tonight. Go fuck yourselves superpacks. And most importantly, my Mia gets to have health care all her life.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

No way the USA lasts as long (to pay said health care) as Mia does. She'll have to fend for herself by her fifties at the latest. And more likely by her thirtieth birthday.

Which will be about 5-10 years after her dad is bankrupted following the federal nationalization of the Bakken oil field in its last gasp attempt to delay a DDD- S&P rating for the US Treasury past one more election.

If I had anything to be invested in American companies right now, I'd be sorely tempted to sell them all short. Or better, buy as many put options as I could find fools willing to sell them to me.

After all, whether I'm right or wrong, I still got the guvmint to wipe my ass and give me free hemorrhoid treatments. They'll just find new ways to tax DakotaT and all the other schmucks dumb enough to try to create real value by working for a living to support me.[sarcasm]

All the while sending their kids to private schools and getting boutique medical care so they don't have to stand in lines to get a throat culture taken.

Billionaires aren't going to be affected. Whether there's a Demolican or a Republocrat in office doesn't matter a bit to them. They're mobile and so are their funds. They'll just spend a few years living in Aruba and cabling a Liechtenstein private bank when they need a bit of petty cash to buy a few skyscrapers in Montevideo or Dubai.

The USA probably won't crash and burn during Obama's tenure. But I'd hate to be the useless asshole who gets elected to deal with the mess he leaves.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DakotaT
11 years ago

Billionaires aren't going to be affected. Whether there's a Demolican or a Republocrat in office doesn't matter a bit to them. They're mobile and so are their funds. They'll just spend a few years living in Aruba and cabling a Liechtenstein private bank when they need a bit of petty cash to buy a few skyscrapers in Montevideo or Dubai.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

That's where you're wrong my friend. You see, my guillotine idea is really going to pick up steam in a few more years. You'll see. 😝
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

Democracy beat the billionaires tonight. Go fuck yourselves superpacks. And most importantly, my Mia gets to have health care all her life.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

the only people who got beat tonight are the workers. Those on top, don't absorb when they are hit with more taxes. they have enough money where they can spend what they want, no matter how much is taken from them. What the result is, is that the money taken is money that would have been invested, and available to fund our businesses and pay our salaries.

when that happens the result is, the workers feel those hits. And when people are given health care where there is no chance that the can pay enough premiums to cover their expenses, the workers again are impacted.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DakotaT
11 years ago

the only people who got beat tonight are the workers. Those on top, don't absorb when they are hit with more taxes. they have enough money where they can spend what they want, no matter how much is taken from them. What the result is, is that the money taken is money that would have been invested, and available to fund our businesses and pay our salaries.

when that happens the result is, the workers feel those hits. And when people are given health care where there is no chance that the can pay enough premiums to cover their expenses, the workers again are impacted.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

So what's new? The middle class always pays all the bills, but do we need to elect these billionaire fucks to openly rub it in our faces? That answer is no.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
11 years ago
Congratulations Barack Obama. The American people have spoken, undoubtedly. Such is our democracy. There's too much emphasis on the President anyway, imo. Either way, let's hope America continues to trend up, even if it's slowly.
flep
11 years ago
Congratulations America.

Well done Wisconsin

Now how do I book a ticket to Colorado????

I fancy getting a "Mile High" in "Mile High"!!!!!!!!!
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
flep
11 years ago

The fact that you actually believe this stuff about Mitt (and I don't like him, mind you) proves that you, along with every other lefty out there, have slurped up every last drop of propaganda they pump out.

I like you Flep, but c'mon man.. That's like me making the accusations that Obama = Communist. And yes, I know I have made those accusations. And yes, they were tongue in cheek to get people riled up.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

No I'm right!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or is that left???????
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Rockmolder
11 years ago
I find this thread extremely amusing.

No one around here cares about the Democrats or Republicans, because both sides are out of touch with what's going on, don't get anything done, don't represent your values and club baby seals to death with puppy bones, but somehow, this thread is the most active one since the religion and Favre threads we had going a couple of years back.

You guys care. Foster's most likely crying in a corner somewhere in his non-insulated room, Zombie has done a little white-man victory dance and Vikesrule finally got rid of that agonizing feeling of Viking fandom for a couple of minutes, cheering after an Obama victory.
Rockmolder
11 years ago

I've read all the pieces and funny thing is, I probably agree with Foster the most. Europe's ENTIRE HISTORY has been genocide, racism, war, and violence. So now, they have a generation of effeminate men and suddenly, they get a free pass? I don't think so.

Yes, we have made mistakes, but we WALK ON WATER compared to Europe. Our two worst sins - the slave trade and what we did to the Native Americans, we got from Europe. Hell, England was still supplying slaves right up to the end and actually took the side of the South. I love how they conveniently forget that.

As for Romney/Obama, don't give a flying fuck. Both of them are pro-police state. Both of them are warmongers. Neither of them gives a damn about our Constitution and wouldn't know Freedom if it kicked them in the ding ding. Plus, both of them will spend us into oblivion. So pick your poison. You might as well vote for the guy with the wife with more fashion sense, because that's about how intelligent I see the Romney/Obama supporters.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I'm pretty sure that you guys don't get blasted for killing out half a continent of Native Americans anymore, so obviously, we don't get blasted for enslaving half the world and plundering all the spices we could find.

Ironically, we do still call that our Golden Age, but you can't have everything.

If anything slams the US now, it's because you've been at peace for, what? A total of twenty years?

Personally, I don't care. If you feel like you have to bomb every country that looks at you funny, feel free to. I'm not slamming the US, at all. It's absolutely ridiculous to go with generalizations like that, making out the entirety of America for warmongering idiots, while half the people I know would like their country to just pull out of all foreign affairs.

I guess it's time to forgive the Germans, as well, as GermanGilbert makes some good points. It's just hard when every second German rides a bike they stole from us 70 years ago.
Rockmolder
11 years ago

Rock can light a bowl and stfu also. (I LIKE bitchin' about Europeans, lol) Didn't we teach that fucker English, as I recall? lol)

Don't take me too seriously, I mess with all continents, lol

🤣

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Yes. Mainly you. You're quite the social and kind-hearted person. You'd be a closet Democrat voter, extraordinaire.

Congrats, man.

UserPostedImage