gbguy20
11 years ago

I think there was a wake up call for the coaching staff as well.. bring it or go home.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

12+ games too fucking late, but I hope you're right.

...Even though we can't protect the QB against their front four, which means that getting the ball out on short patterns would be even that much MORE advisable.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Which makes it that much more mindblowing.
Pack93z
11 years ago

12+ games too fucking late, but I hope you're right.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Are we not 3 games above .500?

Why so serious.. all the matters this season for the Packers is 2 things.

1. We make the playoffs.

2. We learn enough along the way and get ourselves square for the playoffs to play any style of game we need to in order to win that game.

I would love to dominate each week... I would love to be undefeated right now.. but I also know that it is about getting right going into the dance in this league right now. There are no dominate teams.. the talent level across the boards isn't the vast from team to team overall. Holes exist on every team, their is a book on how to beat them. To date, we haven't got right in order to beat a team that you have to run against to beat them. But it is coming.. the carries per game establish that the Packers have learned that lesson.. they also learned this past Sunday that they have work to do yet.

I like our chances this season better than last season. Honestly I do.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
nerdmann
11 years ago
It's "great news" that we "haven't peaked" yet.

But it's getting to be that time.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
I still think part of the problem is not so much the mix between "slants" and other pass plays, but between calling those slants out of the shotgun and calling them when the QB is under center.

If the QB is under center, the DBs have to be right on the line of scrimmage jamming to frustrate the slant's timing. But if the QB is several yards back, it takes more time for the ball to get from the center's hands to the point of release from the quarterback's hands. In that time, the DB playing back a few yards has time to diagnose the slant and using his closing speed to frustrate the slant.

When the offense runs slants from under center, the defense has one way to defend the slant -- press coverage. When the offense runs slants from shotgun, they have two.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
gbguy20
11 years ago

Are we not 3 games above .500?

Why so serious.. all the matters this season for the Packers is 2 things.

1. We make the playoffs.

2. We learn enough along the way and get ourselves square for the playoffs to play any style of game we need to in order to win that game.

I would love to dominate each week... I would love to be undefeated right now.. but I also know that it is about getting right going into the dance in this league right now. There are no dominate teams.. the talent level across the boards isn't the vast from team to team overall. Holes exist on every team, their is a book on how to beat them. To date, we haven't got right in order to beat a team that you have to run against to beat them. But it is coming.. the carries per game establish that the Packers have learned that lesson.. they also learned this past Sunday that they have work to do yet.

I like our chances this season better than last season. Honestly I do.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I agree with everything you said here. But "why so serious?" I've been getting more and more worried as time has gone on. Not because OH SHIT WE LOST A GAME but we lost a game due to the same damn reasons we are always losing them. If we lost to the giants games for all brand new issues we haven't seen with our team yet this year I would be ok with it. But the fact that it's the same shit over and over worries me because I can't fathom how the coaching staff hasn't fixed those issues when they have been so glaring all year.
gbguy20
11 years ago
I know, I know, double post, etc. but this article is actually awesome for what I just said above and what this entire thread is about.

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20121128/PKR01/121128069/Green-Bay-Packers-to-tweak-offensive-strategy-to-protect-QB-Aaron-Rodgers?odyssey=tab |topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

So McCarthy will have to adjust his play calling and blocking scheme to help his injury-diminished offensive line protect Rodgers in the home stretch of the season.

“I think there’s a lot of pride in that group,” Rodgers said Wednesday about the offensive line, “and we have some veteran guys, some guys that played a lot of football. We’re going to do a better job of putting them in situations where they can be successful. We’ve talked about some things already and hopefully we can protect a little better, get it out a little quicker and be a little more efficient on offense.”

LET THERE BE SLANTS!
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

I know, I know, double post, etc. but this article is actually awesome for what I just said above and what this entire thread is about.

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20121128/PKR01/121128069/Green-Bay-Packers-to-tweak-offensive-strategy-to-protect-QB-Aaron-Rodgers?odyssey=tab |topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

LET THERE BE SLANTS!

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Nice to see. 16 sacks in the first 3 weeks of the season for the exact same reason as this, but it takes 12 weeks to think about making adjustments.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nerdmann
11 years ago
PNEWS 

McCarthy will have to adjust his play calling and blocking scheme to help his injury-diminished offensive line protect Rodgers in the home stretch of the season.

“I think there’s a lot of pride in that group,” Rodgers said Wednesday about the offensive line, “and we have some veteran guys, some guys that played a lot of football. We’re going to do a better job of putting them in situations where they can be successful. We’ve talked about some things already and hopefully we can protect a little better, get it out a little quicker and be a little more efficient on offense.”

Yes, GET IT OUT A LITTLE QUICKER! Because, well see below...

McCarthy, though, has shown no inclination to leave Lang at left guard and play either of the backup offensive linemen, undrafted rookies Don Barclay and Greg Van Roten, at right tackle.

Ok, THIS suggests, to me (and call me crazy) that neither Don Barclay nor Greg Van Roten are as good as Lang at that position. I would further hypothesize that they both totally suck shit and are incompetent at that position on the NFL level.

“Our offensive line performance Sunday was not our best performance,” McCarthy said. “It wasn’t our best performance as a whole offense, and you can start with me. When we line up Sunday, we’ll be playing with the same people.”

Ok, so THIS is what we got, from here on out. No Cliffy. Next man up is one of the dudes they are already afraid to put out there. I'd actually like to see Barclay or Van Roten out there for a series or two, just to see what we've got. Break the suspense, if you will. But I suppose that would strategically reveal to other teams the huge secret of their shit suckage.

I'll still be watching.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (33m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.