buckeyepackfan
11 years ago
Looks like Clay is back this week, Woody is definately out, Jordy very doubtful.

I take o look back at this season so far and just wonder how The Packers are where they are.

Packers can't protect Rodgers, Packers can't run the ball,Packers can't get a pass rush,Packers can't defend the pass.

Yet here it is Bear Week 2, and The Packers are 9-4 and poised to take another Division title home.

The old cliche's "the season is not a sprint, it's a marathon and "enjoy the journey", have never sounded so right about this season.

What have we witnessed?

A team that has been able to overcome enormous difficulties.

Starting with the debacle in Seattle, continuing dispite injury after injury to find a way to win 9 games, and now even though it is a small sample, looks like the run game has developed into something the other DC's in the league have to worry about.

We as fans have watched a bunch of kids on defense grow up right before our eyes.

This Is Bears Week!!!

Just as The Pack did against The Lions last week, and 3 weeks before, it's time to show The Bears they don't belong in the playoff race talk.

A blowout win would be fun, but as they usually do, this game will probably be low scoring, defense dominated.

At the end of the day.........Packers 23 Bears 14.

PACKERS WIN ANOTHER DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

GO! PACK! GO!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Porforis
11 years ago
The defense has done an excellent job coming up big (albeit in less flashy ways than 2010) when the offense has been struggling, and the Packers have been scoring when they need to. The Packers are far from perfect, but there haven't been many boneheaded, game-killing mistakes. Those that we have committed seem like they've been coming earlier in games, where we've had more time to recover (mostly talking about turnovers here).
nerdmann
11 years ago
Bad news, I heard Cutler might not play.

PFT 

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was limited in practice today with neck and knee injuries, but the Bears say he’ll be good to go for Sunday’s game against the Packers.

Let's hope he's good to go!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago

Bad news, I heard Cutler might not play.

PFT 

Let's hope he's good to go!

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Even though Cutler has been shit against us... He gives them a better chance to win. You look at Jason Cambell compared to Jay Cutler and you'll see that Cutler takes a lot more chances than Cambell does. Which nessisarally isn't a bad thing. It converts more third downs. And if you give Cutler all day he'll pick us apart unless we can take away Marshall again. I'd rather see Cambell in there more than Cutler, it's gonna be hard to win in soilder field.. But him playing banged up could give us a better advantage.
nerdmann
11 years ago
PFT 

And here's the punchline:

Per the report, the injury is not nearly as severe as the MCL injury that sidelined him during the 2011 NFC Championship game.

LOL
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Porforis
11 years ago

Even though Cutler has been shit against us... He gives them a better chance to win. You look at Jason Cambell compared to Jay Cutler and you'll see that Cutler takes a lot more chances than Cambell does. Which nessisarally isn't a bad thing. It converts more third downs. And if you give Cutler all day he'll pick us apart unless we can take away Marshall again. I'd rather see Cambell in there more than Cutler, it's gonna be hard to win in soilder field.. But him playing banged up could give us a better advantage.

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

I agree with all of your evidence but disagree with your conclusion. Big plays aren't going to beat us, consistently moving the ball down the field 5-15 yards at a time is going to beat us by wearing down our depleted defense (luckily we get Neal and Matthews back). If we can contain Brandon Marshall as well as we contained Johnson last week (hopefully better), we're good. I just would rather play against a Favre/Cutler type rather than a guy that may not have a cannon arm but doesn't take tons of chances. I'll take the big play threat and Cutler's 3-4 INT-able balls per game any day.
Pack93z
11 years ago
Completely honest answer, Jason Campbell is the better overall player between he and Cutler. Pure Physical Talent... that would belong to Cutler, but I would rather take the field with Campbell behind center. Cutler is a lead dog type player, as long as he isn't chasing anything, mentally he is fine. He lacks the composure and mental toughness to prosper in all game situations.

I love the fact that the Bears are and have Jay Cutler... because more often than not, he is going to wilt under the mental pressure.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
gbguy20
11 years ago
Didn't know where else to put it so I'll put it here:

Please click the link to give the author some hits and to see the rest of the article:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/14/3tfo-packers-bears-week-15/ 

Clay Matthews vs. J’Marcus Webb

The Packers are desperate for the expected return of their only true pass-rushing threat, outside linebacker Clay Matthews, who has been out with a hamstring injury. Surprisingly, the Packers have managed to generate the exact same amount of pressure (29% of their opponents’ drop-backs) in the four games without Matthews, as they were before his absence. So what’s been the difference? In a word — violence. With Matthews in the mix, 44% of Green Bay’s pressures were either hits or sacks. When QBs are getting clobbered, bad things tend to happen for offenses. With Matthews on the sideline that rate has dropped to 24% as the Packers have settled for the less disruptive (and less painful) QB hurry.

Matthews’ profile is a nightmare for left tackles. Typical for an edge rusher, he gets most of his pressure (48%) beating a blocker to the outside. But not so typical is the success of his countermove to the inside (31%). Only 5% of his pressures come on bull rushes.

Without Matthews on the field, opposing tackles can relax a bit because his fellow OLBs are one-trick ponies. For Erik Walden, 57% of his pressures are either unblocked or come so late in the play that the initial move is no longer relevant. That’s probably the easiest explanation for why Walden is yet again one of our lowest-graded pass rushers. Rookie Dezman Moses still needs to develop a repertoire beyond the outside speed rush (79% of his pressures) as he has yet to notch a single pressure off an inside move or bull rush.

With Matthews likely back in the lineup, what will that mean for Bears left tackle J’Marcus Webb? In their Week 2 meeting, it meant two sacks, one hurry, a false start penalty and a scolding from quarterback Jay Cutler. Since then Webb has shown some improvement over his 2011 campaign with a higher cumulative grade in protection and an elevated Pass Blocking Efficiency rating. Webb’s protection profile seems to match up well against Matthews. Like most NFL tackles, he yields about half of his pressures to outside pass rushes, and that’s where he’ll be most susceptible to Matthews’ strengths. Matthews’ countermove, however, will likely be less of a factor, as Webb gets beat to the inside much less (only 14% of pressures yielded) than the league average (33%).

warhawk
11 years ago
Most Packers/Bears games are not very pretty. Most Bears games aren't very pretty, period.

The life blood of a Bears win is turnovers. If they get turnovers they can win but if the opposing team can just hold onto the ball they will be in the game.

The Bears haven't beaten a good team all year. Looong ago I predicted (somewhere here) that they would fall big in the second half of the season when they actually play teams that can win.

They are overrated but will still keep this a close game. We have had success winning against them lately but the only game we really handled them like we should was the first one this year. Other than that I felt like we won but it shouldn't have been as close as the games ended up.

That's the Bears though. They think wins like we've been getting lately are a thing of beauty.
"The train is leaving the station."
Pack93z
11 years ago
RutRoh...

As expected, wide receiver Jordy Nelson was ruled out for the Packers. Guard Josh Sitton didn’t practice on Friday because of a hip injury and he’ll be listed as questionable for Sunday.

"PFTalk" wrote:

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"