Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
9 Pages«<789
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gbguy20  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:09:47 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
There is a great article on Rodgers by Trent Dilfer. He talks about how QB's can beat you with their brains, arm, accuracy, and feet, stating Rodgers blows all other QB's away when you combine those four elements.
That was not the most interesting part of the article, however. He went on to say that the 49r's are in trouble because their defense has not changed much and they utilized the same schemes and looks all year. He went on to talk about Atlanta a few years ago and how they beat the Packers in the regular season but then Rodgers smoked them in the playoffs. The Falcons, in Dilfers mind, made the fatal error of thinking they had defensive schemes that could hold Rodgers in check but what happened was he saw everything they were trying to do and was one step ahead of them the second time around.
He went on to say that while the 49'rs have had success on defense their lack of additional kinds of schemes to throw Rodgers off will allow him to carve them up this second time around. They run essentially the same looks they did in week one.

I hope he's right.

As far as being a stat whore I think that's bogus. I see him as a guy that only cares about winning and if INT's didn't = losses he wouldn't worry about not throwing them as much. Based on how many games he's won and how many we lost thru no fault of his having done what he could to get a W I say just keep doing what your doing.

link to article
call me Dan
Online Zero2Cool  
#82 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:20:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post

Not sure if that's the one he's referring to though ...
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed