Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

I'd go out and spent some money on one bitchin' hairpiece. That way, I could get on the sidelines, instead of up in a boot, without the fear of my combover being uncovered.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

+1

And yes, I'd go full anti-run, as well. I reckon the Vikings are the only team in the entire league that I'd play purely on the run and let them try to beat me through the air.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

I would dare the Chiefs as well to pass the ball.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
11 years ago
I'd put my steel-toed boots on and start kicking offensive linemen dead-square in the ass with them.

I'd then tell them that we need to play with a lead, and if you fail to do your jobs, we can't do ours.

Then I'd put my fattest fucks in the game to stop AD.

DakotaT
11 years ago

I'd put my steel-toed boots on and start kicking offensive linemen dead-square in the ass with them.

I'd then tell them that we need to play with a lead, and if you fail to do your jobs, we can't do ours.

Then I'd put my fattest fucks in the game to stop AD.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

First you'd have to wipe the three inches of dust off those steel toed work boots, ya on the dole beaurocrat. Keyboard tough guy.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

Keep their offense off the field as much as possible. We CANNOT start the game with 3 and outs. That is unacceptable. Next is to play your role correctly. Do not go rogue and do not tackle behind him. Don't get too deep into the line. Let the tackles do their job and be ready to make a play at all times. EXECUTE the damn play!

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

I take some of my pay and give it to McCarthy to call more running plays...
flep
11 years ago
Ball control, clock control offense. Score early.

3 - 4 D with the OLB's lined up 1 - 2 yards outside the Offensive Guards to try to force the run inside.

Make sure the the OLB's are told repeatably to stay on their assignments and not get drawn into the middle of the field. If an OL comes out to block you push him backwards, not towards the line of scrimmage. Keep outside contain at all times.

Man coverage by the corners.

Safeties - have one mirror AP.

That said.

Just stop the fucking run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
Ball control does not fall within Capers role.. his role is to stop the offense. He is like the mushroom at the bottom of a shitter.. he gets what he gets.. his job is to setup his unit to stop the opposing offense.

But I agree in the grand scheme, go look at the consistently good defenses and what their offense is built around balance and controlling the clock. The defenses of the last couple decades that were dominate.. the 80's Bears, 90's Bucs, Steelers, and Ravens. It is about just running the ball.. it is about clock management and attitude.
Mike McCarthy has been running the ball more and it is helping, last week he didn't keep it as balanced, but to be fair, we also we playing from behind almost from the get go. But yes, he still wasn't as patient as he could have been. I expect a heavy dose of Harris early this week to establish that element and overall more balance.

But that still doesn't stop AP when he is on the field.

Unless you are saying he is an unstoppable force (which I believe is bullshit) and that we just need to accept that he is going to roll through our defense.

AP deserves at least a share of the league MVP, but he is still just a man and can be dropped to the turf.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DarkaneRules
11 years ago
Oh and don't start Ryan Grant at running back.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
zombieslayer
11 years ago
How many times do I have to explain this to you knuckleheads - STOP THE PASS. Who cares about the run?

See, I studied something called History. With History, you learn with FACTS, NOT EMOTIONS.

Fact - we beat the Vikings the first time we played them despite AD running for 210 yards and a TD. Why? We stopped the pass. Ponder threw for only 119 yards and he gave us 2 INTs.

Fact - the Vikings beat us the 2nd game because we were so worried about AD that we forgot to cover the pass. AD got his 199 yards and a TD, but Ponder threw for 234 yards and 3 TDs.

Fact - we beat the Vikings last year @ MN when AD ran for 175 yards and a TD. However, Ponder gave us 2 INTs that game.

Fact - we smeared the Vikings last year in GB because we started off the game with a 14-0 lead in the 1st Q. AD only got 14 carries because they abandoned the run BECAUSE THEY HAD TO IN ORDER TO CATCH UP.

These are four, count them, four facts. My thesis statement from these four facts are if you stop the Vikings' passing game, you win the game. AD will get his yards.

Let him.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
nerdmann
11 years ago

How many times do I have to explain this to you knuckleheads - STOP THE PASS. Who cares about the run?

See, I studied something called History. With History, you learn with FACTS, NOT EMOTIONS.

Fact - we beat the Vikings the first time we played them despite AD running for 210 yards and a TD. Why? We stopped the pass. Ponder threw for only 119 yards and he gave us 2 INTs.

Fact - the Vikings beat us the 2nd game because we were so worried about AD that we forgot to cover the pass. AD got his 199 yards and a TD, but Ponder threw for 234 yards and 3 TDs.

Fact - we beat the Vikings last year @ MN when AD ran for 175 yards and a TD. However, Ponder gave us 2 INTs that game.

Fact - we smeared the Vikings last year in GB because we started off the game with a 14-0 lead in the 1st Q. AD only got 14 carries because they abandoned the run BECAUSE THEY HAD TO IN ORDER TO CATCH UP.

These are four, count them, four facts. My thesis statement from these four facts are if you stop the Vikings' passing game, you win the game. AD will get his yards.

Let him.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

What you say is true, and I agree with it.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be manning up and tackling the dude. I'd still key on him to some extent.

Forcing Ponder to pass is not mutually exclusive with stopping their passing game. lol
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago

Let him.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I think we need to cool the jets on stopping one person because frankly it doesn't work. We don't need to flood the box everytime. Cause if 1 guy, count em 1 guy doesn't tackle it could spring AP loose. Just let the front 7 do their job, the linebackers and Dline have been playing better. We can't count on that secondary to do everything, of course Woodson will help there but still.

I think Dom should stop the pass in this game too. Challenge them to run the ball, play your game Dom. Use those combo coverage's early and blitz the fuck out of him later.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.