Rockmolder
11 years ago
Thank you, Nick, for the kind words.

I know you won't be posting, but I hope you'll be just curious enough to take a peek at this thread later on and read what everyone's written to and about you.

You where one of the first guys here that got me going and got me sucked in to this forum (even though most of you where 4 times my age, if not more). Not knowing a great amount of English and knowing even less about the game of football, people like you, Shawn, Dave, Rourke, Paul, Kevin pretty much accepted me any way.

Not a big deal for most, but coping with some heavy social anxiety to a point where I'd miss 50% of school because of being terrified to just go there, it was a blessing. I didn't see it as running away, I saw it as a different way to get into contact with people and get better.

With Rourke gone from this place, I feel like you're the second to leave of the people who where partially responsible for my turn around.

The only thing that makes this one even heavier is knowing, to an extent, what you've been through.

The exact same thing as my dad.

The way you turned around, fought that demon and left it behind... I'm nothing more than impressed by you and I thank you for the work you've continued to do in that field.

I know you've faced some hardships. Your veteran's day post about Vietnam still moves me every single time I read it and, even though I've been together with my girl for just short of a year, which is not in a single way comparable to your situation, I can't even imagine having to go through what you've been through.

Yet, you've always been one of the most understanding and upbeat members of this forum.

I just want to thank you for everything you've done Nick. Things often make a bigger impact on people than you know. Good luck with your life and your son. May he become as upstanding a man as you are.
TheKanataThrilla
11 years ago
Ever since I joined this site it made me really curious as to why rival fans would join. I could never see myself joining a Vikings forum or a Bears forum. I just expected a troll type behaviour from VR and it just wasn't the case. Of course there was banter, but then when we go to the other forum discussions we can see at how alike we really are we just wear different colours. Truly honoured to be mentioned in your departure post. I have known death more than most losing my dad at 22 when he was just 49 and losing my daughter at 37 when she was just a few weeks old. It makes no sense that God seems to want some of us way before our time and often they are those who fall under the old adage "only the good die young", but if indeed time is close I pray for you and your family. God speed and now at least I will take a little solace in that when my beloved Packers lose to the Vikings you will be looking down smiling.

Sean aka The Kanata Thrilla
Dulak
11 years ago
hmmm I missed it - why isnt vikesrules not going to post here anymore? ...
ps - cant take internet stuff too seriously - lots of people post stuff they would not say in real life or if they did they are the ones with no friends.

Zero2Cool
11 years ago

hmmm I missed it - why isnt vikesrules not going to post here anymore? ...
ps - cant take internet stuff too seriously - lots of people post stuff they would not say in real life or if they did they are the ones with no friends.

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

His absence is more of a personal nature, and assuredly, nothing related to anything that has happened on the site.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
11 years ago
i'm so sorry to hear about your health, nick.

i will pray for you & yours for whatever is to come, that God will wrap you in His arms & give you strength & peace.

whenever i'm referred to as one of the 'guys', it's truly an honor for me. thank you for honoring me in your final post which was incredibly heartfelt & meaningful to us all.

you're a good man, nick.
dfosterf
11 years ago
The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

macbob
11 years ago
Damn. Thread says it's only been 5 days. Seems like lots longer.

Miss Nick and hope he's well.
UserPostedImage
macbob
11 years ago
I feel like a smoker giving up cigarettes...

It's only been 8 days??? yougottabeshittingme! arrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

I'm going to have to go back and read some of VR's old posts, my version of a nicoderm patch...

I particularly enjoyed the ones where he would make up some outrageous quote and post it attributed to 'an internet football expert' or some such. Those were most often hilarious. As well as the posts where the responders didn't notice what Nick had done and took his post seriously...
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago
Agreed Bob.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
flep
11 years ago
Nick is still logging on and lurking, just not posting.

Take care of yourself Vikesy!!!!!!!!!!!
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!