Pack93z
11 years ago
To illustrate the notion that our interior line defensive line / middle linebacker play wasn't the issue against the run this year.

Between the tackles as a whole.. we gave up 4.12 yards per carry.

On the edges, we have up 6.67 yards per carry over the course of the entire season and postseason.

League average per carry allowed = 4.26.

So between the tackles.. our rush defense wasn't that poor, actually above average.. off the edge.. yikes.

And just to be fair.. both edges were guilty.. one at 6.89 YPC.. the Other 6.5.

Now in terms of pass rush.. no they get little push as most 3-4 blocker consumers don't.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Yerko
11 years ago

Finally we need a better backup for Perry, and another MLB to backup, Jones, Smith, and Bishop. Hopefully Jones will develop into a better MLB next year. Certainly Bishops presence on the field will be a huge boost next season, we've missed that guy.

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

Are you saying that AJ Hawk is not a Packer next season?

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Can anyone update me on what type of injury Worthy actually sustained? I must have missed further information on exactly what his knee injury was. Was it just a sprain, ACL, etc?

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

rotoworld: 

Latest News
Recent News
Packers DE Jerel Worthy's season-ending knee injury wasn't as serious as initially feared and is not expected to require surgery.
"From what I know, they said it was like a severe knee bruise," said Worthy. "Just something that would have really affected me if I would have went out there and played over the last few weeks." Worthy does not believe the injury will cause him to miss any significant portion of the team's offseason workouts. Jan 14 - 12:15 PM
Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

UserPostedImage
RajiRoar
11 years ago
Is Capers contract up?

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Is Capers contract up?

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar 

I just spent a couple minutes looking this and couldn't find the answer so I was gonna ask here ... what was he originally signed with? I only found that he and the Packers game to an agreement, but not details. I think a four year deal, which I believe would mean he's up for a contract extension.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

Is Capers contract up?

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar 

Yes I believe so.

Latest I can find was he was extended for a year which would take him through the 2012 season.

Source 
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
doddpower
11 years ago

rotoworld: 

Originally Posted by: wpr 

That's fantastic news. I still think Worthy can be an effective player, especially on the inside on passing downs, and even more so in the traditional 4-3 DT. Perhaps he won't be an impact starter, but as long as he stays motivated, he should be able to be solid depth, at worse.

DakotaT
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

I think it depends on how much cap can be saved, because the guy is never going to be better than steady. The 3-4 features the linebackers, and if you have mediocrity at any of the positions than it carries on throughout the defense. I think Manning was drafted to replace Hawk, now whether he will be ready or not by next season remains to be seen. Manning was hurt all through training camp last year, but was a good contributor on special teams - hope he's given a chance next year.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

I think it depends on how much cap can be saved, because the guy is never going to be better than steady. The 3-4 features the linebackers, and if you have mediocrity at any of the positions than it carries on throughout the defense. I think Manning was drafted to replace Hawk, now whether he will be ready or not by next season remains to be seen. Manning was hurt all through training camp last year, but was a good contributor on special teams - hope he's given a chance next year.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Salary aside, if they have CM3, Perry on the outside and Bishop inside they can afford to have Hawk run around out there.

I am not a big Hawk fan one way or the other. He does some things adequately and other things not so well.

A.J. Hawk Linebacker 3/3/2011: Signed a five-year, $33.75 million contract. The deal included an $8 million signing bonus and a $1.8 million roster bonus in the first season. Annual $250,000 workout bonuses are available in years two through five. 2012: $4.4 million (+ $300,000 roster bonus), 2013: $4.9 million (+ $300,000 roster bonus), 2014: $4.9 million (+ $800,000 roster bonus), 2015: $5.4 million (+ $800,000 roster bonus), 2016: Free Agent

rotoworld wrote:

he is worth 5.2 mil plus 1.6 for his signing bonus on the 2013 cap.
If they release him they will have 3 years of cap to eat.
link 

D.J. Smith Linebacker 7/29/2011: Signed a four-year, $2.143 million contract. The deal included a $103,152 signing bonus. 2012: $465,000, 2013: $555,000, 2014: $645,000, 2015: Free Agent

Desmond Bishop Linebacker 1/4/2011: Signed a four-year, $19.05 million contract. The deal contains $5 million guaranteed and $2 million in roster and workout bonuses. 2012: $3.001 million, 2013: $3.464 million, 2014: $3.522 million, 2015: Free Agent

UserPostedImage
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

I forgot his name. [oops2] But... I would like to see him gone. He's degressed since the superbowl year tremendously. I could say he hasn't been good since the 09' season to be honest. He may never be injured but the guy isn't that fast and pretty much a liability in coverage.
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
    Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
    wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
    wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
    wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
    wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
    wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
    wpr (17-Mar) : INI
    wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
    dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
    dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
    Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.