QCHuskerFan
11 years ago
TT is a dumba**. He could have traded for any defensive player he wanted in midseason. He had the perfect trade material. Who wouldn't have wanted Rodgers in a trade in mid October?

Sarcasm.
yooperfan
11 years ago
In a word: No.
Porforis
11 years ago

TT is a dumba**. He could have traded for any defensive player he wanted in midseason. He had the perfect trade material. Who wouldn't have wanted Rodgers in a trade in mid October?

Sarcasm.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

Hey, I was saying we should trade Rodgers for Ponder. Rodger's last game? His backup torches the Lions for 400+ yards.

And look at the Vikings when Ponder went down.

Therefore, Ponder >>> Rodgers.
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago

The hypotheticals there are immense. Fact of note is he has made none, neither trades nor FA signings, with 2 seasons of the exact same needs staring him right in the face: pass rush opposite Matthews.

True or no? He had time to try to address this even after Perry was lost for the year.

Two years later, we still see Walden and Zombo out there. You may call it "bitching," but these are very real problems, and concerns there are not unfounded.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Walden played well early in the season, so did Moses. So they felt confident sending Perry on IR and playing with those guys. They just didn't cut it when it counted.

I'm not blaming Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy or Dom for this. They had to work with what they had. I bet there was nothing better out there.

We will probably part ways with Walden and Zombo out if they don't preform well. Which I think Walden will be gone. Zombo still has a chance. He's been hurt.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
1. Walden: Walden's biggest problem IMO is his inconsistency. He's played great (e.g., playoff game against Minnesota, IMO). And he's played horrible (e.g., playoff game against SF). I give him a bit of a mulligan for 2011 because of "home/personal issues" -- regardless of who is in right or not, those things can affect productivity in many ways. But I don't know what to think given 2012's performance. Where does consistency come from? Can it be developed by the right coach? Is it a question of "growing up"? Can he do a James Jones and go from maddingly inconsistent to a rock? Based on how "the light went on" or whatever you want to call it happened with Jones, I want Walden back AND competing for a starting spot.
2. Perry. Jury's still out here. If the key word for Walden is "inconsistent", the key word for Perry is "potential". He's a first rounder, so the potential is clearly there. But prior to his injury, had he really shown all that much since being drafted. I'm not saying he won't be a great player. Though I'm on record as saying at the time I didn't like the pick, I think he does have to be considered the front-runner/presumptive starter in 2013 because of his draft position. I think it's his job to lose.
3. Free agency. It's almost pointless to talk about big names, since it is so unlikely that Ted Thompson will ever be a major player at the beginning of free agency, but what do people think of Avril from Detroit. I seem to recall a story somewhere that Detroit is *not* going to be franchising him this go-round. Would he fit the Packer system? Is he overrated/underrated? Is he someone worth "over-spending"?
4. Greene (original thread). I think the Packers interior underperformed big time in the SF game. It seems to me the ILBs were part of that, and so it is a black mark for Greene in my book. But the failure in the center was so systematic (Raji was back to his first-2/3rds-of-season underwhelming, as was the secondary; even my man, Ryan Pickett, had a less than stellar game in-between the plays he missed because of injury). I think all the defensive coaches deserve more scrutiny because of it, but I don't think Greene should be singled out.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
Isn't Green the OLB coach? I don't know who is responsible for coaching the inside ones.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Isn't Green the OLB coach? I don't know who is responsible for coaching the inside ones.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Winston Moss.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Winston Moss.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

That's right. I knew someone had the position. I looked at he website and he is not under the defense. He is listed under HC.

Head Coach

Mike McCarthy
    Winston Moss - Assistant Head Coach/Inside Linebackers

Offensive Coaches

Tom Clements - Offensive Coordinator
    Edgar Bennett - Wide Receivers
    James Campen - Offensive Line
    Jerry Fontenot - Tight Ends
    Joel Hilgenberg - Assistant Offensive Line
    Ben McAdoo - Quarterbacks
    John Rushing - Offensive Assistant/Special Teams
    Alex Van Pelt - Running Backs

Defensive Coaches

Dom Capers - Defensive Coordinator
    Kevin Greene - Outside Linebackers
    Scott McCurley - Defensive Quality Control
    Darren Perry - Secondary - Safeties
    Mike Trgovac - Defensive Line
    Joe Whitt Jr. - Secondary - Cornerbacks

Special Teams Coaches

Shawn Slocum - Special Teams Coordinator
    Chad Morton - Special Teams Assistant

Strength & Conditioning Staff

Mark Lovat - Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
    Thadeus Jackson - Strength & Conditioning Assistant
    Zac Woodfin - Strength & Conditioning Assistant

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
I finally found a code that works for me without doing a 1000 edits. =d>
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
11 years ago
I'm curious, I don't see an inside linebackers coach on the roster.
Winston Moss was but now it appears that they have none.
What's up with that?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.