wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

I've also seen GB go 3 and out... I'll take the points not matter how long it takes.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

In my scenario the only sure points are the quick ones. It is not some evil plot by Mike McCarthy to blow away all the offensive records.

I will take the points too. long drive or quick one. There is nothing wrong with scoring quickly. There is no virtue to plodding along but there is a greater risk of not coring by getting on 4 yards an attempt.
UserPostedImage
QCHuskerFan
11 years ago

Defense Rankings (of who played atleast 25% snaps) from ProFootballFocus - link  to how they grade.

3 - 4 DE out of 32
[list]

• 7th B.J. Raji
  • 13th Mike Neal
  • 32nd Jerel Worthy[/list]

• 3 - 4 OLB out of 34
    [list]
  • 2nd Clay Matthews
  • 28th Dezman Moses
  • 34th Erik Walden[/list]

• DT/NT out of 85
    [list]
  • 37th Ryan Pickett[/list]

• ILB out of 53
    [list]
  • 10th Brad Jones
  • 20th A.J. Hawk
  • 28th D.J. Smith[/list]

• CB out of 113
    [list]
  • 3rd Casey Hayward
  • 12th Sam Shields
  • 40th Davon House
  • 60th Tramon Williams[/list]

• S out of 88
    [list]
  • 17th Morgan Burnett
  • 32nd Jerron McMillian
  • 37th Charles Woodson
  • 50th M.D. Jennings[/list]

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

• Some real interesting things here. Packers had the worst 3-4 OLB and the worst 3-4 DE. Although what it really means is that we had the worst full time player at those positions. There were many worse players that didn't see the snaps that ours did. Packers staff has to look at last years draft and smile. Because their top pick would have been playing instead of the poorly rated 3-4 LBs and their #2 pick was good enough to log a lot of snaps, but bad enough to be poorly rated. Only way to go is up or injury...

Many are looking for big things from DJ Smith but he was rated only average and below Hawk, who many don't believe in.

Williams being the #60 CB is a big concern to me. I don't care how many big name receivers he is locked up on. He can't rank that bad and take up the salary he does.
    PackFanWithTwins
    11 years ago

Some real interesting things here. Packers had the worst 3-4 OLB and the worst 3-4 DE. Although what it really means is that we had the worst full time player at those positions. There were many worse players that didn't see the snaps that ours did. Packers staff has to look at last years draft and smile. Because their top pick would have been playing instead of the poorly rated 3-4 LBs and their #2 pick was good enough to log a lot of snaps, but bad enough to be poorly rated. Only way to go is up or injury...

Many are looking for big things from DJ Smith but he was rated only average and below Hawk, who many don't believe in.

Williams being the #60 CB is a big concern to me. I don't care how many big name receivers he is locked up on. He can't rank that bad and take up the salary he does.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

There is seriously something wrong with this ranking system. Casey is not the 3rd best CB, neither he nor House are better than Tramon. Or McMillian better than Woodson. With rankings like that, it seriously questions any validity of that sight.
    The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
    nerdmann
    11 years ago

I think if you polled 100 HCs from the NFL and NCAA and asked them if they preferred to score in 2-3 plays but only used up a min off the clock or have the ball for 10 minutes where you may or may not score and the score could be only a FG, 100% of the coaches would chose to score quickly.

But that is just my guess. [grin1]

Originally Posted by: wpr 

How'd that work out?
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    Packers_Finland
    11 years ago

There is seriously something wrong with this ranking system. Casey is not the 3rd best CB, neither he nor House are better than Tramon. Or McMillian better than Woodson. With rankings like that, it seriously questions any validity of that sight.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

How do you know? Do you watch every snap of every single NFL game multiple times? These guys do.

I thought Hayward was our best DB this year. He was spectacular. I'm not going to go as far as to say he's definitely better than Tramon, but he was better than him this year for sure. Hayward had more INTs, more defended passes, less TDs allowed (at zero) while playing considerably less snaps than Tramon. Tramon was %-wise targeted more often, and allowed more catches and yards per snap than Hayward. Though, one must consider that Tramon was covering the opponent's best guy more often than Hayward.

From what I've read (they have good articles too where they explain a lot of their grading and how that grade manifested itself during the games) it's a very reliable site in terms of evaluating players' performances. I don't think they know everything or have the perfect system for grading player performance but it's better than any other site I've seen.
    This is a placeholder
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    11 years ago

How'd that work out?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

excellent. Thanks for asking.
    UserPostedImage
    gbguy20
    11 years ago

http://www.profootballfocus.com/about/grading/ 

I trust their rankings much more than anything else I've come across
    PackFanWithTwins
    11 years ago

How do you know? Do you watch every snap of every single NFL game multiple times? These guys do.

I thought Hayward was our best DB this year. He was spectacular. I'm not going to go as far as to say he's definitely better than Tramon, but he was better than him this year for sure. Hayward had more INTs, more defended passes, less TDs allowed (at zero) while playing considerably less snaps than Tramon. Tramon was %-wise targeted more often, and allowed more catches and yards per snap than Hayward. Though, one must consider that Tramon was covering the opponent's best guy more often than Hayward.

From what I've read (they have good articles too where they explain a lot of their grading and how that grade manifested itself during the games) it's a very reliable site in terms of evaluating players' performances. I don't think they know everything or have the perfect system for grading player performance but it's better than any other site I've seen.

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland 

Do you really need to watch every single snap to see that Hayward was not the 3rd best CB in the ENTIRE NFL? He was the 3rd best CB on this team. Thus being the NB. He had his shot while Shields was down and guess what. He didn't keep the #2 spot. Sammy took it back.

These guys, write trying to justify their site, yes they have interesting articles, but they are not the bible. If they knew that much, they would not be working on a website, they would have a job for a NFL team. Hayward, had the easiest job of our CB, he is surrounded by more help. I'll take the expertise of the coached of the Packers, over some geeks trying to make their site seem valid.
    The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
    Zero2Cool
    11 years ago

Do you really need to watch every single snap to see that Hayward was not the 3rd best CB in the ENTIRE NFL? He was the 3rd best CB on this team.

Casey Hawyard had the third best season in the NFL, which is not saying he is the 3rd best CB in the NFL. Massive difference there, massive.
    UserPostedImage
    Pack93z
    11 years ago

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland 

Here is one thing that isn't taken into account in the rankings.. Hayward played most of the year in the slot, where you have more over help than the edge. You can gamble a bit more thus you should have more opportunities for picks... hence why they tried to always put Woodson in the slot.. allow his play making ability surface.

Not taking anything away from his game and performance this season.. just noting that PFF does a decent job overall IMO.. they don't always factor in the roles each player on each team takes.
    "The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (12h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
    Zero2Cool (12h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
    wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
    wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
    wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
    wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
    wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
    wpr (17-Mar) : INI
    wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
    dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
    dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
    Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.