doddpower
11 years ago
Yeah, it seems very unlikely that Jennings will be a Packer in 2013. As others have said, he's simply more valuable to other teams than he is the Packers, even if he isn't quite as valuable as he thinks. I really can't imagine some other team not offering him more than the Packers would. Actually, since the Bengals have so much cap space ($55 million that one article said), that could be a great location for him. AJ Green, Jennings, and Gresham would be a nice receiving core. Although, Red Dalton is not a championship QB. However, they would be "contenders," in theory. The Texans, Patriots, Dolphins, Vikings, Bears, etc. etc. etc. could all use a guy like that, and many could find a way to afford him. It will be interesting to see how it works out, but I don't see him as a Packer in 2013. The guy does seem to get open a lot, though.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

I've finally realized the best way to argue with you is to give you my opinion (which in time you'll learn to take as a fact 🤔 ) and then let you do all the work to prove my opinion right. This way you don't get mad at me, I don't have to get frustrated with you, and we're all happy!

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

The fact that you spout off so much, with no factual support is why I have difficulty trusting your comments. You shout your opinion as gospel, as fact and no other opinion is relevant that differs from yours. How many times have you cited a source to backup your opinions stated as facts? When have you taken the time to research an opinion of yours to find factual proof to support your intuition?

I know what I do not know. You slack that department. :)

That's not to say I don't enjoy your comments, because I do. I just don't put much trust into them being factually accurate, lol.

The Texans, Patriots, Dolphins, Vikings, Bears, etc. etc. etc. could all use a guy like that, and many could find a way to afford him. It will be interesting to see how it works out, but I don't see him as a Packer in 2013. The guy does seem to get open a lot, though.

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

Anyone could find a way to fit him into their salary, the question is, what is the trade off and is the trade off worth it? Mathematically, I was thinking it would be fine considering his 2012 salary and the Donald Driver salary basically combine to equal the franchise tender. When reading his comments on being franchised, I had to discard my theory. Sure, not many players like the tag, but I've noticed Jennings being a lot more vocal this season than in years past. I could envision that being an issue.

So, after thinking more into it, I'd rather that tag cash of say $10 million allocated to some of our soon to be free agents to be after the 2013 season.

UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

Anyone could find a way to fit him into their salary, the question is, what is the trade off and is the trade off worth it? Mathematically, I was thinking it would be fine considering his 2012 salary and the Donald Driver salary basically combine to equal the franchise tender. When reading his comments on being franchised, I had to discard my theory. Sure, not many players like the tag, but I've noticed Jennings being a lot more vocal this season than in years past. I could envision that being an issue.

So, after thinking more into it, I'd rather that tag cash of say $10 million allocated to some of our soon to be free agents to be after the 2013 season.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm a little surprised by that, but it is understandable. I'm on the fence, and would rather fit him into our cap than see him in a Bear or Viking uniform. That's for sure. MIA, CIN and the like I don't care too much about, but I'd hate to see him with a division rival. Maybe the only way to guard against that is the tag.

I do agree his attitude seemed different this last year. And, not in a good way.
play2win
11 years ago

His attitude lately is what has gotten to me as a fan and honestly now, I think he is toying with the fans. Just my opinion but taking a picture of your empty locker and asking fans to "like" it if you want him to stay or "comment" if you want him to play for another team is dumb. I believe a lot of his latest actions show he wants to have a fresh start somewhere and be THE GUY of that team. I was upset about the possibility of him going to another team before but when he doesn't want to be on the team I watch and like, it makes it a little easier to deal with his departure as a fan.

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

Yerko, thanks for the info & links. I didn't go far enough back in the comments before my last post, but yeah, makes more sense now. Really unfortunate. Kind of confirms his actions. Let him walk.
doddpower
11 years ago

Yeah, I understand any team COULD. But it would obviously be easier for a team like the Bengals who have large amounts of cap space available vs. a team like the Packers who have some space, but also have some huge money contracts coming up. Given the Packers current cap situation, other teams situations and needs at WR, and Jennings change in attitude, I just can't see him coming back. Let's be honest, if you were a Bengals, Dolphins, or almost any other team that could reasonably afford Jennings without losing anyone else, who wouldn't want him? I know if I was a fan of those teams I would want/expect "my" team to make an effort to sign him. He can still be a very effective player and a #1 WR, or elite #2, at worse. I hope Jennings finds what he is looking for. Unfortunately for all parties involved, I just don't think it's with the Packers. It happens. Hopefully the Packers are awarded a 3rd round compensatory pick for losing him though.

DakotaT
11 years ago

The fact that you spout off so much, with no factual support is why I have difficulty trusting your comments. You shout your opinion as gospel, as fact and no other opinion is relevant that differs from yours. How many times have you cited a source to backup your opinions stated as facts? When have you taken the time to research an opinion of yours to find factual proof to support your intuition?

I know what I do not know. You slack that department. :)

That's not to say I don't enjoy your comments, because I do. I just don't put much trust into them being factually accurate, lol.

Well to quote Digs, Zero you wouldn't know a pigskin from a foreskin. So I'm suppose to bow down to your research? Screw that! I wasn't wrong on DD because I watched his decline to eventual suckage that we paid close to $2 million for this year. Yet everyone told me how wrong I was. We cut him two years too late - FACT, only you heard from me a long time ago. What else you have little boy? [grin1]
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Well to quote Digs, Zero you wouldn't know a pigskin from a foreskin. So I'm suppose to bow down to your research? Screw that! I wasn't wrong on DD because I watched his decline to eventual suckage that we paid close to $2 million for this year. Yet everyone told me how wrong I was. We cut him two years too late - FACT, only you heard from me a long time ago. What else you have little boy? [grin1]

lol I never want anyone to bow to me, or my research, son. Who's talking about Donald Driver? Why do you keep beating that drum when you're the only one talking about him in a Greg Jennings thread? lol ... senile bastid! 😛 What you got on Greg Jennings, anything, huh? Yea....
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

lol I never want anyone to bow to me, or my research, son. Who's talking about Donald Driver? Why do you keep beating that drum when you're the only one talking about him in a Greg Jennings thread? lol ... senile bastid! 😛 What you got on Greg Jennings, anything, huh? Yea....

I've already told you, but since you dismiss anything without research... [grin1]

We should make an effort to sign Greg to a three year deal. If he balks, then let him walk. Since you already flip flopped - your research and opinion have the credibility of Romney. I think we'll be seeing Nelson and Jones outside and Cobb and a rookie in the slot. Greg's toast. Fact. 😳
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
11 years ago
We have to husband our resources to pay Aaron Rodgers.

Zero2Cool
11 years ago

I've already told you, but since you dismiss anything without research... [grin1]

We should make an effort to sign Greg to a three year deal. If he balks, then let him walk. Since you already flip flopped - your research and opinion have the credibility of Romney. I think we'll be seeing Nelson and Jones outside and Cobb and a rookie in the slot. Greg's toast. Fact. 😳

Let me get this straight. If I ignorantly ignore further information about a subject, I'm a stubborn unreasonable ass. However, if I am reasonable and re-evaluate a theory after more information has been introduced, I'm a flip-flopper with no credibility? It's like communicating with a woman! Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't!!

I'd like to see him here, if he wanted to be here. After reading his comments and listening to some of his recent interviews, I think mentally he's closed the door on the Packers chapter of his career and wants to move on.

I could see Jordy Nelson and James Jones starting, with Randall Cobb playing slot.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (23h) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
53m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.