play2win
11 years ago
How about:

Draft: RB Eddie Lacy - Alabama

FA: NT Alan Branch - SEA

I would not mind if the Packers landed one of the most punishing RBs in the draft, and used him frequently. That would make for a huge difference in the way we run our offense. Woah man. Lacy added to our offense to take the heat off of Rodgers, and open up the passing game would be awesome. A change in philosophy along with a change in capability regarding the running game would go a long way to improving our team overall.

Can you imagine what it would be like to draft a kid who turns out to be one of the top RBs in the NFL, with Rodgers & Co firing off in a balanced run/pass assault? I'm not saying drafting Lacy would insure that, but if it happened... wow. I'd love to see it. Drafting a supreme RB talent that high might force the change in focus of our play calling, which I think we desperately need. Keep Rodgers healthy, and our own defense fresh, with an offensive game plan that puts opposing defenses on their heels by making them play honest.

Offseason. Dreaming. I doubt it would be the way Ted would go, but a guy can dream... I really want to see Green Bay pound the F out of other teams. Make toughness a mantra.
Pack93z
11 years ago
Me... I would rather target Montee Ball post 1st round and address a trench player in the first. Offensive or Defensive line or if an edge pass rusher is available.. take him.

Montee Ball is more a back that fits in GB than Lacy.. he needs to be a offense that is going to pound the rock with a priority. My opinion is the Packers should be a 60/40 pass to run ratio with the back also being active in the passing game.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I've been reading that this draft is more solid with OL and DL and LB than anything else. I think that is good, since those are three positions the Packers need to shore up.

Draft (since we're assuming regardless that the player will be a blue chip) - ILB

Free Agent - Osi Umenyiora

I changed from Safety to ILB because I think the ILB will make the current Safety better. Also, Osi Umenyiora will make the defensive backs better too.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago

I've been reading that this draft is more solid with OL and DL and LB than anything else. I think that is good, since those are three positions the Packers need to shore up.

Draft (since we're assuming regardless that the player will be a blue chip) - ILB

Free Agent - Osi Umenyiora

I changed from Safety to ILB because I think the ILB will make the current Safety better. Also, Osi Umenyiora will make the defensive backs better too.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Burnett's coming along.

McMillian was pretty raw when he came out, but I think he's just gonna keep getting better. Darren Perry is a great coach, and McMillian's got all the physical tools.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
JustJeff
11 years ago
Draft (since we're assuming regardless that the player will be a blue chip) - I'm wishing for the same thing I have wanted since Dominic took over the defense, a five-tech. Give me that 6' 5" guy with crazy long arms, who can play with good lean for rushing the passer but is good with his hands and keeping guys off of him to defend the run. Ziggy Ansah and Margus Hunt - both very raw - look the part, but this is fantasy and a guaranteed blue chip, so let the board find that guy.

Pro - not exactly a free agent, but availble - give me Darrelle Revis.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Two players, no cap considerations, fantasy selections.

Player 1: The draft

We'll assume that regardless of the position, the Packers get a blue chipper with their 26th overall selection in the 2013 draft. Essentially, you're choosing the position the Packers need the most that will make them Super Bowl contenders.

Player 2: Choose from the list of free agents as well.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42077/309/nfl-free-agent-master-list-13 

I'll go with drafting a Safety in the first round because I think a blue chip Safety would make the Packers defense damn near elite with my free agent pickup Osi Umenyiora.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Looks like the Packers drafted the "Osi" and have the Safety on board already ...
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
10 years ago

How about:

Draft: RB Eddie Lacy - Alabama

FA: NT Alan Branch - SEA

I would not mind if the Packers landed one of the most punishing RBs in the draft, and used him frequently. That would make for a huge difference in the way we run our offense. Woah man. Lacy added to our offense to take the heat off of Rodgers, and open up the passing game would be awesome. A change in philosophy along with a change in capability regarding the running game would go a long way to improving our team overall.

Can you imagine what it would be like to draft a kid who turns out to be one of the top RBs in the NFL, with Rodgers & Co firing off in a balanced run/pass assault? I'm not saying drafting Lacy would insure that, but if it happened... wow. I'd love to see it. Drafting a supreme RB talent that high might force the change in focus of our play calling, which I think we desperately need. Keep Rodgers healthy, and our own defense fresh, with an offensive game plan that puts opposing defenses on their heels by making them play honest.

Offseason. Dreaming. I doubt it would be the way Ted would go, but a guy can dream... I really want to see Green Bay pound the F out of other teams. Make toughness a mantra.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Well we got Lacy x2 (throw Franklin in with him) and we drafted what should hopefully be the defensive line help you wanted in Datone. Your dream wasn't far off what actually happened.

Born and bred a cheesehead
play2win
10 years ago

Well we got Lacy x2 (throw Franklin in with him) and we drafted what should hopefully be the defensive line help you wanted in Datone. Your dream wasn't far off what actually happened.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME!!!!

😆 =d> =d> =d> =d>

I really like what Ted Thompson did this draft. We will be a much different, and better team as a result. Can't wait to see these players in action this season.

Just caught this bit from McCarthy and Alex Van Pelt:

"Asked if Lacy and Franklin will alter the way the offense functions – read: will McCarthy call more running plays – the coach was good-naturedly non-committal.

“Hey, if we’re running it good a certain way, we’re running more often that particular way, that’s something we’ve never shied away from in our offense. We get into a lot of different personnel groups, obviously formation utilization is something we’ve always done. We’ve made some scheme adjustments that we’ve (provided), visiting with our players the last two weeks. We have already started that process. Lacy, frankly will fit into some of these changes we’ve made. We’ll see how it goes through the off-season and training camp. I’m excited about it.”

But considering the steady diet of Cover-2 defenses Rodgers and the Packers’ pass-oriented offense saw last season, finding a running back – whoever it is – who’ll command defenses’ respect will make a significant difference.

“If we can get that balance and get the running game going and open up the passing game, which we hope it will, that’s obviously a key to success,” said running backs coach Alex Van Pelt, a former quarterback whose time with McCarthy dates back to their time together at the University of Pittsburgh. “You always want to run well, obviously. We haven’t been satisfied, at least last year watching the evaluation. We needed to get better in that area – whether it be scheme, technique, players, adjust and adapt what we do. We had to improve in the run game, and that was addressed.”
http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=7681&is_corp=1 

HUGE! I really love what Van Pelt had to say here, and I think that reflects the renewed emphasis of this staff on utilizing the run.
nerdmann
10 years ago

“Hey, if we’re running it good a certain way, we’re running more often that particular way, that’s something we’ve never shied away from in our offense.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Really? LOL

“If we can get that balance and get the running game going and open up the passing game, which we hope it will, that’s obviously a key to success,” said running backs coach Alex Van Pelt, a former quarterback whose time with McCarthy dates back to their time together at the University of Pittsburgh.

What I hear him saying is, they're not gonna force Aaron to throw short, high percentage passes. They're going to use the RBs to bring the safeties up instead, so Aaron can keep throwing deep.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

Really? LOL

What I hear him saying is, they're not gonna force Aaron to throw short, high percentage passes. They're going to use the RBs to bring the safeties up instead, so Aaron can keep throwing deep.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Our offense is predicated on the play action passing game. Well we couldn't do that well last year because lack there of a running game, yet he still put up numbers. I don't agree that Aaron throws it deep more times than short. Many of his TDs where short passing game and in the redzone. He's the best QB in the redzone statisticly since he started in 08'. We throw so many screens as well. There is one thing we need to get back to is the slant routes. Honestly if you can have a TD to INT ratio like that throw it where ever you want. I think he throws it all over the lot. Not just hold the ball as long as you can and throw it up and pray someone catches it.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.