texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
At this stage of the year, the thing to concentrate on is number on the 53 man roster by position, never mind exactly Who fills the spots. After reading and posting yesterday in the "Balanced QB Reps" thread, I was going down the roster to see if keeping 3 QBs was feasible, and this is what I arrived at:

3 Special Team (LS, K, P)

3 QB

4 RB

1 FB (or extra TE to primarily play FB)

6 WR

4 TE (not counting possibly 1 to play FB)

9 OL

6 DL

8 LB

9 DB (6 CB, 3 S, but a couple of the CBs crosstrained for S)

53 is a lot. We can keep more O Linemen than last year, still load up on LBs and DBs, still keep more TEs than most teams along with a decent number of WRs, and easily the top 4 RBs - all of that and still comfortably have room to keep both backup QBs.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

Things starting to happen early, Brown was 4th qb on a team which in all probability will keep 2 on the 53 and 1 on the PS.

I'm just wondering, with Jordan Rodgers being cut by Jaguars, could we see him in Green Bay
as the #4 in TC, just a thought.

Packers | Matt Brown waived
Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:15:30 -0700

The Green Bay Packers waived QB Matt Brown Tuesday, July 23.

Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: KFFL.com

http://www.kffl.com/team/17/nfl/green-bay-packers#ixzz2ZuXuIUJR 
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
very doubtful. I don't think anyone would be comfortable with little Rod in camp. Including Jordan.
UserPostedImage
brandland
10 years ago

Things starting to happen early, Brown was 4th qb on a team which in all probability will keep 2 on the 53 and 1 on the PS.

I'm just wondering, with Jordan Rodgers being cut by Jaguars, could we see him in Green Bay
as the #4 in TC, just a thought.

Packers | Matt Brown waived
Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:15:30 -0700

The Green Bay Packers waived QB Matt Brown Tuesday, July 23.

Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: KFFL.com

http://www.kffl.com/team/17/nfl/green-bay-packers#ixzz2ZuXuIUJR 

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

who knows they might put him through the packers qb school as a favor to aaron then when he is ready let him go out to another team
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
Datone Jones is signed!!!!

Will move him to my 53 man, takes one of the 9-11 spots I had open.
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
Gonna put this guy on the UDFA signing list, probably won't last through preseason, but you never know, Ted always seems to come up with a couple every year that stick.

The Green Bay Packers signed undrafted free-agent S Ryan McMahon (Sacramento State) to an undisclosed deal.

http://www.kffl.com/team/17/nfl/green-bay-packers#ixzz2a6fycTMf 
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

Added the ..Active/PUP list and the Non-Football Injury List to keep players sorted out.
beast
10 years ago

At this stage of the year, the thing to concentrate on is number on the 53 man roster by position, never mind exactly Who fills the spots. After reading and posting yesterday in the "Balanced QB Reps" thread, I was going down the roster to see if keeping 3 QBs was feasible, and this is what I arrived at:

3 Special Team (LS, K, P)

3 QB

4 RB

1 FB (or extra TE to primarily play FB)

6 WR

4 TE (not counting possibly 1 to play FB)

9 OL

6 DL

8 LB

9 DB (6 CB, 3 S, but a couple of the CBs crosstrained for S)

53 is a lot. We can keep more O Linemen than last year, still load up on LBs and DBs, still keep more TEs than most teams along with a decent number of WRs, and easily the top 4 RBs - all of that and still comfortably have room to keep both backup QBs.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

You really think they'll be going with only 23 guys on defense? That seems too low... especially since they like defenser for STs.... and they're gone with 26 some years.

Also an extra QB, RB and WR? that seems a bit much... also I think they've started every year off with at least 4 S and normally have about 10 LBers on the roster.

UserPostedImage
DoddPower
10 years ago

You really think they'll be going with only 23 guys on defense? That seems too low... especially since they like defenser for STs.... and they're gone with 26 some years.

Also an extra QB, RB and WR? that seems a bit much... also I think they've started every year off with at least 4 S and normally have about 10 LBers on the roster.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I would say 4 RB is very likely, but not 4 RB and a FB. They will probably keep the best 3 RB's and Kuhn. Even if they don't keep Kuhn, a TE will essentially take his place.
nerdmann
10 years ago
Here's my 53: 

QB:
Rodgers, Aaron
Coleman, BJ

Coleman’s not ready yet, but he’s made enough progress for them to get rid of Harrell.

RB
Green
Starks
Franklin
Lacy
Harris

Having a versatile guy like Barclay enables them to keep all 5 RBs, plus Kuhn. I think Green and Starks start out as the starters, but by the end of the season, Franklin and Lacy are making some big plays.

FB
Kuhn

Kuhn gets one more year, if he shows he can still play.

TE
Finley
Quarless
Bostick
Mulligan

PS: Stoneburner.
Stoneburner’s a developmental project. Could be a real player, but needs a year.

WR
Cobb
Jones
Nelson
Johnson
Ross

PS: Kevin Dorsey
Charles Johnson has to get on the field in order to beat out Boykin. This remains to be seen. Otherwise he ends up on the PS. Might even get snatched by another team. Ross makes it, because he is the punt returner. Otherwise he gets beat out by Dorsey, who also needs to get on the field in order to earn it.

C
EDS
Barclay

PS: Lewis

Unfortunately, because in our offense, this position requires the ability to “QB the offensive line,” we don’t have a backup who’s ready. Tretter was slated to beat out EDS, but he broke his leg on the first day of spring practices. Don’t get me started on THAT. Barclay makes the team, but Lewis has a chance to compete. He’ll probably end up on the PS if Barclay shows competence at the position.

G
Sitton
Lang
Van Roten
Barclay

I think this position is fairly clear cut. Why do they have to take Datko and try to put him inside at G? They always do this with their Ts. Wastes everyone’s time.

T
Bulaga
Newhouse
Bakthiari
Datko
Barclay

Barclay’s not really in the race to start at this position. He’s showing his value by being versatile, but he really belongs inside. Datko also has to show he can stay healthy. Sherrod and Tretter will be PUP’d.

DEFENSE

NT
Pickett
Raji
Pena

PS: Boyd
Of course Raji and Pena will play out of position most of the time. Boyd gets PS’d, but I think he can play.

DE
Jones
Neal
Jolly
Daniels

CJ Wilson can make the team if there’s an injury. For example, if Neal ends up being out indefinitely. Jerel Worthy gets PUP’d.

ILB
Hawk
Jones
Manning
Barrington

Only one guy here who can cover.

OLB
Matthews
Perry
Moses
Palmer

Palmer needs to show he can play.

CB
Williams
Shields
Hawyard
House
Hyde

PS: Nixon
There’s some real depth here.

S
Burnett
McMillian
Jennings
Bush

Stick a fork in Richardson. This staff won’t get near a neck injury. I still wouldn’t mind seeing them move Hyde or House to this position.

ST
Crosby
Goode
Masthay

Tevechio will make more kicks than Crosby, but they’ll keep Crosby anyway, because he has a stronger leg and can make all the technical kicks, like the squib and the onside.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”