Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline musccy  
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:00:14 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 662
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
I think Philbin may want Jennings in Miami, and by giving up a 2nd or 3rd in a tag-n-trade situation - he assures he gets Greg without having to outbid the other teams.

I like the sound of it...I'm guessing this doesn't happen, but it'd sure be nice to get something in return.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 2/24/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:23:19 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,442
Applause Received: 1,707
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
I think Philbin may want Jennings in Miami, and by giving up a 2nd or 3rd in a tag-n-trade situation - he assures he gets Greg without having to outbid the other teams.

won't happen. They could pay a Greg a couple of million more per year than another team to get him and keep the draft pick.

If I was GB I would do the deal. If I was Miami here is really nothing to gain. They need more than one player to make that team a contender.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:30:29 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,300
Applause Received: 3,523
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
won't happen. They could pay a Greg a couple of million more per year than another team to get him and keep the draft pick.

If I was GB I would do the deal. If I was Miami here is really nothing to gain. They need more than one player to make that team a contender.

Miami has to ask themselves, will we be a contender before Greg Jennings prime is exhausted and before he's no better than a number 3 WR? I would have to think they'd answer, yes they will be a contender. Greg Jennings has probably three or four more really good years in him. Their QB could really start to light it up in year two (I do not think this) and propel them into the playoffs and we all know ... anything can happen.

If you can get a Greg Jennings on a team that has zero threat at WR for a 2 and 3, by gosh, you do it. Even better for the trading team if the picks can be spread between two seasons. 2nd round 2013, 3rd round 2014.

Jennings is a really good WR. He gets crazy separation from defenders. Watch him during games even when he doesn't get the ball. The guy gets open. In fact, Aaron Rodgers even said that Jennings is open a lot and he needed to look his way more.

I'm not saying Jennings is one of the best in the game. I'm saying he gets good separation and is good at catching the ball and good after the catch. That is ideal for a young QB to have.
Offline El3ment12  
#14 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:47:42 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 32
Applause Received: 24
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post

The dolphins are kinda screwed out of being a contender. They have to beat out Tom Brady to win the division.(not happenin)Also, if you compare Tannehill to all the great rookie qbs, he is pretty bad.
Offline wpr  
#15 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 7:05:50 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,442
Applause Received: 1,707
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Miami has to ask themselves, will we be a contender before Greg Jennings prime is exhausted and before he's no better than a number 3 WR? I would have to think they'd answer, yes they will be a contender. Greg Jennings has probably three or four more really good years in him. Their QB could really start to light it up in year two (I do not think this) and propel them into the playoffs and we all know ... anything can happen.

If you can get a Greg Jennings on a team that has zero threat at WR for a 2 and 3, by gosh, you do it. Even better for the trading team if the picks can be spread between two seasons. 2nd round 2013, 3rd round 2014.

Jennings is a really good WR. He gets crazy separation from defenders. Watch him during games even when he doesn't get the ball. The guy gets open. In fact, Aaron Rodgers even said that Jennings is open a lot and he needed to look his way more.

I'm not saying Jennings is one of the best in the game. I'm saying he gets good separation and is good at catching the ball and good after the catch. That is ideal for a young QB to have.

Greg can be all world unanimous first ballot HOF. Miami will not make a trade.
Offline Rockmolder  
#16 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 7:57:42 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Applause Given: 230
Applause Received: 363
On the whole Greg to Miami thing...

Bob McGinn:
Quote:
Things can always change, but I've been told that #Dolphins' Joe Philbin isn't a huge fan of Greg Jennings as a player. Needs a WR but ...
Offline gbguy20  
#17 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:17:05 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 415
Applause Received: 454
Uhhmm am I the only one who sees Jennings being really upset if he has to play under a 1 year deal right now? talk about costing him millions in the long run.
Offline Rockmolder  
#18 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:24:05 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Applause Given: 230
Applause Received: 363
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Uhhmm am I the only one who sees Jennings being really upset if he has to play under a 1 year deal right now? talk about costing him millions in the long run.

He might be, as he's not getting any younger, but his last two seasons haven't really helped his contract situation, either.

It'd be a chance to prove that he's still that 1,200 yard receiver and maybe get even more in FA... Or don't do a thing and lose even more money.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:24:29 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,300
Applause Received: 3,523

It could work out in his favor if he plays all 16 games and nets over 1,000 yards, 10+ TD's and 80+ catches. Teams would be lining up for a player like that, far more than his current stats.
Offline play2win  
#20 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:57:34 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

No. I believe that would be the case too. I think Jennings has an inflated sense of his own worth in the FA market, and I really question the idea of hitting him with the tag. Not to mention, what would our return really be with a player who might feel like he's underpaid? At $10M+??? Wow.

I'm thinking we should stay away, unfortunately. I like Jennings a lot and he is a good fit in GB, at least he was. His posturing during all of last season was evident, and it seems foolish to try to bring a player back after that. $10M+ can go a very long way towards shoring up some other areas of our team. That is a big price tag, just for the tag amount, and he wants way more. Matthews and Rodgers will be astronomical cap figures.

Tagging Jennings makes no sense to me unless it is sign and trade. I don't see the value in keeping a potentially disgruntled player for a near max contract, especially with all the positions we still need to address on this Packers team.
Rss Feed