Greg C.
15 years ago

bump him as hard as possible right off the line ( no matter where he lines up) and give Al or whom ever some help over the top

"longtimefan" wrote:

I agree. But for whatever reason, last year they played a lot of zone. Also, the Cowboys avoided the bump by putting Owens in motion. I hope that having Woodson available this time will make a difference. When he goes in motion, let Woodson cover him. Call me crazy, but I do believe that Charles Woodson is a better corner than Jarrett Bush.
blank
schroeder84
15 years ago
The other schroeder in this house says "Break his legs". And Tony Romo's arm.

Srsly, I suspect he will beat us badly at least once, but if we can keep it down to that with pressure on Romo and great coverage most of the time, there is a chance to minimize the damage. I don't see how you can entirely stop that kind of offensive setup.

We are going to be watching tonight's game with great interest to see what Philly can do or not do.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Hey, not Romo's arm, he's on my fantasy team lol
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
The best way to contain TO is to have him standing on the sidelines.

What is Ryan Grants status?

He needs to get healthy and The packers need to pound the ball on the ground and shorten the game.

Control the clock, win the turnover battle and you are two-thirds of the way to a victory.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Mortfini
15 years ago
Its allright zero ill trade u somthing nice from my roster Im fastly becoming the lions of the fantasy leauge
UserPostedImage
mkapp
15 years ago
pay too much attention to TO and Crayton/Witten will burn us over the middle. its going to be interesting to watch Dallas tonight and do some scouting.
UserPostedImage
pack_in_black
15 years ago
Blitz, blitz, blitz. That's my only guess. If they burn us deep, fine. We obviously have an offense that can keep up with, if not outpace them. Get pressure in Tony's face, and let Al & Chuck take it from there.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to Pack93z for the sig!
gbpfan
15 years ago
with kgb back and hawk pickett jolly they all should be able to put pressure on romo the thing with romo is once out of the pocket if he still has time he will throw it but with woodson in back witten can be a beast back there not too worried about barber he is a beast but if they can sto ap they should be able to stop him and that is key they need to stop the run cowboys cant win just on passing game
yooperfan
15 years ago

bump him as hard as possible right off the line ( no matter where he lines up) and give Al or whom ever some help over the top

"Greg C." wrote:

I agree. But for whatever reason, last year they played a lot of zone. Also, the Cowboys avoided the bump by putting Owens in motion. I hope that having Woodson available this time will make a difference. When he goes in motion, let Woodson cover him. Call me crazy, but I do believe that Charles Woodson is a better corner than Jarrett Bush.

"longtimefan" wrote:

OK Greg you are crazy!
Now I think the only way to stop T.O. is to shoot him dead.
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago
Packers should employ cloud coverage, that is to say have S help over Al. Let Al be as aggressive as he wants in terms of getting a jam on TO.

Rouse would be my idea S over Al, but I don't want him if he isn't healed from his injury he suffered in practice Friday. We need a fully healthy S, one who can run full speed and be athletic. If Rouse can't go, put in Collins. This will be the day we absolutely need Collins to step up (assuming he is the one covering Al's back).

As for Woodson, I'm unsure on what his presence can do to actually help Al cover TO. Last year's game, TO lined up on the outside a lot and then motioned and lined up as the 2nd slot receiver. Put simply: Al don't do Nickle (CB). That's why Al struggled so much, he was asked to play a role he doesn't play.

The problem is that if you have Woodson covering a guy in the slot next to Al, and TO goes in motion... even if you shift Woodson to TO, Al will be in the position of a Nickel CB. Still, I think I'd rather have Al covering someone like Crayton/Austin as opposed to TO if being asked to essentially play like a Nickel CB.

In my ideal world C-Wood would get most of the snaps covering TO, but I'd be hesitant to put Charles in a position like that with a broken toe that will affect his ability to cut and might limit his aggressiveness playing the ball in the air. Hence I'll say if TO goes in motion, find a way to allow Woodson to switch with Al (line them up both on the same side). Otherwise, employ cloud coverage and tell Al to do whatever he can to get a good jam on TO.

That, and blitz like no tomorrow. Get to Romo so he has to release the ball early. Also, we need to solidify the middle of the field, whoever draws Witten has to read Witten's body language and try to get his hands up or something when Witten is getting ready to catch. I'm thinking Hawk will get this assignment, so he has to be prepared to run step for step with Witten. I think he's up to it.

Finally, we HAVE to have the DTs stay in their lanes. Our LBs (blitzing or not) have to meet Barber and hit him hard. Chillar/Popp/Barnett have to be up to the task of trying to stop a hard-hitting RB. Hopefully experiences with Jacobs last year taught them a thing or two.

That's my two cents anyways. I'm honestly expecting Dallas to get their points, I just hope the Packers can go blow for blow with them in scoring.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (7h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (23h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (23h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (23h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.