Porforis
11 years ago

Peterson is going to help Jennings? When was the last time an elite running back won the Superbowl?

Originally Posted by: El3ment12 

What does winning super bowls on the back of a running back have to do with the best RB in the league helping his WRs?
Yerko
11 years ago

Peterson is going to help Jennings? When was the last time an elite running back won the Superbowl?

Originally Posted by: El3ment12 

I'm not sure if you are just being super sarcastic or serious but the comment Jennings made about having the Adrian Peterson factor is that teams will always be stacked in the box to defend the running attack set by AP. This will then open up a lot of options for the passing game, thus making Jennings stats inflate.

I feel like I didn't need to explain that...but there it is. [palm]
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago
Jennings is a great talent to pair with AP. No question. This was a total dollars & sense issue. The Packers had too much sense to give him the kind of contract MIN could afford. The Vikings got a great player. We couldn't afford that great player, yet, we remain far deeper at WR than the Vikings.
sschind
11 years ago

In other words ... I have a ring, now I need the stats so I can get into the Hall of Fame.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Maybe, maybe not but even if it is so who cares. We don't seem to have a problem with a 10 year veteran going to a contender to get a ring why should it matter if a guy with a ring goes somewhere for stats and money. Did we hate Reggie for leaving his team for ours? Did with think Woodson was disloyal for leaving the Raiders to come to the Packers? Of course not. Why is it perfectly fine for players to want to come here but players who want to leave here are considered selfish.

With the Packers he would have been part of a group of very talented wide receivers. With the vikings he will be the talented wide receiver. If the vikings succeed (playoffs or, God forbid, the Superbowl) Jennings will likely be a major contributor. If the Packers succeed he may have been a major contributor or he may have been just another cog in the wheel.

I guess you could argue that this proves all he is interested in is himself but again, so what. He is still going to be a part of a team, he is just going to be a more important part of the team. We lost Flynn last season because he thought he was going to get a chance to be a starter. Were you upset with him as well? was he only in it for himself? Should he have stayed here in Green Bay and been part of the team or was it OK for him to want to be a bigger part of a different team. Its the same thing.

sschind
11 years ago

He's sure to get 2000 yards a year and 15 TDs tossed to him from Christian "The Rocket" Ponder

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

No, but I'm guessing he will end up with better stats than he would have if he stayed in Green Bay.

El3ment12
11 years ago

I'm not sure if you are just being super sarcastic or serious but the comment Jennings made about having the Adrian Peterson factor is that teams will always be stacked in the box to defend the running attack set by AP. This will then open up a lot of options for the passing game, thus making Jennings stats inflate.

I feel like I didn't need to explain that...but there it is. [palm]

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

Yeah and who is throwing him the ball. Don't matter if the box is stacked if you have a bad quarterback. If Peyton manning or Rodgers had AP...different story. Chances are AP doesn't have another season like he did anyway.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Maybe, maybe not but even if it is so who cares. We don't seem to have a problem with a 10 year veteran going to a contender to get a ring why should it matter if a guy with a ring goes somewhere for stats and money. Did we hate Reggie for leaving his team for ours? Did with think Woodson was disloyal for leaving the Raiders to come to the Packers? Of course not. Why is it perfectly fine for players to want to come here but players who want to leave here are considered selfish.

With the Packers he would have been part of a group of very talented wide receivers. With the vikings he will be the talented wide receiver. If the vikings succeed (playoffs or, God forbid, the Superbowl) Jennings will likely be a major contributor. If the Packers succeed he may have been a major contributor or he may have been just another cog in the wheel.

I guess you could argue that this proves all he is interested in is himself but again, so what. He is still going to be a part of a team, he is just going to be a more important part of the team. We lost Flynn last season because he thought he was going to get a chance to be a starter. Were you upset with him as well? was he only in it for himself? Should he have stayed here in Green Bay and been part of the team or was it OK for him to want to be a bigger part of a different team. Its the same thing.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

As I have said numerous times, I hold no ill feelings for Greg Jennings going to the Vikings. As I have said numerous times, he got his ring, why not get paid now? You're barking at the wrong person here because I couldn't careless what team he went to. The Brett Favre situation desensitized myself on giving a poop. I care about the 53 on the team. 🙂
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
I think Jennings will have a tough time in with the Queens. He will probably be double teamed the whole game. He has trouble beating double teams and they don't have anyone else that's a threat, unless they get fortunate in the draft. That's entirely possible because of their position. But they still have Ponder throwing, who I think can be a good QB but nothing close to Aaron. It is a good signing because it is obviously a position of need, however I don't see it as a cure all.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
sschind
11 years ago

As I have said numerous times, I hold no ill feelings for Greg Jennings going to the Vikings. As I have said numerous times, he got his ring, why not get paid now? You're barking at the wrong person here because I couldn't careless what team he went to. The Brett Favre situation desensitized myself on giving a poop. I care about the 53 on the team. :)

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

That's possible, I'm still trying to figure out who is who on this forum. I guess when I see someone saying he is only in it for himself it makes me think that they are taking that as a negative thing. My apologies if I misread anything.

I agree 100% about the 53 men on the team. Once a player leaves I have no interest in them either.
DoddPower
11 years ago
Everyone wants to feel wanted in their jobs/careers. The Packers may have extended an offer to Jennings, but I believe Jennings stated the Vikings REALLY made him feel wanted. I can relate to this. I just moved across the country (NC to CA) for a new job because the new company made it VERY obvious they really wanted me. Even if the location isn't ideal to the individual, feeling wanted and as an indispensable entity in the organization is very important. I wouldn't be surprised if Ted Thompson's approach is more reserved in dealing with some players in terms of stroking their ego. I could see him acting like "Well, we'd like to have you back, but here's what we're willing to pay you. If that's not good enough for you, I understand and wish you luck. Talk to you later."

I don't blame Jennings for going to the Vikings, especially since I don't know all the facts and what went on behind closed doors. Teams can turn around quickly, anyway. For all we know, the Vikings could have the next Aaron Rodgers/Andrew Luck/Russell Wilson in a year or two and be a completely different football team, perhaps even a contender. Take the best situation, and see what happens.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.