Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dfosterf  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 6:24:07 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 435

Dom Capers on his job status to Mike:

If you bastards could keep us off the field awhile maybe we would be better on defense

This line continues to suck. We have zip squat in the running game, our QB runs for his life, gets blamed for trying to make a play, etc.

IT SUCKS! Wade & I have been trying to tell you for years that it sucks- many get that part- but you don't realize how important it is, imo

http://www.packers.com/t...3-434b-8aa0-e6b67c649639 why is he still a coach?

We'd have won more superbowls if it did not, imo
We cannot aspire to greatness without an outstanding
offensive line.

This line sucks. Do you get how important this is?

Ted don't get 'em in FA (Saturday, lol) so he drafts 'em...

SF49ers did it effortlessly.

NOW anyone figuring out why I'm hatin' on Ted a little, lol?

WE NEED AN OFFENSIVE LINE THAT MATTERS. Get it? AHHHHHHHHH! Howlin' at the moon, yet again, lol

Message modified by user Monday, April 1, 2013 6:59:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Sponsor
Offline Laser Gunns  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 7:25:40 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 44
Applause Received: 263

Line is not as big of problem as they are made out to be, 2 solid guards and a RT is pretty good. Saturday was a bust, no doubt. And Newhouse is not exactly tony moll, or Alan barbre.

Incompetent RBs, and McCarthy's play calling, are what is killing us.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline dfosterf  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 7:39:14 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 435

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
Line is not as big of problem as they are made out to be, 2 solid guards and a RT is pretty good. Saturday was a bust, no doubt. And Newhouse is not exactly tony moll, or Alan barbre.

Incompetent RBs, and McCarthy's play calling, are what is killing us.

Show me the hole that the incompetent backs should have ran through the last 4 years. I submit that there has been no hole. Mike McCarthy is pulling a Dick Cheney. He will re-invent the friggin' hole he says he has, and he don't even have that.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:07:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,987
Applause Received: 2,283

lol dfosterf saying he read your stuff ... dude can't read ... hilarious April Fool's joke!!
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:07:32 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Our OL play has been at the very least suspect over the last few years. Especially last year. I believe it has WAY more to do with a poor C in Saturday and a HC who treats the running game as secondary in importance.

Make the run a more important part of your offense, just even out the pass/run ATT and even WITH Saturday we would have shown better. I think this is more on the coaching than anything. EDS to C or a new C altogether will be a huge improvement.

Really though, our greatest problem here is McCarthy.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
macbob on 4/3/2013(UTC)
Offline Laser Gunns  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:55:24 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 44
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Show me the hole that the incompetent backs should have ran through the last 4 years. I submit that there has been no hole. Mike McCarthy is pulling a Dick Cheney. He will re-invent the friggin' hole he says he has, and he don't even have that.

Because finding 1 hole will prove me right?

Too easy. We have all seen the ignored cutback lanes. Do we have a mauler line? No. But there are plenty of oppourtunies that are left on the field.

Ryan Grant, Deshawn Wynn, Brandon Jackson, old Ahman Green, vernand Morency, James Starks, Alex Green, Cedric Benson.

Good list huh? There are the guys who (off the top of my head) we have started since 07.

How many of there guys are even on an NFL roster right now? I believe Jackson has had 1 lost season to IR, and not much else.

GB has devalued the RB position to the point where they believe that they can have sucsess by plugging in anybody they can put a uniform on. Which is not the case.
With the WR core losing depth, and the Oline being banged up, and our D full of holes, I'd like to see our picks spent elsewhere but at some point if we want to have a respectable running game we will need to invest in that position.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 12:33:44 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,783
Applause Received: 674

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
Because finding 1 hole will prove me right?

Too easy. We have all seen the ignored cutback lanes. Do we have a mauler line? No. But there are plenty of oppourtunies that are left on the field.

Ryan Grant, Deshawn Wynn, Brandon Jackson, old Ahman Green, vernand Morency, James Starks, Alex Green, Cedric Benson.

Good list huh? There are the guys who (off the top of my head) we have started since 07.

How many of there guys are even on an NFL roster right now? I believe Jackson has had 1 lost season to IR, and not much else.

GB has devalued the RB position to the point where they believe that they can have sucsess by plugging in anybody they can put a uniform on. Which is not the case.
With the WR core losing depth, and the Oline being banged up, and our D full of holes, I'd like to see our picks spent elsewhere but at some point if we want to have a respectable running game we will need to invest in that position.

Cedric Benson seemed like he was getting what was there every time. Starks was pretty good too. He could get to the corner.

As for Green, I thought he was learning to be patient playing off his blockers and to take what was there. My impression was that he learned alot from CedBen. Earlier in the season it seemed like he was trying to hit a home run on every play. He could still develop.

Starks too. He's a tall back, so he needs to run lower behind his pads in order to stay healthy.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Wade  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 7:57:56 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 692

Newhouse: Improving. But average. Potential for ...??
Lang: Plateaued. Daryn Colledge II. Average.
Dietrich-Smith: Plateaued. Jason Spitz II. Average.
Sitton: All pro.
Bulaga: Improving. But average. Potential there.

Backups:
Barclay: Improving. Below average with some potential.
Sherrod: Who knows?
Datko: Who knows? Just a guy at this point.
Van Roten: Who knows? Just a guy at this point.
Hughes: Who? Who knows?
Gerhart: Who? Who knows?

Have I missed someone?

This is good enough?????

Seriously????

You need more than average + potential in your starters. Average is for back-ups.

Everyone raves about Thompson in the draft. To me, there are three parts to Thompson in the draft:

Skill positions: A. Above average as a GM. Well above average, even.
Defensive front 7: B-. Average as a GM. Some home runs (Matthews), some potential-but-inconsistent (Raji), some not-bad, not-great (Hawk), some guys that are just guys.
Offensive line: C-. Below average as a GM. One ginormous home-run (Sitton).

If you look at just at what he's done at WR and QB, Thompson is Stan Musial. If you look just at what he's done at OL, he's Dave Kingman.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:03:59 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Packers haven't been back to the Super Bowl since Daryn Colledge was mistakenly not re-signed. Ted Thompson, my glare is aimed in your direction!
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 4/3/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:19:35 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 685
Applause Received: 1,401

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post

This line sucks. Do you get how important this is?

Ted don't get 'em in FA (Saturday, lol) so he drafts 'em...

SF49ers did it effortlessly.

NOW anyone figuring out why I'm hatin' on Ted a little, lol?

WE NEED AN OFFENSIVE LINE THAT MATTERS. Get it? AHHHHHHHHH! Howlin' at the moon, yet again, lol

Socrates, didn't San Francisco get most of their line with top 15 draft picks - if they did this effortlessly, then must have been dog shit for a long time. Your comparison is horrible but I agree with what you said. We've taken Bulaga and Sherrod with first rounders recently - it's unfair to say Ted Thompson isn't trying. I would like to see an interior O-lineman taken with a top pick preferable at center and who is very intelligent.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
QCHuskerFan on 4/3/2013(UTC), Rockmolder on 4/3/2013(UTC)
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:30:32 AM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Applause Given: 108
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Packers haven't been back to the Super Bowl since Daryn Colledge was mistakenly not re-signed. Ted Thompson, my glare is aimed in your direction!

Made me laugh!!!!! Laughing
Offline Pack93z  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:00:20 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

You really must miss seeing Mrs. Colledge at the YMCA.. UserPostedImage
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:32:11 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 692

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Socrates, didn't San Francisco get most of their line with top 15 draft picks - if they did this effortlessly, then must have been dog shit for a long time. Your comparison is horrible but I agree with what you said. We've taken Bulaga and Sherrod with first rounders recently - it's unfair to say Ted Thompson isn't trying. I would like to see an interior O-lineman taken with a top pick preferable at center and who is very intelligent.

Trying isn't enough.

If you're going to have a personnel strategy that emphasizes draft to the extent that Ted's does you have to remember Mr. Miyagi:

"Try? There is no "try". Do. Or do not."

And Ted hasn't done the do.

Daryn Colledge was a 2nd round pick, too. But outside of of our fearless PH leader, whose affair with Mrs. Colledge must be on again, does anyone really think this was a winning pick?

Ted has drafted a lot of OL over his GB years. He's had one, count 'em, one, unquestionable success (Sitton). Bulaga and Sherrod have shown they have the potential....but so, ahem, did Colledge, Spitz, and Moll.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:46:32 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Ted has drafted a lot of OL over his GB years. He's had one, count 'em, one, unquestionable success (Sitton). Bulaga and Sherrod have shown they have the potential....but so, ahem, did Colledge, Spitz, and Moll.

Ted Thompson has completed "Do".
OL Coach has completed "Do Not".

If you give someone 12 guns and they miss the target 20 yards away, you going to continue giving more guns or get someone who knows how to aim them better?

UserPostedImage
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:08:31 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Applause Given: 108
Applause Received: 173

Ted Thompson has completed "Do".
OL Coach has completed "Do Not".

If you give someone 12 guns and they miss the target 20 yards away, you going to continue giving more guns or get someone who knows how to aim them better?

Isn't the real answer bigger magazines?
Rss Feed