dhazer
15 years ago
Thats what i was talking about sure seems like people can't keep to the thread was what my post was about. As far as longtime i see you like to just argue with me but oh well. The reason i was laughing was because all the people complaining about him in chat were also the ones saying before that, that he was the next best thing since sliced bread.

Lets just get back to Brett giving his opinion.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

Thats what i was talking about sure seems like people can't keep to the thread was what my post was about. As far as longtime i see you like to just argue with me but oh well. The reason i was laughing was because all the people complaining about him in chat were also the ones saying before that, that he was the next best thing since sliced bread.

Lets just get back to Brett giving his opinion.

"dhazer" wrote:

Okay we argue cuz we disagree...

What a shocker eh?

Now, to back up your claim..

Show me these people that say

Rodgers the MVP of the league already and the Super Bowl MVP.

I will be here waiting..

Also

Could it be those people that are EXCITED he is doing well is because it is shutting up those who disrespected him before he even had a chance to prove himself?

Furthermore..

You know FULL well if one of those 2 past games was just horrible for him, you and all your buddies would be spouting off how he sucks..

But yeah its only one game ya know
rkoRKOrko
15 years ago
They had an interview with Favre on SportsCenter just before, and they asked what he thought about the Packers playing so well without him, and he replied with something to the effect of, "it's only been 2 games, after they've played 16 games you can talk to me." that was the last question of the interview and that was the only one I saw, but just wondering if anyone else saw this.

From the tone of his voice he still seemed kind of bitter, maybe I'm reading too much into it.
blank
Cheesey
15 years ago

They had an interview with Favre on SportsCenter just before, and they asked what he thought about the Packers playing so well without him, and he replied with something to the effect of, "it's only been 2 games, after they've played 16 games you can talk to me." that was the last question of the interview and that was the only one I saw, but just wondering if anyone else saw this.

From the tone of his voice he still seemed kind of bitter, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

"rkoRKOrko" wrote:

Makes me wonder if one of the people here is actually BF.
Seems he might be HOPING for a Packers collapse.......hmmm....sound like someone here????
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
15 years ago
I wish Ted Thompson would have traded that 4th rd choice for Moss, I believe it cost us the SB. I wish Ted Thompson would have traded our #1 choice for Clevland's number 2 last year and 1 this year, and I'm surprised he didn't since he values draft choices so much. I wish Brett was still here.

He didn't, he didn't and he's not. It's over. Life goes on.

Hopefully A-Rod becomes a great QB and we win some more Super Bowls.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Trippster
15 years ago

I never wrote that he would. Brett is special.

Of course there are records Chico will never break. I do not think Chico has a chance of ending up with the NFL record for most career Interceptions . It is also probable he will not break the record for most completions or T.D.'s

More Superbowl Rings then Brett? I would say yes he will accomplish that, and when it is all done and over with, that is all that really matters to most players that ever played the game.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I agree RP.
But just saying Rodgers will be good is "attacking" favre to some. They think that NO ONE will EVER be good here. ONLY Favre matters to them.
It's really sad, cause reality says either way that Favre would have been gone one way or another within the next one to two seasons. These people have not prepared themselves for the inevitable. They think there just CAN'T be Packer football after Favre. They forget that there WAS Packer football before him, and there will be after him.
I think they would be much more satisfied if they left here and went to a Jets forum, until Favre retires permanently. Here all they will do is complain how Rodgers will never amount to anything.....he just CAN'T!
I REALLY feel sorry for them, as they are missing out on a beautiful start to this season, and to our new QB's career.
They are so busy looking down at their shoes that they are missing the fireworks!

"RaiderPride" wrote:

It was stated that Rodgers is better than Favre right now. Hard to compare, nor does it make any difference.

Rodgers played the two worst passing defenses from a year ago. While I am impressed so far with what he has done, I still would not put him in the catagory of Favre. Simply for what Favre knows about the game and what Rodgers does not. There is not enough of a difference between them physically for Rodgers to make up for that.

Rodgers has put up better numbers. That in itself does not make one better than the other.

I am real interested in seeing how he does for 4 full quarters against the Cowboys. Not a great defense, but one of the better ones. I think and hope he plays well. We need him to.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I think the over riding factor is... who gives a damn? Brett says he's happy. Aaron says he's happy. Why can't WE be happy for them and move on?

I didn't read all this thread so that may be completely out of line and off base. But hell, wouldn't be the first time I did that 🙂
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

I think the over riding factor is... who gives a damn? Brett says he's happy. Aaron says he's happy. Why can't WE be happy for them and move on?

I didn't read all this thread so that may be completely out of line and off base. But hell, wouldn't be the first time I did that :)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Applause.

It's a good question, isn't it? As I've said to many of my friends, this is honestly a great outcome for Green Bay and Brett. Without re-hashing what has to this point been hashed to the point where it's burned beyond recognition, the bottom line is that Brett's in NYC now and he's enjoying himself.

Also, if he does get that team into the playoffs, he's going to see first-hand how different success in the heartland s from success in NYC. And, again assuming he puts the Jets on his back and carries them to a successful season (which I should say I think he's plenty capable of doing), I have to think that would propel him past "one of the best QBs ever" to "THE best QB ever". Not too shabby.

So he's doing well, and the Packers are doing well.

What's the issue?

I don't get it.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago
You know what would have been cool for BF ? If he would have stayed retired, and when Tom Brady went down, he would have tried out for the Pats, of course passed the physical with flying colors, and would be throwing to Randy Moss. That's what he wanted, right?

Imagine BF behind that OL with Randy Moss and Wes Welker as his #1 and #2 WRs, and Kevin Faulk as his emergency guy.

I watched both Jets games, and the Jets are pretty bad. Being a huge BF fan, I'm kind of bummed he's there. They're really bad.

It would be amazing if he could take the Jets to 8-8 or 9-7. Would go to show he's still a top tier QB, as I said he was in the offseason. Keep in mind, they were 4-12 last year. Had he been on the Pats, good chance we'd be facing them in the SB this year.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
15 years ago

I never wrote that he would. Brett is special.

Of course there are records Chico will never break. I do not think Chico has a chance of ending up with the NFL record for most career Interceptions . It is also probable he will not break the record for most completions or T.D.'s

More Superbowl Rings then Brett? I would say yes he will accomplish that, and when it is all done and over with, that is all that really matters to most players that ever played the game.

"Trippster" wrote:

I agree RP.
But just saying Rodgers will be good is "attacking" favre to some. They think that NO ONE will EVER be good here. ONLY Favre matters to them.
It's really sad, cause reality says either way that Favre would have been gone one way or another within the next one to two seasons. These people have not prepared themselves for the inevitable. They think there just CAN'T be Packer football after Favre. They forget that there WAS Packer football before him, and there will be after him.
I think they would be much more satisfied if they left here and went to a Jets forum, until Favre retires permanently. Here all they will do is complain how Rodgers will never amount to anything.....he just CAN'T!
I REALLY feel sorry for them, as they are missing out on a beautiful start to this season, and to our new QB's career.
They are so busy looking down at their shoes that they are missing the fireworks!

"Cheesey" wrote:

It was stated that Rodgers is better than Favre right now. Hard to compare, nor does it make any difference.

Rodgers played the two worst passing defenses from a year ago. While I am impressed so far with what he has done, I still would not put him in the catagory of Favre. Simply for what Favre knows about the game and what Rodgers does not. There is not enough of a difference between them physically for Rodgers to make up for that.

Rodgers has put up better numbers. That in itself does not make one better than the other.

I am real interested in seeing how he does for 4 full quarters against the Cowboys. Not a great defense, but one of the better ones. I think and hope he plays well. We need him to.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

I also think it's stupid to compare BF to AR. Both are totally different situations, and different times in their respective careers.
Is Aaron Rodgers as good as Favre? You know......he might just prove to be. BF is at the end of his career and is not as good as he was in his prime. Aaron Rodgers hasn't had enough time to prove whether he's going to be great, so-so, or poor. So far he has looked really good. True, he wasn't playing against the best D's in the league yet. ONLY time will prove either way. Anyone can throw out "AR will never be any good" or "AR will be better then Favre" and right now there's NO way to prove either statement as true.
As a Packer fan i'm hoping what we saw so far is what it will end up being. A solid QB that doesn't make dumb mistakes.
And in the end.....after all........BF only won one SB in his 16 years here. So if Aaron Rodgers can at least equal that, i think it would be a big plus. And who knows.......he might just do it, or more if we are lucky!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.