gbguy20
  • gbguy20
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
10 years ago
PackersHome Member Name: GBGuy20
Real Name (first only): Dan
Hometown: White Bear Lake, MN
Current City: same
Occupation: Shift Leader at Kwik Trip. Currently looking for that first job out of college. Computer Forensics - just applied for one at the mayo clinic.

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I created this username when I was probably 10 years old, and it has unfortunately stuck around for certain things. GB for green bay, obviously, and 20 is my favorite number. I honestly hate everything about screennames, usernames, aliases, etc. Please, all of you, just call me Dan.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I grew up in White Bear Lake, MN in a big house in a brand new development. I lived right on the 7th green of Oneka Ridge Golf Course, so our house ended up with tons of dents from golf balls hitting the siding. In the same neighborhood were 5 other boys my same age, so we all grew up together doing crazy shit. I was part of your typical American family of 4. I have an older sister who I never got along with until we got older and didn't live together anymore. My parents divorced when I was 15. Everyone split up, we moved away, they killed my dog, fucked me up for a while.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

I have not been genetically blessed with height or strength, so I did not get to play high school sports. My last year of sports was 8th grade, before I was too small to compete. I did not participate in any high school clubs, because I did not give a fuck about any of that, and I wasn't the most social guy around. My last 2 years of school were spent sleeping through class and spending my nights being a professional call of duty 2 player. Holy Regrets Batman.

4) How did you find the PackersHome? And what keeps you active on the site?

I discovered this site after meeting one of the members in #Packers on gamesurge (irc network). He was the guy who created the highlight films of individual players and posted them on youtube with Packershome.com as the watermark in the bottom corner of the videos. That is how I found this place, loving to talk football, especially Packers is what keeps me here. Before this place I used to frequent Autumnthunder.com to shoot the shit about football and anything else. Before that I was a busy poster on CBS sports rumor mills.

5) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

I love to fish. My goal for the summer is to be able to spend most of my time out on the lake with the girlfriend and some buddies. Bass fishing is my specialty, but I'm always down for anything involving being out on the lake. I love to workout. A few months ago when I actually had some free time, I spent 5 days a week lifting at the gym. My goal is to finally reach 150 lbs bodymass. That sounds small to you guys I am sure, but I am only 5'7 on a good day, and 150lbs is 13lbs more than I have ever weighed. 150 lbs of muscle at 5'7 is going to look pretty solid.

6) What was your first job?
I suppose the first thing I did for money was selling golf balls. As i said earlier, I lived on a golf course, so a ton of golf balls were lost in my yard. It was also a short walk to a bunch of trees & weeds where I could find hundreds of lost golf balls. I'd keep all the balls in egg cartons and set them up right at the entrance of the golf course, and sell all the golfers their balls back. Years later I still have a life long supply of Titleist Pro-V1 golf balls for my own personal use.
My first real job was at Pine Tree Apple Orchard. I didn't do much, mostly stood at the conveyer belt sorting/grading apples, I stocked some coolers and broke down some cardboard boxes. I was 15, I think. $5.35 an hour. Job seems lame but honestly working at an apple orchard is pretty cool.

7) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

My fondest memories of those come from early on. 7th grade was probably the most exciting of my teenage years (as sad as that is). Lots of time spent with girls, lots of time in the water, lots of time doing lots of things for the first time. High School was horseshit.

8) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

I would love to be a part of a superbowl run. The atmosphere in the building during a superbowl season, especially post season must be absolutely nuts. I would love to be an announcer for the Packers, but I don't see that guy on Packers Radio Network being replaced any time soon.

9) What is your worst fear?

Being alone.

10) How many trips/games have you made to Lambeau Field?

4. My first game was when I was pretty young, I can't remember how old I was, but I do know it was Lovie Smith's first season as coach of the bears. I went to GB home opener that season against the bears, you know, the time when Lovie Smith's only goal for the season was 'to beat the green bay packers.' And they definitely did, my first game at Lambeau I got to watch the Packers get demolished by Brian Urlacher.

My next game was spent up in the skybox watching the Packers run over the Seahawks in the blizzard playoff game. Brett Favre's last game at Lambeau, I believe. That was easily the funnest game I have ever been to. Some quick pics from the game:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/12635_1291937623427_5316509_n.jpg 
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/12635_1291938063438_7434910_n.jpg 
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/12635_1291938463448_5567188_n.jpg 

That game started off rough, down 14-0 after 2 Ryan Grant fumbles I was very depressed. Then Grant turned it up a notch and we scored 45 points on 200+ yards rushing. Hell of a game.

I was also at a game during the Packers' superbowl season. One of the games that earned us the reputation of being coach killers. We destroyed the cowboys 45-7 (that 7 didn't come until the final 2 minutes) and Wade Philips was fired the next day. I had no voice the next day. The day after that was when we all found out that Al Harris would not be activated and he would be cut instead, sad day in PackerLand.

I made it to the Packers vs Vikings Playoffs game this January as well. 20 yard line, 15 rows up. Game was absolutely freezing and no amount of alcohol could keep anyone warm.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/72488_10200897831672952_1588028867_n.jpg 

11) Whats your favorite food?
Stuffed Chicken Spaghetti. If I could have endless amounts of this meal, I would have no issues gaining the mass I am working so hard for.

12) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

I do not have any specific preferences. I just need to go somewhere warm, with an ocean, where I don't have to see snow ever again. Fuck snow. I'd also like to be somewhere where all of my money isn't stolen from me via taxes to support the governments outrageous spending habits.

13) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

Aaron Rodgers. Do I really need to explain this?
Brett Favre. Hated him during those last couple of years, but now that hes retired I forgive him and love him again. I grew up my whole life watching him.
Ahman Green. Have we ever had a RB as talented as him. We had a hell of an offensive line, and a hell of an offensive scheme, and he was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. He was pretty awesome on Madden too.
Nick Barnett. This is probably a head scratcher for most of you. We drafted him right around the time where I was really starting to pay attention to the packers and everything else going on in the nfl, I was probably 14 or so and the NFL Draft was the best thing every to me at that time. I probably would have liked any first round pick we had that year.
Donald Driver. Class Act. Always underestimated. 1 hell of a career.

14) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Florida. Wisconsin. Iowa. Kansas City, Missouri.
Florida wins because of the warm weather, the ocean, and the women. But kansas city was pretty awesome too. Surprisingly beautiful city. Green Bay is a cold version of heaven.

15) When youre not on PackersHome, what are you doing with your free time?

Fishing, working out, working, hanging out the girlfriend. This summer is going to be awesome with her.

16) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Sex on a boat, or on an island. Both of which will hopefully get done this summer.
On a more serious note, I need to do some serious traveling/vacationing in my lifetime soon.

17) What other sports teams do you follow and why?

None, really. It's Packers all year long. If the Lakers are in the playoffs, I root for them, but I do not give a fuck about regular season basketball. If the Wild are good, I'll root for them, but I don't give a fuck about hockey. If the twins are in the playoffs, I'll root for them, but I don't give a fuck about baseball. Basically the Packers are the only time I have ever and will ever give a shit about.

18) What lead to your following of the Packers?

My dad was a Packers Fan, and so were a good group of my friends when I was real young. I am by far the most avid fan I know.

19) Can you share one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

The second we clinched that superbowl win. Jarrett Bush defending that 4th down pass. That whole game. Absolutely awesome night because of the game, and because of the atmosphere where I watched it and the people around me. Alcohol helped too.

20) What is your favorite PackersHome memory and/or feature?

I downloaded the shit out of those weekly highlight videos we used to have.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
Hey Dan good read. I will try and remember to use your name. A suggestion is to use "Dan" instead of "blank" in your signature. It may help me.

I was at a couple of your games. The Dallas but whooping and the Minny playoff games.
As for getting up to 150#. No worries. Just keep eating the spaghetti and turn 30 and you will be there.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

20) What is your favorite PackersHome memory and/or feature?

I downloaded the shit out of those weekly highlight videos we used to have.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I think you might have been one of the only ones to do so, lol. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.