McPack
15 years ago
Best: The 82yd OT pass vs Denver last year. I was actually there for that one.

Worst: 4th and 26. The INT vs the Giants has been permanently blocked from my memory so that one doesn't count.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Several of each. in no order:
Good:
1) Beating the Cardinals 41-16 in the Playoffs in '82. That was the first time we won a Playoff game since the 60s.
2) Beating the #1 D (and eventual SB winner) Redskins 48-47. When Mark Moseley, who NEVER misses FGs, missed the field goal and we went on to win that game by a point, it was amazing. This was hands down the best game ever played in any sport. No punts. All action.
3) Favre hitting Sterling Sharpe for the win over the Lions 28-24 in the Playoffs. You young ones had no idea how much this meant to someone who all they knew was the Packers sucking year after year and finally, we win a Playoff game, the only non-strike season Playoff win since the 60s.
4) Of course the SB win

Bad:
1) Getting knocked out of the Playoffs by the Cows in '82. That's when my hatred began.
2) Losing the SB. I never forgave Holmgren for that. We had a superior team, and should have blown them out. Also, I hated John Elway more than any other player in the NFL, and for him to get an SB win over our beloved Packers...
3) Punting on 4th and 1 from our 40 with 3 RBs who averaged 5+ YPC. I knew then and there that something bad would happen. Even at 4th and 26, I knew they'd pick it up, because we jinxed ourselves.

I always hated conservative playing. The #3 Bad cemented it. NEVER play conservative. The game's not over until you see a 4 in the Quarter and a 0:00 on the clock.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
15 years ago
So many of both....where do i start?
Getting to meet many Packer players over the years........Starr, Nitschke, Favre.......and on and on it goes.
Winning 2 tickets to a Packer game, and it being the game where we whipped the Saints 52-3.
Being at the playoff win against the Seahawks in the snow last season.

Bad........the death of Ray Nitschke. He was such a nice guy.
Losing SB 32 when we SHOULD have whipped them.
Being at the NFC championship in 95 when we lost to the hated Cows.
I could list alot more too.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
15 years ago
Good: Bringing my oldest son to his 1st Packer game at Lambeau. When we walked out of the concourse for his 1st look at the field, he stood at the top of the steps amd sais one word,"awesome".
Bringing my youngest son to the Seahawks playoff game in the snow. I also met Cheeseey and Greg C that day.
Attending my 1st Packers game at old City Stadium.

Bad: The 70's and 80's.
TengoJuego
15 years ago
I'm with ya. I'm only 20, so the memories from the SB win and seasons after I definitely remember, but didn't care quite as much as I would today, and they aren't too clear.

But I remember being at a Ravens game in Baltimore(visiting my Aunt & Uncle around Christmas) and watching that game at a tailgate party. And when McCown threw that TD. I went BANANAS! Everyone kinda raised their eyebrow and chuckled. But I didn't care, the Viqueens lost, and the Pack were going to the Playoffs.

But my favorite memory has to be between The Al Harris Int, mostly because I live in the Seattle area and all my friends & family root for the Hawks. And when he raised that hand after picking that ball it was like, YEAHHH, Take that!
And the other being the Antonio Freeman Catch. I was in complete AWE. I didn't even take a second to notice that we won. So amazed by the play.

Worst: Losing to the Giants last year. Its still hurts thinking that we were that close. We were given all those missed field goals, and it felt like we were destined to win. Yet it didn't work. We couldn't do it. And for a second I literally wanted to just cry. Because I knew it wasn't going to happen. I collapsed inside when Favre threw that pick. My head dropped...and never to be raised for the rest of that day and actually for about a good week or so.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
My memory bank only goes back to '89.

Best:[ul]It has to be the game we beat the snot out of the 49ers in the '96 divisional playoffs when no one gave us a chance. We started the game off fast. I think it was Adam Walker got the ball slammed out by a perfect helmet to ball hit by Wayne Simmons and Craig Newsome took it to the house. --- since I now have this game on DVD, I might have to make a highlight video of it. --- [/ul]

Worst: [ul]It'd have to be the '94 Thanksgiving day game against the Cowboys. I'm not sure if Aikman was hurt during the game but I remember Jason Garrett torching the crap out of us. It was the worst because I was with tons of family who were dodging the Packers. Needless to say my father divorced himself from that poor excuse for a family! hah[/ul]
UserPostedImage
agopackgo4
15 years ago

Worst: Losing to the Giants last year. Its still hurts thinking that we were that close. We were given all those missed field goals, and it felt like we were destined to win. Yet it didn't work. We couldn't do it. And for a second I literally wanted to just cry. Because I knew it wasn't going to happen. I collapsed inside when Favre threw that pick. My head dropped...and never to be raised for the rest of that day and actually for about a good week or so.

"TengoJuego" wrote:

Thats how I feel with the 4th and 26. I still get the same sick feeling, if I think about that play and the way i felt after the game. For some reason last years playoff game doesnt effect me enough. Probably because it didnt suprise me that it happened. Not with Favre throwing the ball late in a close game lol. Its just that the 4th and 26 was so unexpected. Unbelievable.
SINCITYCHEEZE
15 years ago
My best Packer memory was brought about by a team member of the 98 49's.My Friend and I bet a 3 team parlay for a $1000,(My buddy had a great run betting baseball that season),taking GB,KC,and the over in the Denver/Niners game on Mon. Nite F-Ball.We won the first to games no problem.
It came down to the 4th quarter,bout 6 min left to go,game was in hand,can't remember for who.One of those typical out of reach games.No one was really going for a score.All we needed was 1 stinking point,Safety,Field Goal,TD.It didn't matter.All of a sudden someone stripped Elway on a sack and Kevin Greene picks it up and runs it back for a TD.Needless to say next to my son being born or the day I got married it was the happiest day of my life.We had just won $10,000.
I told you that story to tell you this one. We got to the end of the season.What to do what to do.Do we risk waiting for our second trip to the Superbowl or one of the other playoff games.Well we said screw it,after winning the first playoff game that season we ended up going to the N.F.C. Championship game in SanFran.
Needless to say it was the right choice that season.
About 8 years later,after learning how to surf the net,I was on Packers.com cruising the photo galleries and what to I find but this photo.
If you look over Favre's left shoulder you will see my friend Dave in the #4 jersey and me to the right in a blue and green jacket.Imagine our surprise.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
SINCITYCHEEZE
15 years ago
Bad memories,Went to the Az game in 2003.Man I thought it was hot in Vegas. Pretty bad game.Tards pulled it out.I thought it was pretty smart to make us wear our Home Colors that day.Those dark greens really sucked in the heat.Well once again while surfing the photo galleries what do I find but this.Another photo of me with my Bro-in-Law at the game.Had great seats 4-5 rows right behind the Packers bench.If you look right above the N in Arizona on the banner there I am kinda turned sideways.My Bro-in-Law is right above the last A in Arizona with the tan/brown shirt and baseball hat.A bad memory because of the loss,but still a good day because I was at a Pack game.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Since69
15 years ago
Best: Super Bowl 31 :)
Worst: Super Bowl 32 :(

Almost worst: the 4th and 26 game. We were soooo good that year. We never should have lost that game - it never should have gone into overtime. I really think we would have won it all that year.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.