Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jacob  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:21:30 PM(UTC)
Jacob

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 3

Rodgers has never played from behind yet this year, and i'm really excited to see him to. last year when he was behind by many in the dallas game, and he stepped up big time. I think if we get behind, he will strongly answer. what do you guys think?

I think once he gets behind in a game, and really steps it up, then everyone will realize what a great QB he is.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:28:04 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

F U! lol I want to see Rodgers dominate and never be behind. What the heck kind of Packers fan are you! lol

Some of us are old and can't handle the ole "Cardiac Pack" again :)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Bigbyfan  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:35:03 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

Actually we were down 25-23 I believe against Detroit...... So take that!!! :whipitgood:

I never want to see Aaron Rodgers play from behind, like Zero said
blank
Offline Jacob  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:44:08 PM(UTC)
Jacob

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Actually we were down 25-23 I believe against Detroit...... So take that!!! :whipitgood:

I never want to see Aaron Rodgers play from behind, like Zero said

Yeah, we were down one time, and we did step it up! we drove down for a field goal, i think we could've had a TD, but Mike McCarthy decided to run it after that big jennings pass. He stepped up last week when we were behind.
Offline Formo  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 11:00:23 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Rodgers has never played from behind yet this year, and i'm really excited to see him to. last year when he was behind by many in the dallas game, and he stepped up big time. I think if we get behind, he will strongly answer. what do you guys think?

I think once he gets behind in a game, and really steps it up, then everyone will realize what a great QB he is.

Is it just me, or does the title of this thread and the bolded part of this post look REALLY gay?

Just sayin'.. =P
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Jacob  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 11:01:56 PM(UTC)
Jacob

Is it just me, or does the title of this thread and the bolded part of this post look REALLY gay?

Just sayin'.. =P

you would -_-
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 11:11:56 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

But Aaron Rodgers has played from behind and it was in the Lions game. Silly peoples.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline TengoJuego  
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 11:50:37 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

I want to see Aaron face a good team. Minnesota is overrated, Lions are well, they're the Loins. Now is his first big test.
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:33:00 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

I want to see Aaron face a good team. Minnesota is overrated, Lions are well, they're the Loins. Now is his first big test.

I wouldn't say it's his first big test.

I mean not after that Favre fiasco, and coming out to play the pre-season opener, then after Favre was solid in his debut as a Jet, Aaron had another big test in the MNF opener.

Also, let's not forget last year when Aaron came in for Brett against the Cowboys, it was 17-0 for the 'Boys.

They won 37-27, but there was a point where the Packers where within a FG (30-27).

At this point in time, I think Aaron's only 'big test' left is how he responds from a bad game. Even so, he's already kinda passed it with the game against the Broncos in the pre-season, after a horrid game against the 49ers.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline TengoJuego  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:08:48 AM(UTC)
TengoJuego

United States

I wouldn't say it's his first big test.

I mean not after that Favre fiasco, and coming out to play the pre-season opener, then after Favre was solid in his debut as a Jet, Aaron had another big test in the MNF opener.

Also, let's not forget last year when Aaron came in for Brett against the Cowboys, it was 17-0 for the 'Boys.

They won 37-27, but there was a point where the Packers where within a FG (30-27).

At this point in time, I think Aaron's only 'big test' left is how he responds from a bad game. Even so, he's already kinda passed it with the game against the Broncos in the pre-season, after a horrid game against the 49ers.

I very much disagree...this IS a big test. Its a team that recently we have struggled against. Last year we got lucky and Romo choked so we didn't have to play away from Lambeau. It could really determine a lot on our season, it could give us a very big advantage in the NFC, or mean that we cant afford to lose to teams like Seattle, Tampa, New Orleans, and Chicago. Not that we can ever afford to lose, but a loss in any of those games could be bad. Not to mention we have Indy to take on.

Our schedule isn't as easy as it was last year. We have a rough road. And this is truly a big test for Aaron and the rest of this team. Do we have what it takes to get back to the NFC Championship?

I have strong faith that we do. But it will be much more difficult than last year. IMO
Offline RaiderPride  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:19:39 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 120
Applause Received: 212

Your dreaming... If you want to see him play from behind it may be just a few snaps. Not much to get a read onhow he plays from behind.

Woodson and Collins will never let him play from behind.

We saw that already.

Edit: Thanks Zero... I forgot he had some snaps trailing.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline arrowgargantuan  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 4:16:05 AM(UTC)
arrowgargantuan

this will be the same as any other game in the sense that...

if we can give Aaron some decent protection, he will no doubt pick them apart. i know, i know, it's common sense. but it's really that simple.
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 4:36:52 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

I very much disagree...this IS a big test.

I actually disagreed with your assertion that this was Aaron's "first big test".

I'm not saying this isn't going to be a test for our team... and for Aaron, but to suggest this is the first big test Aaron is facing is overlooking the road Aaron has had to get to this point (starting Packers' QB coming off of two solid games).

Look let's not make this game the be all and end all, it is a week 3 game.

Yes, it is against a powerhouse team. Yes, it is against the team picked by many to be the best in the NFC. Regardless, it is still a week 3 game. There are still 13 more games after this one.

It's always a test when a young team goes against the team considered to be the best of the best. But let's not treat this one game as the make or break game of our season. I just hope everyone keeps in mind that over the next 15 weeks, anything can happen to either the Packers or the Cowboys.

This will figuratively be a huge test to gage where the Packers stand against the best in the NFC no doubt, but this shouldn't be seen as a test for the Packers to prove themselves as being the real deal.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline Greg C.  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 5:27:37 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

As others have pointed out, he's played from behind in two of the three games he's played in extensively these past couple years. In the Lions game, he recorded his first official "fourth quarter comeback," for what it's worth. (Not much, in my opinion--I think that stat is overrated.)

I don't need to see Rodgers play from behind, anyway. The guy is unflappable, and I have no doubt that he will do fine. Against Detroit, I actually felt a little better with Rodgers in that situation than I would have with Brett. I knew the Packers had superior talent, and I knew Rodgers would stick to the plan. Brett would sometimes try to do a little too much when the Packers got behind.
blank
Offline Packnic  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 6:05:29 AM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Received: 6

buy tickets in the endzone then. you'll get to watch him play from behind at least 2 quarters.
blank
Offline arrowgargantuan  
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 6:24:43 AM(UTC)
arrowgargantuan

buy tickets in the endzone then. you'll get to watch him play from behind at least 2 quarters.

burn!
Offline TengoJuego  
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:40:26 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego

United States

This will figuratively be a huge test to gage where the Packers stand against the best in the NFC no doubt, but this shouldn't be seen as a test for the Packers to prove themselves as being the real deal.

I wasn't at all hyping up the game. And as early as it is in the season, like I said with our road being so tough. It can really be a tough loss looking back or a HUGE win. We have to play Chicago twice, who are a better team than they were last year, and we lost both times to them. And with the other top teams in the NFC on our schedule, including AFC teams like Indy and Jacksonville and Tennessee. Its a long season yes, But you cant just say these games aren't big. So IMO this is a test to Aaron. He has proven capable, he has played on the Big Monday night stage against a Rival and won. But now he is playing a "Powerhouse"(I don't think they are, but they are labeled one).

I keep scratching my head trying to level with you saying this is just a week 3 game. Every game counts.
Offline zombieslayer  
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:56:54 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Heh. Not me.

I'd rather see us come into the game, score first , and never relinquish our lead, hopefully winning every single game by double digits and going 19-0. I hate close games. I like to see us blow the opponents out.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 3:22:00 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Heh. Not me.

I'd rather see us come into the game, score first , and never relinquish our lead, hopefully winning every single game by double digits and going 19-0. I hate close games. I like to see us blow the opponents out.

That's what I'm talking about right there!

UserPostedImage
Offline Jacob  
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 3:50:56 PM(UTC)
Jacob

Heh. Not me.

Yeah i'd rather have this, but if he does get behind, ill be paying close attention.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 4:11:12 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Heh. Not me.

Yeah i'd rather have this, but if he does get behind, ill be paying close attention.

He has played from behind. He chucked a deep one to Greg Jennings to put is in FG position in which we got a FG out of the drive. :)

Then Woodson got an INT.
Jackson ran it in 19yards.
Then woodson pick six
then collins pick six.
Game over. :)

UserPostedImage
Offline obi1  
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 8:43:15 PM(UTC)
obi1

Applause Given: 1

Heh. Not me.

He has played from behind. He chucked a deep one to Greg Jennings to put is in FG position in which we got a FG out of the drive. :)

Then Woodson got an INT.
Jackson ran it in 19yards.
Then woodson pick six
then collins pick six.
Game over. :)

Lions game was one of those games that would count as a come from behind win in the 4th quarter byleading by at klea ARod, as well as a win after leading by at least 2 TDs at halftime...

Confusing...
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 10:37:05 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 204
Applause Received: 439

He got his wish...........we are behind.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 10:40:27 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

He got his wish...........we are behind.

Unfortunate wish that it is.

UserPostedImage
Offline dannychau22  
#25 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:38:56 PM(UTC)
dannychau22

yea.. way to jinx us :physassult:
blank
Rss Feed