Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shield4life  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:17:29 AM(UTC)
No running game
Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:18:25 AM(UTC)
Our running game wasn't that bad. we couldn't stop their offense that was why we lost. we couldn't get them off the field
shield4life  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:20:23 AM(UTC)
props to woodson ... that's all i got to say
Scythe  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:22:33 AM(UTC)
Giving up over 200 yards on the ground didn't help much either.
Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:24:37 AM(UTC)
We can't win when we let the other team run down our throats and make our defense stay on the field all game. No defense can handle that stuff.
shield4life  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:26:12 AM(UTC)
ya but if grant or jackson would of had like a td or something ... we'd be like 4 pts down right now ... anyways one loss no biggie it was bound to happen but running game hasn't been ticking last year don't know why tho ... there some big plays last 2 games but it's just not like year if you guys know what i mean ... ya sure defense line didn't do that much crazy too but you can't forget that o-line of dallas is very very very good
Ginco19  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:26:30 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
No running game

i think it was more of not sticking to our running game. We ran the ball well when we did but we abandoned it. Overall if we meet again, we can shut down T.O. and if we can keep consistant with our run game and get first downs our Defense can hold their Run game.
shield4life  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:27:54 AM(UTC)
hahhahaha even dallas winning you had to see that idiots face lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
bozz_2006  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:31:36 AM(UTC)
isn't one and only, like, one? ....... and only?
shield4life  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:33:41 AM(UTC)
yup it is lol ... anyways um where's bigby lol ?
TengoJuego  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:36:47 AM(UTC)
There were a number of reasons. This one was just one of many.
bozz_2006  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:38:27 AM(UTC)
injured. so is nick collins. that's why we got see so much of Charlie Peprah tonight

and with harris out, we got some tramon williams too.
HoustonMatt  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:38:53 AM(UTC)
We couldn't stop their ground game and we gave up to many third down conversions. That's it.
Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:40:29 AM(UTC)
We sucked on both sides of the ball.
Our D couldn't stop them, our O couldnt score
gotarace  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:43:42 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
We sucked on both sides of the ball.
Our D couldn't stop them, our O couldnt score

Add 14 flags and that completely summs it up.
evad04  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:45:12 AM(UTC)
Wow. Immediate evaluations are always so delicious -- especially when people say "one reason only."

C'mon krazy, there were a lot of undesirable things about tonight's game.

That isn't to say I've lost faith or anything. We played a very good team. It's impossible to load up the box to stop Barber/Jones when you have T.O. and Witten that require so much attention.

It's tough to rush only four and get pressure against a massive o-line.

It's tough NOT to give up a big pass here or there when the run game is already established and you have to account for T.O.

It was the culmination of ALL of these -- and ALSO that the run game wasn't quite there and the Packers couldn't put it in the endzone. Brandon Jackson looks impressive -- I think that should be noted.

Dallas is a VERY TOUGH team to defend, we made some mistakes, and we couldn't get the ball in the endzone.

We lost to a very good team. We'll be alright, and hopefully we'll get healthier and we'll learn a few things from the game.
Rockjock07  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:49:07 AM(UTC)
Either Ryan Grant is not healthy or the league is figuring him out because he's been very average this season. Jackson should get the majority of snaps next week. With that said, there should have been a commitment to the run tonight, ball control keeps the Cowboys offense off the field.

The 3 big plays also killed the packers. Also, the flags are starting to became more of a problem that continues to take away big plays for this team.
Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:51:56 AM(UTC)
Grant only had 13 carries and he netted over 50 yards. He wasn't given the ball often enough with decent blocking.

This was not Grant's fault.
Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:58:06 AM(UTC)
Easy answer... we got controlled at the line of scrimmage.. both sides.. we were suspect on our offensive line and their Oline just flat out wore our Dline down... that is one massive athletic front 5 the Cows have on offense.

Playcalling was limited because we couldn't pass protect well enough.. Rodgers was moving all night long.
Pack93z  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:00:38 AM(UTC)
Evad.. I agree.. nothing to get all excited about.. we had chances early.. we settled for FG's and their front wore us down.. I think it is clear on elite fronts our oline needs to step it up a little more.. the speed of the boys caused us struggles. Look familiar, it should same time of front (speed) that got us last January..
Rss Feed