wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

A lot of good points being made in this thread.

Yeah, when I was in real estate, I wish I had a commission for every buyer who failed to qualify because they wanted more house than the mortgage company said they had income for. And most who did get houses were at the upper limit.

Regarding toys, whether on credit or not, to me that is a sign of workers making good income. We would be wrong to begrudge them that just as it's wrong for Dakota to begrudge business owners healthy profits. Somebody else's good fortune has NO bad effect on one's own situation. That's my nice side talking hahahaha.

Now for my not so nice side: what I SHOULD have said regarding work ethic is that it is an oxymoron. Work is a damn four letter word, and there is nothing ethical about it. The relationship between employer and employee is ADVERSARIAL - the worker does the least and worst he can get away with for the most money he can squeeze out of the boss. Conversely, the boss works the employee's ass off for as little pay as he can get away with giving him. Of course, most people on both sides of that situation are too nice to stick the knife in to the hilt, but that's the nature of the relationship. It's the same with landlord/tenant, policy holder/insurance company, creditor/borrower, etc. Dakota talked about the "abomination of greed"; No - greed is the norm. A bunch of individuals acting in their own greedy self interest will result in maximization of the common good for everybody. That's the theory anyway hahahahaha.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I don't begrudge someone buying pretty toys. It doesn't make sense to buying everything you own on credit. It may show that a person has a good income but until the collapse most small loans were made irregardless of income. Your name was what got you the loan more than the income.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

I don't begrudge someone buying pretty toys. It doesn't make sense to buying everything you own on credit. It may show that a person has a good income but until the collapse most small loans were made irregardless of income. Your name was what got you the loan more than the income.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

You're LEAPING to the assumption that the items on credit get paid for hahahaha. Vehicles as a rule, can be repossessed, but unsecured credit? Let the creditor beware!

I'm anxious to see the reaction of Dakota to this - will the champion of Joe Sixpack get all pious and self-righteous like he does about cheating (or even complaining) on taxes? Or will he come out in favor of sticking it to the rich banker/creditor class?

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DakotaT
10 years ago

You're LEAPING to the assumption that the items on credit get paid for hahahaha. Vehicles as a rule, can be repossessed, but unsecured credit? Let the creditor beware!

I'm anxious to see the reaction of Dakota to this - will the champion of Joe Sixpack get all pious and self-righteous like he does about cheating (or even complaining) on taxes? Or will he come out in favor of sticking it to the rich banker/creditor class?

Since your baiting, the only debt a person should carry is his mortgage and very low interest school loans. Everything else a person should weigh out it being a need or want.

Sticking it to the banker by defaulting on a loan or filing bankruptcy is unrighteous to say the least. The only real legitimate reason for bankruptcy is huge medical debt do to something tragic. I understand that a lot of people have lost jobs and had to default on mortgages and vehicles, but how far did they extend themselves to the slavery of debt? I've always lived by a simple rule that states that you should have 6 months worth of salary in a savings account to cover your debts should you lose your job.

Yeah Texas, the bank doesn't make a whole lot off me. I usually pay off loans well before they are due.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Since your baiting, the only debt a person should carry is his mortgage and very low interest school loans. Everything else a person should weigh out it being a need or want.

Sticking it to the banker by defaulting on a loan or filing bankruptcy is unrighteous to say the least. The only real legitimate reason for bankruptcy is huge medical debt do to something tragic. I understand that a lot of people have lost jobs and had to default on mortgages and vehicles, but how far did they extend themselves to the slavery of debt? I've always lived by a simple rule that states that you should have 6 months worth of salary in a savings account to cover your debts should you lose your job.

Yeah Texas, the bank doesn't make a whole lot off me. I usually pay off loans well before they are due.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

OK I guess that tells me what I want to know hahahaha. What you like to rant and whine about - the "rich", the creditor class, the businesses who finance debt, etc. - all those "evil" people and institutions you claim to hate so much, I LIVE what you rant about. Since the early 80s, I have been abusing credit to the best extent I could - I mean intentionally not paying unsecured debt. If you're shocked or want to think of me as "unrighteous", fine, but I'm DOING what you're only talking or fantasizing about - a sharp stick in the eye of the "rich".

DakotaT
10 years ago

OK I guess that tells me what I want to know hahahaha. What you like to rant and whine about - the "rich", the creditor class, the businesses who finance debt, etc. - all those "evil" people and institutions you claim to hate so much, I LIVE what you rant about. Since the early 80s, I have been abusing credit to the best extent I could - I mean intentionally not paying unsecured debt. If you're shocked or want to think of me as "unrighteous", fine, but I'm DOING what you're only talking or fantasizing about - a sharp stick in the eye of the "rich".

Oh aren't you the rebel? I want to live to see the day those evil people are beheaded. Your little dine and dash routine is like a little pimple on their ass. 🙄 I wouldn't do what you do because I have character. Isn't your little thieving one of the top ten don'ts of our Lord?
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
10 years ago

That's quite a douchebaggy way to go about things, but it does show how broken the system is/was.

Like Dakota said, though, that has little to do with standing up for those who need it and more with questionable ethics. If anything, I'd go a step further and make it clear that, especially the lower/middle class, has absolutely no reason to work themselves into debt. A mortgage on a house, that's the only one I get.

Medical expenses to the point where you have to throw yourself into debt should be obsolete, since it's the most obvious thing to insure yourself against, but that's another discussion.

Education should be subsidised, as well. And not only for the ones who are athletically gifted or whatever. But again, that's a different discussion I'm not jumping into.

And lastly, adding onto what Pack93z said, when looking at houses, everyone there seems to life well above his/her means. It appears to be perfectly normal for a couple of 21 year old college drop-outs, living on a factory worker income, to get the mortgage through for a 4-bedroom, 2 bathroom house. That's great when you just keep trading up and keep pushing the consequences of your mortgage further and further into the future, but you'd reckon people would've learned from this ill-adviced structure the first time.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

That's quite a douchebaggy way to go about things, but it does show how broken the system is/was.

Like Dakota said, though, that has little to do with standing up for those who need it and more with questionable ethics. If anything, I'd go a step further and make it clear that, especially the lower/middle class, has absolutely no reason to work themselves into debt. A mortgage on a house, that's the only one I get.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

In reply to both your post and Dakota's, either those "rich" bastards are evil or they aren't - make up your mind. If they are the kind of asshole Dakota says, then any small dent in their bottom line is a good thing - morally justified. Conversely, if Dakota's more recent take on things is true - "Thou shalt not cheat the cheaters", then there must be a particle of chance that some of them are NOT evil. I'm not gonna worry about that - I'm just gonna do all I can get away with, and feel good about it. As for WWJD, I don't know, maybe something similar to overturning the tables of the money changers in the Temple. Who say ANYTHING about standing up for those who need it. It's all about nipping at the heels of the establishment types. A mortgage on a house is the one thing you DON'T default on because it can get foreclosed. Ditto that for secured debt on vehicles or other repossessable items.

DakotaT
10 years ago

In reply to both your post and Dakota's, either those "rich" bastards are evil or they aren't - make up your mind. If they are the kind of asshole Dakota says, then any small dent in their bottom line is a good thing - morally justified. Conversely, if Dakota's more recent take on things is true - "Thou shalt not cheat the cheaters", then there must be a particle of chance that some of them are NOT evil. I'm not gonna worry about that - I'm just gonna do all I can get away with, and feel good about it. As for WWJD, I don't know, maybe something similar to overturning the tables of the money changers in the Temple. Who say ANYTHING about standing up for those who need it. It's all about nipping at the heels of the establishment types. A mortgage on a house is the one thing you DON'T default on because it can get foreclosed. Ditto that for secured debt on vehicles or other repossessable items.

You're too obtuse to even know what you do is wrong? Cheating a cheater doesn't make your act right, well maybe "right" but certainly not correct. Raping a prostitute is still rape. If you don't get these simple concepts - what makes you think anybody should give you any credibility on complex subjects. Yeah, Texadumbass, people like me really do exist. I don't cheat on my wife, my taxes, and I don't buy shit I can't afford to own. Call me pious all you want to, but I walk tall and can look anybody square in the eye.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

You're too obtuse to even know what you do is wrong? Cheating a cheater doesn't make your act right, well maybe "right" but certainly not correct. Raping a prostitute is still rape. If you don't get these simple concepts - what makes you think anybody should give you any credibility on complex subjects. Yeah, Texadumbass, people like me really do exist. I don't cheat on my wife, my taxes, and I don't buy shit I can't afford to own. Call me pious all you want to, but I walk tall and can look anybody square in the eye.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

If you're sincerely pious, I applaud you for it too - and you very well may be. However, so MUCH of what you post is based on at best, honest but dense contradiction, and at worst, disingenuous bullshit. In other words, you're just plain WRONG virtually all the time for reasons which are totally unclear.

Frankly, I don't give a damn whether my behavior is considered "right" or "correct" or whatever. Hell yeah, you got the moral high ground as well as the majority opinion on that front. All I say is I am CONSISTENT - Not a walking talking contradiction like you. Of course, people like you exist; Most of them are Tea Partiers, are America-loving Americans, would NEVER be mistaken because of their words for leftists, probably would be too courteous and non-combative to even post in a forum like this. What they WOULD be is the exact kind of people you spew so much hate about - is it a coincidence that you are saturated with sick reverse ethnocentricity? I don't think so.

DakotaT
10 years ago

If you're sincerely pious, I applaud you for it too - and you very well may be. However, so MUCH of what you post is based on at best, honest but dense contradiction, and at worst, disingenuous bullshit. In other words, you're just plain WRONG virtually all the time for reasons which are totally unclear.

Frankly, I don't give a damn whether my behavior is considered "right" or "correct" or whatever. Hell yeah, you got the moral high ground as well as the majority opinion on that front. All I say is I am CONSISTENT - Not a walking talking contradiction like you. Of course, people like you exist; Most of them are Tea Partiers, are America-loving Americans, would NEVER be mistaken because of their words for leftists, probably would be too courteous and non-combative to even post in a forum like this. What they WOULD be is the exact kind of people you spew so much hate about - is it a coincidence that you are saturated with sick reverse ethnocentricity? I don't think so.

You should probably work on yourself a lot more before you need to worry about me or thinking you know anything about me. Having a good life in this country is about work and dedication to set goals, not finding all the short cuts cause a person lacks a spine, character, or work ethic.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (12h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (19h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (19h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (19h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (19h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (19h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (19h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (19h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (20h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (20h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.