15 years ago
looks like he will be playing against the falcons though. You guys give up too easy. Look at the division were in 🙂.
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago

I do agree that one of the worse decisions Thompson has made is his overconfidence in Flynn and Brohm though. Quite frankly, it was insane.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Was it? I thinkTed Thompsonlooked at other QBs, but who's out there that's worth a damn?

Daunte Culpepper? Heh. No.

The other backup QBs I wanted were already on other teams.

You also mentioned total wins. I said 10 at the beginning of the season. We'll see. Still hoping for it, but it's not looking very likely right now.

I just want us to beat the Colts. And of course the Bears. And the Vikings. Would hate to see my sig tampered with. :shock:

"porky88" wrote:

Daunte Culpepper is better than Matt Flynn.

He just is. Packer fans can't stand him because he was a Viking and he's an ass, but he's better than what we got behind Rodgers. Maybe next year Flynn and Brohm will both be better. I tend to think they will, but right now they aren't.

Aaron Brooks is probably better. He's played for McCarthy and he knows the system. He's been good in it.

Now are they great? Absolutely not, but they are better than what we got and you know they wouldn't get as rattled as Flynn or Brohm. They're good enough to maybe lead the Packers to a field goal drive to put them up 24-20 in a tight game.

Flynn and Brohm, I'm not sure are good enough to lead them from the GB 20 to mid field at this point.

People were talking down Kerry Collins just two years ago and he's now quarterback of one of the best teams in football. Gus Ferrotte lead the Viking to their only win this year. So all it's not lost with a veteran QB.

Thompson's problem here is he didn't want to lose an extra guy at a different position. He couldn't cut Brohm who is a 2nd rounder. He couldn't cut Flynn who was better than Brohm. It was a tough call to make and I like the job Ted Thompson is doing, but this move was the wrong one in my opinion.
WhiskeySam
15 years ago

Actually it's because Washington went on a 7 minute drive in the 4th quarter to make it a two score game, and Dallas couldn't make a play to stop them. Dallas right now is third in their own division. Hardly the best team in football.

And last year, we had no running game and started 7-1 because we had a damn good, experienced QB running the offense. We don't have that luxury this year, and we've clearly taken a step backwards from where our line was playing at the end of last year. I'm tired of hearing about how young this team is. We're not starting a rookie squad out there. The offensive line in particular should be beyond having to be taught how to block and not make the same stupid penalties every week. The ones who need to buck up are the same players who make the same mistakes week in and week out.

"Packnic" wrote:

The QB experience has freakin zero to do with these 2 loses. Brett and all his experience, got the hell beaten out of him by Dallas last year, and no amount of experience is gonna help you when you have 1.7 seconds to throw a pass.

Look this team has some work to do. But losing to two very good football teams early in the season is hardly justification for whining and crying. You might be tired of hearing how young the team is, but its the truth. Personally I'm tired of so called fans selling their team down the river after two loses in the first quarter of the season.

"WhiskeySam" wrote:

That's funny. I could have sworn this was the same line as last year. To say Favre had more time means our O-line is actually playing even worse than they were at the start of last year. How long is subpar play and failure to progress going to be ignored? I'll give you Dallas as a very good football team, but Tampa has serious problems at QB. If we're going to be serious playoff contenders, we need to be able to beat teams with obvious weaknesses to exploit. And for the record, I'm tired of you acting like an asshole and declaring everyone who disagrees with you isn't a real fan.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Roddyboy
15 years ago

Actually it's because Washington went on a 7 minute drive in the 4th quarter to make it a two score game, and Dallas couldn't make a play to stop them. Dallas right now is third in their own division. Hardly the best team in football.

And last year, we had no running game and started 7-1 because we had a damn good, experienced QB running the offense. We don't have that luxury this year, and we've clearly taken a step backwards from where our line was playing at the end of last year. I'm tired of hearing about how young this team is. We're not starting a rookie squad out there. The offensive line in particular should be beyond having to be taught how to block and not make the same stupid penalties every week. The ones who need to buck up are the same players who make the same mistakes week in and week out.

"Packnic" wrote:

The QB experience has freakin zero to do with these 2 loses. Brett and all his experience, got the hell beaten out of him by Dallas last year, and no amount of experience is gonna help you when you have 1.7 seconds to throw a pass.

Look this team has some work to do. But losing to two very good football teams early in the season is hardly justification for whining and crying. You might be tired of hearing how young the team is, but its the truth. Personally I'm tired of so called fans selling their team down the river after two loses in the first quarter of the season.

"WhiskeySam" wrote:

The QB experience has everything to do with it. What, now Tampa Bay is some unbelievable juggernaut who no one can beat? You said that last week with Dallas, and Washington beat them this week. I thought Washington sucked because Daniel Snyder was the owner and he used free agency?

You people make me laugh with your circular logic. hehe. :lol:

Last year, GB didn't have a running game or pass blocking until about the 7th game, but somehow they managed to go 6-1. Why? Because of the experience and talent at the QB position where the unmentionable one was able to make decisions and dissect defenses a helluva lot quicker than Aaron Rodgers can!

You may not want to admit it, but that is the reason why the Pack is in the fix that they are now. Go back and look at the tape and see how and why the Packers won those games. As the season goes on, you will also realize that Ted Thompson made the wrong choice for QB's in August, and as much as you don't want to face or admit. That will be the reason the Packer's don't succeed this year the way they did last year.

Count on it.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Porky - Good points, BUT...

If Aaron Rodgers goes down, the season is over anyways. Last year, we made it to the CG game. Every year, you fight for your team to improve over last year unless you win the SB whereas your goal is to repeat.

Culpepper and Aaron Brooks are not going to get us to the SB. Might as well give some time to Flynn and Brohm and find out who our #2 next year will be. The season's done if Aaron Rodgers goes down.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
TOPackerFan
15 years ago

[

Daunte Culpepper is better than Matt Flynn.

He just is. Packer fans can't stand him because he was a Viking and he's an ass, but he's better than what we got behind Rodgers. Maybe next year Flynn and Brohm will both be better. I tend to think they will, but right now they aren't.

"porky88" wrote:

Agreed, but don't forget that we offered him a $1 million contract to back Aaron Rodgers up and he turned us down. As they say, it takes two to tango.
Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince
porky88
15 years ago

Porky - Good points, BUT...

If Aaron Rodgers goes down, the season is over anyways. Last year, we made it to the CG game. Every year, you fight for your team to improve over last year unless you win the SB whereas your goal is to repeat.

Culpepper and Aaron Brooks are not going to get us to the SB. Might as well give some time to Flynn and Brohm and find out who our #2 next year will be. The season's done if Aaron Rodgers goes down.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I agree that the season is over if Rodgers goes down for a significant amount of time. Now one week against Atlanta and I'm not so sure if a veteran QB can't lead the Packers to victory.

It doesn't matter now due to the fact that a veteran isn't here and even if signed wouldn't pickup the offense, but one game can mean a lot and this game here could make or break the season when you think about it. Chicago is 2-2. They could be in it to the end. If we tie them, but they hold the tiebreaker at the end of the year, we lose the division.

I bet you could look back to that Atlanta game when Matt Flynn was forced to start and the Packers lost because of it as the reason why a 9-7 GB team is sitting at home in January and why a 9-7 Chicago team is hosting the Eagles

That's how I look at the backup QB situation.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (35m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.