gotarace
15 years ago

We lost at the OL and DL, big time.

"IronMan" wrote:

I have to disagree with you big time here Z.

We lost the OL battle today, but our DL was solid. Yes, they should've tackled better, but they needed to get a rush for the most part and they did. .

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

We gave up 178 yards on the ground and did not get a sack. Our D line sucked.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Your quote says it all ironman. We can't give up 178 yards a week and be consistant in any game.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Frost was horrible today. Barely averaging more than 30 yards is unacceptable.

I know why we dropped Jon Ryan, but I don't think he ever had that bad of a average or even a NET average.

Looks like Mike Stock should have chose a different Punter. But I dunno.

I just don't know

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Why did we drop Jon Ryan? Did he make a pass at Mike McCarthy 's daughter?
I was quite content with having Jon Ryan as our punter last year. This Frost guy sucks.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
Rockjock07
15 years ago

C'mon, you guys knew that the Packers would have some ups and downs this year...

I agree. I hope people won't panic because of this loss, although I must say for the most part on this site people are worried but not yet panicking that the apocalypse has come in Packerland, which is refreshing.

If we blow this badly against the Falcons next week, heck I'll be the captain of the panic boat. Until then, I don't want to get too down on the basis of this game.

There are causes for concern, but nothing that should cause anyone to worry about this team's place at the top of the NFC North.

"vikesrule" wrote:

I think there are some serious reasons for concern. First off, the DL did not get any push, so I'm not sure what game you were watching. In fact, I'm not sure a DLmen got a sack.

IMO the offense was and has been the problem this season. It all starts with the OL. They are not opening up holes without holding people plus they can't protect the QB. If they don't get better they give the ball faster to Frost who has been awful and then the defense is forced to play above their head.

Then there are injuries. Rodgers, Hawk, Jenkins and that's just some notables today. If Rodgers misses time the Packers are in some serious trouble.

I can honestly say, nothing went right today and I disagree that we shouldn't be worried, Like it or not, this season is hanging in the balence and injuries aside, Mike McCarthy must fix this offense.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
zombieslayer
15 years ago
I think it's time to panic. Officially.
Mike McCarthy 's coaching sucks. It's too conservative. Was a top tier coach last year, this year, he's mediocre. Did Mike McCarthy get murdered and is this guy a doppleganger? If so, his doppleganger can't coach.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
Jari
15 years ago

Mike McCarthy 's coaching sucks. It's too conservative. Was a top tier coach last year, this year, he's mediocre. Did Mike McCarthy get murdered and is this guy a doppleganger? If so, his doppleganger can't coach.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I think I will have to agree with you on the coaching....Well to me in both the Cow Girls game and the Bucs...we lost cuase of our defense...Plain and simple...I mean the Offense is "O.K"....like we will get an interception only to have Rodgers rushed and his Pocket get broken like glass...

defensive wise we need to step it up...and Im sick and tired of getting an interception only to have it end in a punt....

Im starting to miss Al Harris already....
blank
Jari
15 years ago

C'mon, you guys knew that the Packers would have some ups and downs this year...

"Rockjock07" wrote:

I agree. I hope people won't panic because of this loss, although I must say for the most part on this site people are worried but not yet panicking that the apocalypse has come in Packerland, which is refreshing.

If we blow this badly against the Falcons next week, heck I'll be the captain of the panic boat. Until then, I don't want to get too down on the basis of this game.

There are causes for concern, but nothing that should cause anyone to worry about this team's place at the top of the NFC North.

I think there are some serious reasons for concern. First off, the DL did not get any push, so I'm not sure what game you were watching. In fact, I'm not sure a DLmen got a sack.

IMO the offense was and has been the problem this season. It all starts with the OL. They are not opening up holes without holding people plus they can't protect the QB. If they don't get better they give the ball faster to Frost who has been awful and then the defense is forced to play above their head.

Then there are injuries. Rodgers, Hawk, Jenkins and that's just some notables today. If Rodgers misses time the Packers are in some serious trouble.

I can honestly say, nothing went right today and I disagree that we shouldn't be worried, Like it or not, this season is hanging in the balence and injuries aside, Mike McCarthy must fix this offense.

"vikesrule" wrote:

Man...I wish I would have read your response....I agree 100 percent....the thing that pissed me off today was not really the loss...but the fact that the O.L failed ONCE AGAIN to protect Rodgers....Also the Injuries are just a tip of a really bad Game. Mike McCarthy is letting me down...but Win or Loss the Pack are my team...and if we have a bad season due to injuries....I hope the Packs step it up a notch if Rodgers is out...

I still can't believe we lost....
blank
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

"Rockjock07" wrote:

I think you'll agree that it's flawed to judge the push or pressure a line got solely by the number of sacks they generated.

I'll say it again, the line was solid enough to give us a shot to win the game. I don't think you can ask for more than that from them. The fact that the D was gassed, the D-Line ended up being gassed can hardly be blamed on the D-line. Our O was in no rhythm whatsoever, the time of possession ratio was nearly 2:1 in favor of the Bucs. You can't expect a D-Line to do spectacular things when the other team has the ball near 40 minutes.

"Rockjock07" wrote:

Rodgers is of big concern, no doubt about it. If he is going to miss extended time, then McCarthy and Ted are going to have some 'splanin to do. But early indications are that the injury won't force him to miss extended time. (that's to say he'll be back before the bye week)

But it isn't as if the others (Hawk, Jenkins) will be the difference between a playoff season and a non-playoff season. We've got solid back-ups for a reason.

Like it or not, this season is hanging in the balence and injuries aside, Mike McCarthy must fix this offense.

"Rockjock07" wrote:

Really? The season is already hanging in the balance after week 4? That's panicking IMO, if the Packers lose to the Falcons, then I would understand that sentiment.

The Packers have lost to two playoff teams, and it wasn't as if they were out matched terribly with either team. The D kept them in both games, and Defence wins championships.

Surely the Offense will not be as bad and sporadic as it is now. We've seen it before, last year, and it got fixed. It'll happen again, this isn't something foreign to the Packers coaching staff.

We've got very weak Atlanta and Seattle teams coming up. Followed by a Colts team missing it's heart on D (Sanders). We've got winnable games coming up, it isn't as if our season is only against top-notch opponents the rest of the way.

Don't think these past two weeks were make or break for this team. They weren't. The real tests are still a ways away. Next week is the Falcons, week 5 of a 17 week NFL season.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Greg C.
15 years ago
I agree with AADP that it's not time to panic. But it is tiime to be worried, at least. This is three games in a row where the Packers have not won the line of scrimmage battle. (I'd call it a draw agains the Lions, who are an awful team, and clear losses against the Cowboys and Bucaneers.)

I don't think McCarthy's play-calling is the problem. I wish it were that simple. As somebody said earlier, football is about blocking and tackling, and those are the things the Packers aren't doing well. Oddly enough, the secondary, in spite of all the injuries, is not playing that badly. But opposing QB's are getting too much time to throw the ball. Our defense needs to mix it up and run some blitzes. On offense, it's mostly about blocking people.

By the way, where was Ruvell Martin yesterday? I didn't even see him. Were we playing with three WR's again? If that was the case, it may have been part of the problem. Our receivers and TE's seem to be well-covered most of the time.
blank
Cheesey
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Zombie.....when you are wrong, i will be the first to point it out. I disagreed with you on this topic before.
But now, i have to say you are 100% right, i was wrong. Mike McCarthy has been TERRIBLE.
The run wasn't working AT ALL on first down, yet what did he keep doing??? Yup.....run. Then you have 2nd and long.....now what do you HAVE to do? Pass. He did that all game, and it NEVER WORKED. Gee.....you would THINK he would TRY something different. What did he have to lose?
I kept yelling at the TV......."1st down......gee.....i wonder what RUN Mike McCarthy will call?"
Your right Zombie WAAAAAAAY too conservative.
UserPostedImage
Rockjock07
15 years ago

I think you'll agree that it's flawed to judge the push or pressure a line got solely by the number of sacks they generated.

I'll say it again, the line was solid enough to give us a shot to win the game. I don't think you can ask for more than that from them. The fact that the D was gassed, the D-Line ended up being gassed can hardly be blamed on the D-line. Our O was in no rhythm whatsoever, the time of possession ratio was nearly 2:1 in favor of the Bucs. You can't expect a D-Line to do spectacular things when the other team has the ball near 40 minutes.

"Rockjock07" wrote:

Rodgers is of big concern, no doubt about it. If he is going to miss extended time, then McCarthy and Ted are going to have some 'splanin to do. But early indications are that the injury won't force him to miss extended time. (that's to say he'll be back before the bye week)

But it isn't as if the others (Hawk, Jenkins) will be the difference between a playoff season and a non-playoff season. We've got solid back-ups for a reason.

Like it or not, this season is hanging in the balence and injuries aside, Mike McCarthy must fix this offense.

"Rockjock07" wrote:

Really? The season is already hanging in the balance after week 4? That's panicking IMO, if the Packers lose to the Falcons, then I would understand that sentiment.

The Packers have lost to two playoff teams, and it wasn't as if they were out matched terribly with either team. The D kept them in both games, and Defence wins championships.

Surely the Offense will not be as bad and sporadic as it is now. We've seen it before, last year, and it got fixed. It'll happen again, this isn't something foreign to the Packers coaching staff.

We've got very weak Atlanta and Seattle teams coming up. Followed by a Colts team missing it's heart on D (Sanders). We've got winnable games coming up, it isn't as if our season is only against top-notch opponents the rest of the way.

Don't think these past two weeks were make or break for this team. They weren't. The real tests are still a ways away. Next week is the Falcons, week 5 of a 17 week NFL season.

"Rockjock07" wrote:

I understand your points but I look at it in a different way. Lets start with the OL, they have continued to draw flags, not open holes for the running game, and protect the qb even worse. I can understand these mistakes in the first couple of weeks but they looked their worst yesterday which shouldn't happen.

Also the run game is a joke. It started like that last year and by the end of the season last year Grant was amazing and the OL was dominating, barely letting anyone touch Brett. Aaron can make any throw but with no run game and no time its going to be really hard for him or anyone to play well. Get those things fixed and maybe, and that's a big maybe, the packers could beat the seahawks if Rodgers misses time.

Also, I'm not sure where you got your news on Rodgers but lets assume for a minute that he's back by the Titan game, in that time the packers will have gone 1-2 maybe even 0-3. They will probably win this week but only if Brohm plays. 2-5 means the end of the season, if they win this week and lose the next two then they are 3-4 which is still ok but then they move into the hard part of the schedule.

no one knows about Aaron, but however long it is, this team is going to struggle and then plays 2 tough road games right out of their bye week.

Week 5 of 17 doesn't mean anything, key injuries can take you out of season as early as week 1, Tom Brady is a great example of that. A significatnt injury at the QB position will kill anyteam. Granted, Aaron will probably not be out all season but it doesn't matter, if he's gone 4-6 weeks this team is not good enough to overcome that, especially with this OL and running game.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (5h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (21h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (21h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (21h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (22h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : β€œWe’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#Γ—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.