longtimefan
15 years ago

So, ah, what's the name of your source? Because that's some powerful stuff you've been smoking/drinking/snorting/injecting

"luigis" wrote:

I'm a friend of a former Starbucks employee that now cleans the street around Lambeau but this is not from him!
I had this idea of not playing to win this year from TT's moves specially for his non-moves.

When I read from Mike McCarthy that we are using a reduced playbook this year it made sense because we can't go very far with the run-run-pass approach and the 4 or 5 magnificent plays we have :)

"bigfog" wrote:

where did he say that with AR?
unless this is new stuff

.he said it was all media hype when asked about changing the play book to suit Aaron Rodgers during the suumer
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Reduced playbook? I can confirm that is bullshit. McCarthy has said numerous times they did not have any restrictions on the playbook once so ever.

Unreal what some people say to get attention and to make people think negative of others just because they have misguided perceptions of them. Pretty sad.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

Reduced playbook? I can confirm that is bullshit. McCarthy has said numerous times they did not have any restrictions on the playbook once so ever.

Unreal what some people say to get attention and to make people think negative of others just because they have misguided perceptions of them. Pretty sad.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

unless he is thinking Mike McCarthy is going to do that for flynn?
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

unless he is thinking Mike McCarthy is going to do that for flynn?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

For Flynn, a rookie, I would expect that.
UserPostedImage
obi1
15 years ago
Packers will be fine. They are hurting because of injuries and playing poorly be cause of the constant changes in the line up.

One would thing that Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson know better than ANYONE on THIS board as to what to do and how to overcome a Packer related issue.

OR it could be OUR egos and self-importance which causes us to think that WE know better.

Whether we choose to have/believe such things as it was written about Ted Thompson and MM's writing off of the season isn't going to help matters any will it?
blank
warhawk
15 years ago
Is this crap about Ted "building for the future" ever going to end? This has been said ever since he got here even though we have had one of the best winning percentages in the league over the last couple of years.

We have umpteen guys hurt and the "O" line has had to be shuffled around and they have yet to get their act together. McCarthy has shown the ability to turn this kind of thing around every other time they hit a bump in the road and he's consistant in how he approaches it.

He doesn't panic, places emphasis on the basics, and makes sure he doesn't rush players back from injury which I believe is a big reason we are so strong down the stretch. It boils down to blocking and tackling and we haven't done very well the last couple of games but there is no one better at bring it back to the basics than MM.

If we can keep players off the ground and get them back in the game we will be fine.
"The train is leaving the station."
brnt247
15 years ago
Not to be mean, but every thread I've been opening lately is full of idiotic opinionated posts with people honestly thinking that their opinions are the truth. I understand some of you are upset about Brett being let go, but if you can't see that this was obviously the better choice then please do the people who have gotten over it a favor, and keep your mouth shut about a topic that you obviously don't know anything about.

I know I'm not a big name here or anything, but I love to talk Packers and break down games with anyone who's willing to. I value everyone's opinions, but only when they broadcast their opinions for what they are worth, and that is opinions.
blank
PackerTraxx
15 years ago

Interesting theory.. but then why if he wasn't planning on being competitive until 2010.. would he not have pulled the trigger on the Browns offer before the Harrell pick?

"pack93z" wrote:

That move seemed inconsistent to TT's MO, pick up 2 high choices for 1.
I wish he would have done that.

Whatever happens this year, with all the injuries, so be it. If they get the ship righted, great. If not I'll look forward to a blue chip draft which could put us over the hump as an elite team.

As for Sunday's game the bad news was the quality of play and the good news was that it was the quality of play and not the quality of players.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
zombieslayer
15 years ago

One would thing that Mike McCarthy andTed Thompsonknow better than ANYONE on THIS board as to what to do and how to overcome a Packer related issue.

"obi1" wrote:

Sorry, Amigo, but just because someone has a title, doesn't mean they're the expert. Case in point, Matt Millen. Case in point, Al Davis.

I think there are at least half a dozen people here who could have drafted and traded better than those two in the past few years. Title means inside info, yes, I agree. But Ted Thompson is not perfect. Nobody is, so not singling Ted Thompson out.

The book The Wizard of Oz made fun of the whole title thing, how people thought they had to have a certificate in order to be smart. I know people in this industry who never even had a day in college who can program circles around people with Masters Degrees. I also know people with Masters Degrees who you wonder how they still have a job. And yes, football is a business, just like any other business. It's just theirs is more fun to watch. You'd fall asleep watching me work.

Now, I fully think Ted Thompson has made some mistakes. I don't sweep them under the rug. I call 'em as I see 'em. Has he drafted well? Yes. One of the best. But Harrell is heading towards bust status, letting Corey Williams go was a mistake. I actually stood by him by drafting 2 QBs and not picking up a Vet and I still do. Letting BF go was a mistake. But other than that, his drafts, I'll put 'em up against any other GM in the league and would probably put him in the top 5. Pickett, great pickup. Woody, I can't say enough praise for, and everyone else thought he was a bust.

Implying you can't criticize a professional is asinine. EVERYONE makes mistakes, and it is ok to call them on it. Imagine if you're not allowed to call politicians on the mistakes they make. Well, we're football fans. We have big mouths and big opinions. Let them be heard.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Letting Corey Williams go was a mistake? What has he done since leaving?

To keep him we would have had to break the bank, he wasn't worth that type of money. We had several good DT behind him. Remember Jolly and they were high on some other kid too.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (11h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (14h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (15h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.