15 years ago
Every one here has said 4-3, or 5-2.

Me? Im just looking for 3-2 right now.

I am as optimistic as any about our chances, but to coin a phrase:

One game at a time!
blank
twebdonny
15 years ago

Will somebody please define the difference between not playing to lose and playing to win?

"Greg C." wrote:

Playing to win would be goin for the juggler, the knockout punch. Taking a risk by throwing one deep a time or two trying to catch the team off guard.

Playing not to lose, is not taking those chances cuz they could be intercepted or what not and just doing safe run plays to eat clock.

I could go more in depth, but I'm tired.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

What if they try to throw deep, but the QB gets sacked because one or two linemen can't hold their blocks? Then the fans complain that they should've run the ball or thrown a short pass.

These play-calling debates can go around and around forever. When the Packers lose (and even when they win, for that matter) fans will say one of two things:

1. The play-calling was too conservative.

2. They gave up on the running game too soon.

Sometimes the fans say both of those things at the same time. Sometimes there is some truth to the criticisms, but what it really comes down to is that the players have to win their battles. And they're not winning those battles enough, especially on the offensive line.

"obi1" wrote:

Gave up on the running game...? What running game did you see?

DJ
www.travel-ascending.com
porky88
15 years ago

That is what I think we will be at.. wins against Atlanta and Seattle and a high scoring loss to Indy.

Altanta has a was to go and Seattle is as one dimensional as a team can get right now.. they added a couple of vet WR.. but it will be a work in progress in the passing game.

Indy.. I think we can score against that D.. but question is can we keep up?

"pack93z" wrote:

I think one game at a time is the best approach to take. However, Seattle is going to be a tough place to go to and win regardless of how good our team is or isn't. That's just the way it is up there.

Atlanta could beat the Packers. In fact they can beat the Pack with Rodgers. If Turner goes through this defense up and down and Rodgers plays poorly, GB will lose.

Indy I agree is setup to be a high scoring game.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Atlanta, i think we win.
Seattle, we wont win this game because its AT seattle
Indianapolis, i think this was my homer pick so I'll stick to that we beat them, no Bob Sanders should help
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago

With the way our D is playing the run, I'm pretty concerned about that Atlanta game. I could see Turner going off for 200 yards we're playing so badly vs. the run.

"TOPackerFan" wrote:

I have to agree with you on this people say this should be an easy game but we CANNOT stop the run and thats what Atlanta lives on. Then someone on here said Seattle is one dimensional and the problem is they run the ball oh and they are tough in Seattle. Then finally the Colts by then i believe Manning will be back into sync with his receivers after all he didnt get to practice with them until the week before the season started so i could easily see 2-5 at the break. And like i see alot on here we do have the same o-line as last year but had a qb that knew what he was doing most of the time :blackeye:. Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy made these choices and now we have to live with it. One last note does it seem like the team has no fire at all in it, no joking around or stuff like that. To me Rodgers has looked like he's been playing scared the past 2 weeks.

Graham Harrell in green and gold in 2009
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
obi1
15 years ago

Will somebody please define the difference between not playing to lose and playing to win?

"twebdonny" wrote:

Playing to win would be goin for the juggler, the knockout punch. Taking a risk by throwing one deep a time or two trying to catch the team off guard.

Playing not to lose, is not taking those chances cuz they could be intercepted or what not and just doing safe run plays to eat clock.

I could go more in depth, but I'm tired.

"Greg C." wrote:

What if they try to throw deep, but the QB gets sacked because one or two linemen can't hold their blocks? Then the fans complain that they should've run the ball or thrown a short pass.

These play-calling debates can go around and around forever. When the Packers lose (and even when they win, for that matter) fans will say one of two things:

1. The play-calling was too conservative.

2. They gave up on the running game too soon.

Sometimes the fans say both of those things at the same time. Sometimes there is some truth to the criticisms, but what it really comes down to is that the players have to win their battles. And they're not winning those battles enough, especially on the offensive line.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Gave up on the running game...? What running game did you see?

DJ

"obi1" wrote:

I actually know the difference but I don't understand why the fans think that running out the clock is NOT playing to win. LAST year, w/o the running game, Packers won a lot of the close games. I am not saying not to throw the ball but the clock will kill the losing team faster than the team that is winning on the scoreboard. The key is DEFENSE.

We have displyed very little control defense at the point of attack.
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
We weren't running out the clock. Weren't we behind lol ??? ? ? ? ? ?
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
Well at least I got the record correct.. 4-3 isn't bad considering the 3 game skid.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
WhiskeySam
15 years ago
It's all about perspective. We're feeling pretty good about 4-3 given where we were three weeks ago. The Cowboys are acting like their season is over...at 4-3. Crazy league.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (13h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (16h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.