hosemeoff
15 years ago
I hope the Pack doesn't go after Lito. It seems like a panic button move for one of our stronger positions. Lito has always been overrated as a corner. He'll make a few highlight reel plays, but he gives up more big plays to the opponents. I think of him the same way as DeAngelo Hall. Mega hype coming out of school due to great punt returns and interception returns, but not a dependable corner.
blank
Gravedigga
15 years ago

DEPENDING on what we have to give up, regardless of Al Harris' injury I would want us to go after him.

I'm a sucker for good players, what can I say?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

We're gonna have an extra 2nd rounder from the Jets and we have boat loads of cap money to front load his deal along with some other players deals. Imagine going up against the Giants or Cowboys with Harris & Lito on the outsides and Chuck Wood stalking the guy in the slot. Hell, we could run the nickel all game long. In 2 receiver sets, i'd much rather see Woodson covering the rb or tight end than A.J. Hawk. Would make us deep and versatile.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
pack_in_black
15 years ago
Asomugha would be awesome... ..... ... wah.

But, I can see him breaking the bank in ATL or Miami or somewhere that sucks and can afford to devote half their salary cap towards him. Sadly, we all know our GM. And as effective as his methods have appeared, he usually leaves us wanting come FA time.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to Pack93z for the sig!
porky88
15 years ago

My money says thatTed Thompsonwill go after that kid in Oakland, who will be freed from his sentence as a Raider after this year. If the team, in fact, is looking for a big splash FA in the secondary, he is the guy.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Yeah us and anybody else that has some money. This guy will make much more than Clements did two years ago.

"digsthepack" wrote:

My guess is he'll sign the largest free agent contract ever. I think Thompson isn't going to go for that.

Lito is unhappy as the nickel in Philly so we should go get him because he'd be happy as the nickel in Green Bay.

Is that what's going on?

I think Lito is a nice little player, but without a running game on offense to keep the defense off the field, doesn't really matter who's back there against the Giants and Cowboys in the playoffs assuming GB gets that far.
shield4life
15 years ago
I'd give a 2nd for him ... if he we're to resign for a long term contract
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Being serious now.

I'm kind of ignorant on the definition of FS and SS so forgive my suptidity if I position them wrong by our personnel.

RE Montgomery / Hunter
DT Pickett
DT Jolly
LE Kampman

WLB Poppinga
MLB Barnett
SLB Hawk

CB Lito Sheppard
CB Harris (Tramon Williams)
FS Collins
SS Woodson

You may recall there being much discussion about Woodson playing Safety, many think thats why he chose GB over TB... because we were going to have him play CB. Truth be told, it was money, that was HIS words. He also said he'd play ANY position to help the team win. I believe him.

I have three or four more scenarios/packages in mind and when to deploy them but ... man the more I think about getting Sheppard the more I am liking it. I know I'm teasing myself cuz Ted will not make that trade because the Eagles will want an arm an a leg and Ted's gonna only offer a finger nail or something.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
With the way Woodson is playing man up this season, why would you want to take the best cover corner we have an move him to safety?

Harris maybe.. but he isn't a sure tackler at this point either.

Lito is an option if Harris doesn't appear to be coming back.. IMO.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Because Harris is not suitable for Safety, Woodson is. Letting him roam around and ball hawk would create many more turn overs. Right now, offenses can take their WR that is being covered by Woodson an run him out of the action. As Safety that won't be so easy to do and will give him more opportunities to make plays. Plus, he's a better tackler than most of our secondary which will help in the run support.
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

Being serious now.

I'm kind of ignorant on the definition of FS and SS so forgive my suptidity if I position them wrong by our personnel.

RE Montgomery / Hunter
DT Pickett
DT Jolly
LE Kampman

WLB Poppinga
MLB Barnett
SLB Hawk

CB Lito Sheppard
CB Harris (Tramon Williams)
FS Collins
SS Woodson

You may recall there being much discussion about Woodson playing Safety, many think thats why he chose GB over TB... because we were going to have him play CB. Truth be told, it was money, that was HIS words. He also said he'd play ANY position to help the team win. I believe him.

I have three or four more scenarios/packages in mind and when to deploy them but ... man the more I think about getting Sheppard the more I am liking it. I know I'm teasing myself cuz Ted will not make that trade because the Eagles will want an arm an a leg and Ted's gonna only offer a finger nail or something.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Since we're dreaming (hey, I love a good cornerback -- sue me), I rather think that given the number of times we're out in our nickel package, w/ some sweet sweet money Lito could be persuaded. I think a lot of what's got him pissed in Philly is that they went out and spent a bunch on Samuels -- bruised ego. If we show some love I don't think he'd insist on being the 1 or 2 CB.

I'm not so much keen on moving anyone around, position-wise, really. I'm concerned that Al might not be back as soon as people are hoping, and I also think that w/ the youth we have on the offense side of the ball we're better off trying to maintain a very high level of play on the defense. So I want Lito for insurance on Al's spleen and to keep our secondary solid in the years to come.

Yeah, I know -- I'm just dreaming. I get that. Then again, I was just dreaming when I wanted Ted to go out and get ChuckWood, and that happened.
blank
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (23h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (23h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (23h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.