Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sschind  
#21 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 6:37:11 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Just a quick serious question for those of you who saw the scrimmage. Do the good plays you all talk about make you feel better for the guy who made them or do you think the guy defending him just sucked. Obviously if a RB breaks two tackles and has a good run that looks good but then again two guys missed tackles right. Everybody talks about the good night Lacy had but others are quick to point out that it was against the Packers run defense so what do you take away from it all? The good run performance or the poor defensive performance.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#22 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 6:44:59 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

I think most people talking trash are rival team fans.

It was a scrimmage so the defense was not playing full go. This was more still about evaluating decision making and executing the right plays. The real test will come during the pre-season games.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline play2win  
#23 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 7:11:51 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Just a quick serious question for those of you who saw the scrimmage. Do the good plays you all talk about make you feel better for the guy who made them or do you think the guy defending him just sucked. Obviously if a RB breaks two tackles and has a good run that looks good but then again two guys missed tackles right. Everybody talks about the good night Lacy had but others are quick to point out that it was against the Packers run defense so what do you take away from it all? The good run performance or the poor defensive performance.

Hi sschind,

I recorded it and watched it twice to get a good read. I would say in every case, these guys were making some really special plays, rather than benefitting from miscues from the opposing player.

We've been around this long enough to know, and it is a great question, but, you'll see soon enough. Eddie Lacy, IMO, could well be the steal of the 2013 draft. Unbelievable.
Offline sschind  
#24 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 2:14:35 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

It was a scrimmage so the defense was not playing full go. This was more still about evaluating decision making and executing the right plays

Good points. If guys are dropping passes and completely missing assignments that is a bad thing for sure. I guess the actual results of the plays are not as important as if they were executed properly and guys were in the right position.

I would say in every case, these guys were making some really special plays, rather than benefitting from miscues from the opposing player.

I guess that's what I really wanted to know, thanks.

I hope I can see the preseason game Friday night. I don't have a TV and I can't afford to go sit in a bar to watch a preseason game so if my sister and Brother in law (the Bears fans) don't invite me over I'll have to rely on you guys. Oh crap, I just remembered I'll be sitting around a campfire drinking beer and I don't even know if they will have TV reception so seeing the game may be out of the question.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline nerdmann  
#25 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 3:00:20 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,706
Applause Received: 664

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
It was a scrimmage so the defense was not playing full go. This was more still about evaluating decision making and executing the right plays

Good points. If guys are dropping passes and completely missing assignments that is a bad thing for sure. I guess the actual results of the plays are not as important as if they were executed properly and guys were in the right position.

I would say in every case, these guys were making some really special plays, rather than benefitting from miscues from the opposing player.

I guess that's what I really wanted to know, thanks.

I hope I can see the preseason game Friday night. I don't have a TV and I can't afford to go sit in a bar to watch a preseason game so if my sister and Brother in law (the Bears fans) don't invite me over I'll have to rely on you guys. Oh crap, I just remembered I'll be sitting around a campfire drinking beer and I don't even know if they will have TV reception so seeing the game may be out of the question.

I think it was starters v second teamers on both sides.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed