Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:46:00 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Received: 97

JSOnline Blog wrote:
Green Bay --- The switch, initially, could have been interpreted as forced, as messing with a good thing.
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Rios39 on 8/18/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:04:05 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

He looks pretty damn good in those drills...
Offline yooperfan  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:37:24 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 633
Applause Received: 293

I don't have a lot of faith in this move and I'm not counting on Mike Neal being there when the season opens.
It seems like the Packers are grasping at straws trying to find an opposite for Mathews.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:07:17 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
I don't have a lot of faith in this move and I'm not counting on Mike Neal being there when the season opens.
It seems like the Packers are grasping at straws trying to find an opposite for Mathews.


He's gonna most likely backup Matthews and Perry. I'm actually pretty confident in Neals ability. The guy has always be athletic for a 3-4 DE. Now he's at an acceptable 275 which I am fine with at OLB. I bet he could surprise with his coverage too. I think if he can translate to the position we'll have some depth at OLB, that after the draft we thought we didn't have. He just needs to be healthy and he could be dynamic.

Imagine Matthews, Perry, Neal, and Jones on the field at the same time. Woo, wow that sounds a lot better than years past.
thanks Post received 3 applause.
play2win on 8/15/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 8/15/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 8/15/2013(UTC)
Offline beast  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:05:51 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
He's gonna most likely backup Matthews and Perry. I'm actually pretty confident in Neals ability. The guy has always be athletic for a 3-4 DE. Now he's at an acceptable 275 which I am fine with at OLB. I bet he could surprise with his coverage too. I think if he can translate to the position we'll have some depth at OLB, that after the draft we thought we didn't have. He just needs to be healthy and he could be dynamic.

Imagine Matthews, Perry, Neal, and Jones on the field at the same time. Woo, wow that sounds a lot better than years past.



I remember after the Packers drafted him, I went back and watched his combine video of the DL... I thought he looked like an over sized throwback LB who would be great against the run and questionible in coverage more so than a DT, which he played in college.

And honestly I was calling for them to put Neal at 3-4 OLB at times in 2011, the OLB other than Matthews and Perry have looked pretty bad to me... other than Zombo in 2010 but he got worse after his rookie seasn.



I find it very interesting that the Packers late round OLB draft picks seem to keep getting cut as rookies, while they keep picking up UDFA OLB which play well as rookies and then seem to take a step back in the years after that. I'm just wondering why that is.



America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline olds70supreme  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:19:59 PM(UTC)
olds70supreme

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/10/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 42

Pretty nifty move put on Kuhn at the end there, who almost fell over.

It would be nice if Neal functioned well as a LB. Given his past experience he would then be able to provide depth at both LB and DL. He might not end up being great at either but it would be valuable to have a solid player to sub in and give CMIII, Perry, and the DL a breather.
blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 8/15/2013(UTC)
Offline beast  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:44:22 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: olds70supreme Go to Quoted Post
Pretty nifty move put on Kuhn at the end there, who almost fell over.

It would be nice if Neal functioned well as a LB. Given his past experience he would then be able to provide depth at both LB and DL. He might not end up being great at either but it would be valuable to have a solid player to sub in and give CMIII, Perry, and the DL a breather.


Also there were rumors about them going to a 3-3 dime package which I haven't heard about them doing in training camp, so the rumor could be false ...

But a pass rush passage of

DL: Daniels, Raji, Jones

LB: Perry, Matthews, Neal

should be a good pass rush unit ... at least on paper.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DarkaneRules on 8/15/2013(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:41:23 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Look at him in pictures next to Matthews and Perry. He certainly looks the part. Interesting development. He was my biggest surprise last pre-season, so I really hope he stays healthy now!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:52:24 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Perry isn't looking half bad either. He just needs to develop pass rush moves, and he'll be a better player. Can't wait to see what a fully healthy Nick Perry can do. I'm rooting for him and Neal.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DarkaneRules on 8/15/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 8/15/2013(UTC)
Online nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:32:52 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Look at him in pictures next to Matthews and Perry. He certainly looks the part. Interesting development. He was my biggest surprise last pre-season, so I really hope he stays healthy now!


Losing some of that excessive muscle mass might help him stay healthier.

Knock on wood!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

6m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool