steveishere
10 years ago

Bullsh!t. I'm sick of this. Watch the F'ing game.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

The Packers weren't even pass rushing him half the time. Guy had clean pockets all day long.
DoddPower
10 years ago

The Packers weren't even pass rushing him half the time. Guy had clean pockets all day long.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

They really weren't. It was VERY obvious that their main goal was to contain Kaepernick the majority of the time. At least the outside rushers. The few times contain was lost, the QB gained a few yards running.

And to say Colin Kaepernick is better than Aaron Rodgers is a huge stretch. If Aaron Rodgers was the quarterback of the 49'ers, he would be absolutely unstoppable, more so than Kaepernick, imo. One can't even compare the SF offensive line or defense as a whole to the Packers. Night and day, and that makes a huge difference on the quarterback play of both teams. The Packers last play of the game was a perfect example: the offensive line can't even give Rodgers enough time to throw the ball during a three man rush. Pathetic. How many first round picks are the 49'ers starting on their offensive line? Three I think. The 49'ers coaching is also MUCH better than the Packers. Again, not even close. When adding up better talent and much better coaching (and discipline and overall health), it makes everyone's job easier, and ultimately, QB comparisons impossible.

For me, the 49'ers are going to have to win a Super Bowl before I view them to be truly great. They have came close, but haven't been able to pull through despite facing a team with less talent (the Ravens, especially at that point due to injuries). They are better than the Packers, but I don't see the Packers even making the Super Bowl this season, although anything can happen.

Either way, the Packers are a good team but still have a few too many holes to be great, both on the roster and coaching.
play2win
10 years ago

Not true. Watch the game. Both players had their times of solid pass pro and not so solid where both were forced to pull it down and run.

Our DL was actually pretty good. We just chose a game of keep up, with no Safeties on our side to speak of, and SF made more plays, and Harbaugh called a better game, with more prepared players.

All day, we were forced to react to them, and not the other way around. Regardless, a notion of Keapernick just sitting back there in the pocket the whole game, with all day to throw is not true.

Kaepernick made more plays.
play2win
10 years ago

They really weren't. It was VERY obvious that their main goal was to contain Kaepernick the majority of the time. At least the outside rushers. The few times contain was lost, the QB gained a few yards running.

And to say Colin Kaepernick is better than Aaron Rodgers is absolutely laughable. If Aaron Rodgers was the quarterback of the 49'ers, he would be absolutely unstoppable, more so than Kaepernick, imo. One can't even compare the SF offensive line or defense as a whole to the Packers. Night and day, and that makes a huge difference on the quarterback play of both teams. The Packers last play of the game was a perfect example: the offensive line can't even give Rodgers enough time to throw the ball during a three man rush. Pathetic. How many first round picks are the 49'ers starting on their offensive line? Three I think. The 49'ers coaching is also MUCH better than the Packers. Again, not even close. When adding up better talent and much better coaching (and discipline and overall health), it makes everyone's job easier, and ultimately, QB comparisons impossible.

For me, the 49'ers are going to have to win a Super Bowl before I view them to be truly great. They have came close, but haven't been able to pull through despite facing a team with less talent (the Ravens, especially at that point due to injuries). They are better than the Packers, but I don't see the Packers even making the Super Bowl this season, although anything can happen.

Either way, the Packers are a good team but still have a few too many holes to be great, both on the roster and coaching.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Quite honestly, I think you are crossing the line of homerism.

I love Rodgers and am thrilled to have him as our QB, but I'm willing to admit that maybe this kid is offering more at the position, and maybe making more plays to win games with nearly equal offensive talent around him.
GermanGilbert
10 years ago

Not true. Watch the game. Both players had their times of solid pass pro and not so solid where both were forced to pull it down and run.

The Packers started their pass rush late in the 2nd, nothing before. I remember FOX showing the numbers for Kaepernick sometimes in the 2nd. 13 (or 17?) dropbacks, 0 hurries, 0 hits, 0 sacks. That's not what I call pass rush.

blank
steveishere
10 years ago

Our DL was actually pretty good. We just chose a game of keep up, with no Safeties on our side to speak of, and SF made more plays, and Harbaugh called a better game, with more prepared players.

All day, we were forced to react to them, and not the other way around. Regardless, a notion of Keapernick just sitting back there in the pocket the whole game, with all day to throw is not true.

Kaepernick made more plays.

Do you know how many times Clay Matthews even got near Kaepernick in the pocket? 3 whole times, and only touched him on 2 of those. You watch the game.
play2win
10 years ago

Do you know how many times Clay Matthews even got near Kaepernick in the pocket? 3 whole times, and only touched him on 2 of those. You watch the game.

Well, now you are just spewing whatever you want to claiming it as fact. You are wrong steveishere. I've watched the game twice. Kaepernick simply made more plays than Rodgers.

I wonder how many non-Packer fans would agree with you. Unbiased football fans.
steveishere
10 years ago

Well, now you are just spewing whatever you want to claiming it as fact. You are wrong steveishere. I've watched the game twice. Kaepernick simply made more plays than Rodgers.

That Kaepernick had cleaner pockets than Rodgers did? Probably all of them. I'm sure it's a well known fact that the Packers defense is just as hard to QB against as the SF defense and that the GB offensive line is every bit as good as the SF offensive line.
DoddPower
10 years ago

Of course he made more plays. That doesn't prove anything though because the QB isn't solely responsible for plays he does or doesn't make. Bolden was wide open often. Rodgers had to make some spectacular throws in combination with amazing catches to get several completions. Everyone can have an opinion, but I think if the QBs switched teams, Kaepernick would not enjoy the same level of success. The Packers aren't a very good team without Aaron Rodgers. With him, they can go toe-to-toe with the best of them and potentially win. The 49'ers are a good team in every aspect, including Colin Kaepernick. The guy couldn't be in a better situation, and he makes the most of it. Nothing against him at all, he can't control those external factors. But the level of talent around him is very impressive on both sides of the ball. Do you honestly think Rodgers wouldn't look a little better with a better running game, a MUCH better offensive line, a great defense, and incredible coaching? If you don't, then I don't know what else to say. If Kaepernick faced as much constant pressure from opposing defenses as Rodgers does throughout a season and playoffs, I feel very confident that he wouldn't react as well. I can't prove it, because it almost never happens. But history shows that many other mobile QB's didn't fair well in similar conditions. Kaepernick could be an exception, but that's yet to be determined presently.

That's why I said in my previous post, that ultimately, a comparison can't be made because they are simply too many variables to evaluate. If you want to evaluate QB play based on one game, well, that's one thing. I choose to use the bigger picture, and I have yet to see Colin Kaepernick match Aaron Rodgers' 2010 playoff run, as a whole throughout the Super Bowl. Or the 2011 season, or multiple other incredible stretches. Sure, Rodgers had a better team in 2010 than he does now, but I can't say it was clearly better than the current 49'ers.

None of this is a dis to Colin Kaepernick. He's obviously very, very good. However, I would argue that the 49'ers win more as a team than most other teams in recent memory. Props to them for that. They execute well in all phases consistently, which is truly the mark of a good team.
play2win
10 years ago
Actually, our OL did not play that bad. Did they have breakdowns in our last two series in pass protection? Yes. SF's did too. Sitton had some penalties, but so did they. Bakhtiari played well, aside from an early whiff that led to a sack. EDS still needs work.

Whatever. Clearly we are having to allow McCarthy to prepare his team in season. Again. Chalk up this loss to the Packers staff still doing their homework late into Sunday night and trailing into Monday morning. They still don't have it done.
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (20h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (20h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (21h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (23h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.