Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gbguy20  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 11:03:26 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I also think some screens would have been pretty sweet yesterday. Remember that one to Lacy? I got wood from that play.

first succesful screen ive seen us run since the days of sherman and ahman
call me Dan
Offline Dulak  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 11:29:06 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 103

Nice post sschind!

reminds me of this game errr I thought it was last year; maybe falcons or ... bah I cant remember was going against a read option team - san fran or Washington or seattle ... anyways - they decided they were going to stop the read option also and dedicated one guy to always check the qb; problem was it was one guy used up and that let the other team use their running back much more effectively.
Offline steveishere  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 12:53:53 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

You don't understand Nerdman. If the offensive line is getting beat up on a majority of their plays you probably aren't going to have much luck if you are trying to go on a 15 play drive while only passing the ball. Also just because a drive took 2 minutes off the clock that doesn't mean the defense only got to rest for 2 minutes. An 8 play drive gives the defense 8 plays of rest whether it took 2 or 6 minutes off the clock. The offense ran the full time off the play clock on every play. 3 and outs hurt but that's what happens when you can't run and you get penalties.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 9/9/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 1:43:40 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,087
Applause Received: 528

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
You don't understand Nerdman. If the offensive line is getting beat up on a majority of their plays you probably aren't going to have much luck if you are trying to go on a 15 play drive while only passing the ball. Also just because a drive took 2 minutes off the clock that doesn't mean the defense only got to rest for 2 minutes. An 8 play drive gives the defense 8 plays of rest whether it took 2 or 6 minutes off the clock. The offense ran the full time off the play clock on every play. 3 and outs hurt but that's what happens when you can't run and you get penalties.

Yeah, I agree. Obviously, LONG drives that result in touchdowns are ideal. However, ideal situations aren't going to happen often against a team like the 49'ers. Ultimately, the goal is to score a touchdown, regardless of how it happens. Are the Packers supposed to turn down a long completion simply to try to sustain a longer drive?. BS. Take what's available. If the offense has an opportunity to score a touchdown, score it. Scoring on long drives is incredibly difficult, especially with the Packers offensive line and the SF defense. Ultimately, it's not going to happen very often. Small lapses in the defense must be taken advantage of when they present themselves, even if it's the first play every drive. It would be one thing if the Packers were averaging 5 yards per carry consistently up and down the field, but stopped running in order to pass. But that clearly wasn't the case in this game.

Besides, even when the defense was "fresh," they weren't stopping them very well, either.

Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 1:57:48 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

I have a thought: MD Jennings, Jerron McMillian and Jarret Bush had absolutely horrific games. Horrific. So did Ross and his really poor decision making.

Change that and we win this game.
Offline DoddPower  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 2:04:43 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I have a thought: MD Jennings, Jerron McMillian and Jarret Bush had absolutely horrific games. Horrific. So did Ross and his really poor decision making.

I did think that MD Jennings and McMillian had pathetic games. I obviously don't know all the defensive calls and whom was responsible for what, but from what I could tell, those guys sucked. BAD. I've never been a fan of Jennings. I like McMillian due do his physicality and speed, but my confidence is beginning to waiver in him, as well. I hoped/expected him to really take a step forward this season.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 9/11/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 2:27:15 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
I did think that MD Jennings and McMillian had pathetic games. I obviously don't know all the defensive calls and whom was responsible for what, but from what I could tell, those guys sucked. BAD. I've never been a fan of Jennings. I like McMillian due do his physicality and speed, but my confidence is beginning to waiver in him, as well. I hoped/expected him to really take a step forward this season.

They're good backups.

Micah Hyde is the future at S.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DoddPower  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 2:37:05 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
They're good backups.

Micah Hyde is the future at S.

At this point, I can't even say they're good backups. Perhaps adequate, but good just seems like a little much for me. McMillian clearly has the potential to be good, but he's not there yet, and may never be. I just don't like Jennings period, and never have. I don't think he's very good, and has a low ceiling.

Offline buckeyepackfan  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 3:22:00 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post

So your solution is cut these 4 players.

Who is going to play in their place?

You can express your disappointment all you want on THE TEAMS performance.

These are the guys Ted and Mike have decided give The Packers the best chance to succeed in 2013.

They aren't going anywhere, I will agree with you that Ross could be in trouble, he is the #5 receiver and can easily be replaced.

The rest are going to be important parts of the defense/special teams the rest of this year.

Let The 49rs be the so called "best" team in The NFL, its week 1, the only people who make a big deal out of week 1 rankings are "the talking heads" in the media.

I can't remember at anytime a team winning a championship in September, disappointing loss yes, end of the season, NO!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 4:17:36 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

I don't see them cutting their Safteys. Sure you wanna cut Jennings, but like buckeye said. It wouldn't do anything. Best thing you can do is bench Jennings. Maybe bring in a street free agent. Try out Banjo, what else do we have to lose? I want to see Jennings only on special teams, where he made this team in the first place.

I say give Banjo a shot if Burnett can't go next week and if Jennings is struggling. We need a spark there I think we could get that from Banjo pared up with McMillian. The coaching staff might be to stubburn, but we need something man.

My game plan against running QBs. Just blitz the shit out them, and play aggressive man to man coverage. Seriously! Kaepernick, Wilson, RG3 aren't only good at running the football, they can throw the football well too. Do not make them feel comfortable in the pocket with a 4 man rush. Fill all those gaps up and make them feel pressured to get the ball out quickly and cause turnovers. Just like we did against Wilson in the preseason, that worked like magic. Sure you have to account for their running ablity, but our Defensive line is more stout and understand how to play it now. As well more for the LBs too. The thing that beat us against the 49ers is we let their big guys, Bolden, Davis, get open because we did not do shit to make them uncomfortable at the line of scrimmage. At the times we played them aggressively it worked. But most of the time, we tried to contain more then challenge them.

Use Hyde to were he is fit to play the best football. Around the line of scrimmage. Get the kid more playing time. He is a better nickel corner than Bush. Throw him in the mold and the more and more as the game and the season goes on he will make plays. I saw him blitz yesterday and Matthews did that stunt sack. That was very successful. I think they should use him more, and just play aggressive football like Dom likes.
Rss Feed