Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:51:38 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 670
Applause Received: 489
Bush has had a couple of amazing games, but he's still the same guy who was such a disappointment with the Saints - and he's coming off an injury also. I don't fear him nearly as much as I fear Stafford getting enough time to throw to big receivers. I expect our offense to come up big also - the threat of an effective running game allowing Rodgers to dominate, BUT, even though the Packers have owned them, Detroit does still have that talented D Line. Our O Line better come out ready to play.

Green Bay 41 Detroit 21.
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2013 12:45:13 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 6,149
Applause Received: 1,369
texaspackerbacker said: Go to Quoted Post
Bush has had a couple of amazing games, but he's still the same guy who was such a disappointment with the Saints - and he's coming off an injury also. I don't fear him nearly as much as I fear Stafford getting enough time to throw to big receivers. I expect our offense to come up big also - the threat of an effective running game allowing Rodgers to dominate, BUT, even though the Packers have owned them, Detroit does still have that talented D Line. Our O Line better come out ready to play.

Green Bay 41 Detroit 21.

If Detoilet beats us, it's gonna be with the passing game.

On offense, we need BALL CONTROL. Burn clock. Wear down their Dline, which is the strength of their team. Make them pursue sideline to sideline play after play. Give Stafford fewer opportunities to throw to Megatron and the Pettigrew by RUNNING DOWN THE CLOCK while we have the ball.

I don't care if we go NO HUDDLE. But when you get up to the LoS, run the game clock down between plays.

Also, GET THE BALL OUT in less than 2.5. If Aaron tries to hold the ball in order to throw deep, he's gonna get stomped on.

Anybody think any of those things is gonna happen?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Packerchick on 10/1/2013(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2013 1:44:06 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 285
Letting the Bengals off the hook has made this a big game. Fortunately for us it comes after a bye week and is at home.

The Pack cannot afford to slip in this game. You don't lose after a bye week playing at home against a division team. If we do it will be an indicator that the Packers have let the division come back to them.

2-2 vs. 1-3 and going on the road next week to Baltimore? Like I say. This is a big game.

I predict the D will continue to do well against the run and hopefully with Burnett back the pass d will fare better. The run D has been the most consistent part of any phase of the team and should get more credit for how well they have performed.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/1/2013(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2013 8:47:00 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 1,574
Applause Received: 625
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
That concerns me as well.
This game (and season so far) reminds me of the 15-1 season. Our defense has shown no ability to stop anyone, and if our offense doesn't play lights out, we lose.
And our O was less then stellar last game.

If CM3 isn't healthy and playing, we are in big trouble.
As if we don't get Burnett and Hayward back, we won't stop anyone.
Bush is an amazing player, and watching him last week scared the heck out of me. I can see him putting up BIG numbers.

Bush did look really good against the Bears. He was a great pick up for the Lions.
Their D-line looked very good as well and Suh didn't shit the bed.
If Stafford gets hot look out.
Not to mention we have won 21 straight against the Lions at Lambeau and streaks are made to be broken.
This game scares the shit out of me!!

User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2013 9:43:40 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 670
Applause Received: 489
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
If Detoilet beats us, it's gonna be with the passing game.

On offense, we need BALL CONTROL. Burn clock. Wear down their Dline, which is the strength of their team. Make them pursue sideline to sideline play after play. Give Stafford fewer opportunities to throw to Megatron and the Pettigrew by RUNNING DOWN THE CLOCK while we have the ball.

I don't care if we go NO HUDDLE. But when you get up to the LoS, run the game clock down between plays.

Also, GET THE BALL OUT in less than 2.5. If Aaron tries to hold the ball in order to throw deep, he's gonna get stomped on.

Anybody think any of those things is gonna happen?

OK, I'll bite. Hell no, I don't think any of those things are gonna happen, and I really don't think they SHOULD happen.

Ball control is overrated. Nothing wrong with it, but not essential. I'll take big plays any day.

The Packers have been running more No Huddle because it works, and part of the reason why it works is not giving the other team's D a chance to think. Taking the play clock down between plays (other than at the end of the game to run out the clock) lessens that benefit.

If Rodgers gets rid of it quick sometimes to avoid the pass rush, fine. But I'm all for having him take the time to throw it deep even if that means using his legs to buy that time.

Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 4:38:56 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 6,149
Applause Received: 1,369
texaspackerbacker said: Go to Quoted Post
OK, I'll bite. Hell no, I don't think any of those things are gonna happen, and I really don't think they SHOULD happen.

Ball control is overrated. Nothing wrong with it, but not essential. I'll take big plays any day.

The Packers have been running more No Huddle because it works, and part of the reason why it works is not giving the other team's D a chance to think. Taking the play clock down between plays (other than at the end of the game to run out the clock) lessens that benefit.

If Rodgers gets rid of it quick sometimes to avoid the pass rush, fine. But I'm all for having him take the time to throw it deep even if that means using his legs to buy that time.

How many points did we get off those 4 consecutive turnovers last game?

What works is adhering to fundamentals. We need to win this game.
Offline nyrpack  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:30:50 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 109
we better put points up , lions can score and bush does get scary at times, i still think the pack will win 34 - 23 !!
Offline steveishere  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 7:16:47 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 1,698
The packers do take the play clock down when they run no huddle. The reason they go no huddle is to stop the other team from substituting.
Offline DakotaT  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 7:23:25 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,049
Applause Received: 2,116
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
The packers do take the play clock down when they run no huddle. The reason they go no huddle is to stop the other team from substituting.

You're going to have some tired O-lineman, getting in their stance for 20 seconds.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:13:20 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,446
Applause Received: 3,860
After Adrian Peterson's first carry against he Lions, they shut him down quite well. It'll be interesting to see how the Packers RB's fair.
Rss Feed