bigfog
15 years ago

14-3 last year says it.

6-1 last year says it too.

Don't make up revisionist history regarding Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers please!

"Roddyboy" wrote:

As stated above:

Brett is great but he isn't a Packer anymore and never will be again.
Get over it or move on to the Jets. I'm sick of the whinning about Brett

"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Trippster
15 years ago

He is 24 years old. He is in his first year as a starter. He as played very well under the pressure the former Q.B. put on him by wanting to come back. He has played injured.

And..... He has taken ownership of his mistakes with amazing mature accountablity.

At this point... I could not be more pleased or expect anything more from him.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Well, then let's give the rest of the team a bye on accountability too. They are all young. Yeah, lee got burnt, penalities, but give him a freebee too. Same goes for everyone else made a coverage mistake or penalty.

We are headed for a record penalty season, but since they are young, lets not worry about it.

Why should Rodgers get a pass?
"Let Your Light Shine!"
walleye
15 years ago

He is 24 years old. He is in his first year as a starter. He as played very well under the pressure the former Q.B. put on him by wanting to come back. He has played injured.

And..... He has taken ownership of his mistakes with amazing mature accountablity.

At this point... I could not be more pleased or expect anything more from him.

"Trippster" wrote:

Well, then let's give the rest of the team a bye on accountability too. They are all young. Yeah, lee got burnt, penalities, but give him a freebee too. Same goes for everyone else made a coverage mistake or penalty.

We are headed for a record penalty season, but since they are young, lets not worry about it.

Why should Rodgers get a pass?

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Why should he not get a pass?
Did he do something wrong besdides the interception? :cyclopsani:
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Pack93z
15 years ago
Anyone have a 16 penny nail or two.. I pulled them out of my temple around the first game of the season.. and I need to put a few back.. less painful than reliving the Favre debate.

Rodgers made a costly mistake in the fourth quarter.. no one can deny that. But with that said, he has made a heck of a lot of plays throughout that game to keep us in it.

We are thin at talent along the line of scrimmage, we are getting handled at the very point of attack.. add to it a few injuries to mix in and walla you have a three game losing streak.

I am not ready to forgo the season, but if the last three weeks are any indication of the progression of the season.. we will be lucky to finish .500.

We have seen the problem 4 weeks ago.. that we are struggling along the oline.. and in 4 weeks we have seen very little progression. That reeks of a problematic season.. the only glimmer of hope to grab from yesterday is that the ground game at least had a pulse.

We have to control the clock for this thin defensive line to stay off the field for a balance of time.. another glimmer, albeit probably false hope is that Harrell may be coming back soon.. can he help shore up the front with more balance in the rotation?

Why am I going on and on in this thread.. because our problems are so far removed from the QB position (other than depth) it isn't even funny. But yet we seem to hinge the success and failure of a team completely on one position. Laughable.

One thing that isn't laughable.. we aren't as deep of a team as we appeared to be; at least along the line of scrimmage. The most valuable area on a football team, but the least heralded.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
:icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

Who didn't see this coming since before the start of the season?

Those of you who are hating on AR...JUST STOP

Those of you who are defending Aaron Rodgers to the hilt, like he hasn't made any mistakes......JUST STOP
Ted Thompson made his decision on who was going to be part of the 53 man roster.
Mike McCarthy is in charge of taking those players and turning them into winners.

Every team has to deal with injuries...so quit whining.

Physical mistakes can be overlooked , like Woodson slipping down, letting R. White get wide open.(just an example)

It is THE MENTAL ERRORS that are killing the Packers. That goes straight to THE COACHING STAFF!!!!

You want to hate on someone or put the blame for the 2-3 start on someone, put it on Ted Thompson for letting go the wrong people(hello Jon Ryan),
or continually making the Packers the youngest team in the NFL,
or BLAME THE COACHING STAFF not getting the team ready to play a 60 minute game, or NOT BEING ABLE TO ADJUST to their opponents schemes.l

JUST MHO....You all are beginning to sound like Cleveland Browns fans, alwayds having an excuse for a loss.

The season is still young, the goal is to win the division and make the play-offs, The Pack is only 1 game behind The Bears, still plenty of time to turn things around.

Go Pack!!!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
walleye
15 years ago
:signcool:

Those of you who are hating on Aaron Rodgers...JUST STOP

Those of you who are defending Aaron Rodgers to the hilt, like he hasn't made any mistakes......JUST STOP

Ted Thompson made his decision on who was going to be part of the 53 man roster.

Mike McCarthy is in charge of taking those players and turning them into winners.

Physical mistakes can be overlooked , like Woodson slipping down, letting R. White get wide open.(just an example)

It is THE MENTAL ERRORS that are killing the Packers. That goes straight to THE COACHING STAFF!!!!

You want to hate on someone or put the blame for the 2-3 start on someone, put it on Ted Thompson for letting go the wrong people(hello Jon Ryan),
or BLAME THE COACHING STAFF not getting the team ready to play a 60 minute game, or NOT BEING ABLE TO ADJUST to their opponents schemes.l

JUST MHO....You all are beginning to sound like Cleveland Browns fans, alwayds having an excuse for a loss.

The season is still young, the goal is to win the division and make the play-offs, The Pack is only 1 game behind The Bears, still plenty of time to turn things around.

Go Pack!!!!!

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

So what are you saying?
That everthing is :sad1: Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy fault?
So does it have anything to do with some of the players playing at a sub-par level.
OK Mike McCarthy & Ted Thompson you're fired!
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Rios39
15 years ago

14-3 last year says it.

6-1 last year says it too.

Don't make up revisionist history regarding Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers please!

"Roddyboy" wrote:

Guess what bright guy. The GB Packers Run D was top 5 all season long and at one point top 2 I believe. This year they are ohhh say 27th?? with every other defensive stat around the same area. There were games last year Favre and the O stunk it up, but we still found a way to win the games because we didn't allow 28 points a game.
blank
DarkaneRules
15 years ago
27th in run D! Wow that is awful!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago

Go Pack!!!!!

"walleye" wrote:

So what are you saying?
So does it have anything to do with some of the players playing at a sub-par level.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

The Packers have 20 of 22 starters from last year(don't quote me on that, but it's close), have these guys all of a sudden become sub-par players?
If so, why were they kept on the team?
90% of winning is preperation, there is a very fine line between the most talented team in the league and the least talented(that excludes The Lions, they just plain suck)that is why it seems every week there are huge upsets in The NFL.
I am saying that IMHO Aaron Rodgers is playing the best he can, but is not perfect, the talent level of the rest of the team should only be better than last year, because most have another year experience.
So why are The Packers 2-3 instead of 4-1, or 5-0?

I guess it must be the injuries. Since it seems Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are untouchable when it comes to criticism on this Forum.

I didn't say Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy should be fired, but the buck stops at the top!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
walleye
15 years ago

Go Pack!!!!!

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

So what are you saying?

"walleye" wrote:

The Packers have 20 of 22 starters from last year(don't quote me on that, but it's close), have these guys all of a sudden become sub-par players?
If so, why were they kept on the team?
90% of winning is preperation, there is a very fine line between the most talented team in the league and the least talented(that excludes The Lions, they just plain suck)that is why it seems every week there are huge upsets in The NFL.
I am saying that IMHO Aaron Rodgers is playing the best he can, but is not perfect, the talent level of the rest of the team should only be better than last year, because most have another year experience.
So why are The Packers 2-3 instead of 4-1, or 5-0?

I guess it must be the injuries. Since it seems Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are untouchable when it comes to critisism on this Forum.

I didn't say Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy should be fired, but the buck stops at the top!!

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

No one is saying Rodgers is perfect, but ho looks Damn good.
I also stated some players are playing at a sub_par-level, like the secondary. Some of it is injuries.
yes the talent level should be better but guess what we only 5 games into the seaeson there is room for improvement.
Im not calling it after 5 games that is :xcensoredx: crazy.
Im a packer fan for better or worse as long as there is improvement lets keep moving forward.
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.