porky88
15 years ago

He is 24 years old. He is in his first year as a starter. He as played very well under the pressure the former Q.B. put on him by wanting to come back. He has played injured.

And..... He has taken ownership of his mistakes with amazing mature accountablity.

At this point... I could not be more pleased or expect anything more from him.

"Trippster" wrote:

Well, then let's give the rest of the team a bye on accountability too. They are all young. Yeah, lee got burnt, penalities, but give him a freebee too. Same goes for everyone else made a coverage mistake or penalty.

We are headed for a record penalty season, but since they are young, lets not worry about it.

Why should Rodgers get a pass?

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Last I checked, Rodgers has played well this season.

Much like Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, and Charles Woodson. In fact after Jennings, Woodson, and Kampman, Rodgers might be this team's next best shot at a Pro Bowl player.

I don't believe he's getting a pass. I think a lot of people are trying to jump on him fast because Brett Favre isn't a Packer anymore. I think he played worse against Dallas then what his stat line indicated and he wasnt in synch with his receivers. Heck I was there and I was saying it much to the dislike of some Packer fans in the stands.

However, if we're talking the Atlanta game, then I just don't know how anyone can say that wasn't a great and gutsy performance by Rodgers. No pain injection either. If some want to compare Rodgers to Favre in a negative way then ok that's the mission of some out there, but Sunday Rodgers was Favre-like in a positive way.
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
:icon_smile:

:signcool:

:icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

Who didn't see this coming since before the start of the season?

Those of you who are hating on Aaron Rodgers...JUST STOP

Those of you who are defending Aaron Rodgers to the hilt, like he hasn't made any mistakes......JUST STOP

Ted Thompson made his decision on who was going to be part of the 53 man roster.

Mike McCarthy is in charge of taking those players and turning them into winners.

Every team has to deal with injuries...so quit whining.

Physical mistakes can be overlooked , like Woodson slipping down, letting R. White get wide open.(just an example)

It is THE MENTAL ERRORS that are killing the Packers. That goes straight to THE COACHING STAFF!!!!

You want to hate on someone or put the blame for the 2-3 start on someone, put it on Ted Thompson for letting go the wrong people(hello Jon Ryan),
or continually making the Packers the youngest team in the NFL,
or BLAME THE COACHING STAFF not getting the team ready to play a 60 minute game, or NOT BEING ABLE TO ADJUST to their opponents schemes.l

JUST MHO....You all are beginning to sound like Cleveland Browns fans, alwayds having an excuse for a loss.

The season is still young, the goal is to win the division and make the play-offs, The Pack is only 1 game behind The Bears, still plenty of time to turn things around.

Go Pack!!!!!

"walleye" wrote:

So what are you saying?
That everthing is :sad1: Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy fault?
So does it have anything to do with some of the players playing at a sub-par level.
OK Mike McCarthy & Ted Thompson you're fired!

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

The Packers have 20 of 22 starters from last year(don't quote me on that, but it's close), have these guys all of a sudden become sub-par players?
If so, why were they kept on the team?
90% of winning is preperation, there is a very fine line between the most talented team in the league and the least talented(that excludes The Lions, they just plain suck)that is why it seems every week there are huge upsets in The NFL.
I am saying that IMHO Aaron Rodgers is playing the best he can, but is not perfect, the talent level of the rest of the team should only be better than last year, because most have another year experience.
So why are The Packers 2-3 instead of 4-1, or 5-0?

I guess it must be the injuries. Since it seems Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are untouchable when it comes to critisism on this Forum.

I didn't say Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy should be fired, but the buck stops at the top!!

"walleye" wrote:

No one is saying Rodgers is perfect, but ho looks Damn good.
I also stated some players are playing at a sub_par-level, like the secondary. Some of it is injuries.
yes the talent level should be better but guess what we only 5 games into the seaeson there is room for improvement.
Im not calling it after 5 games that is :xcensoredx: crazy.
Im a packer fan for better or worse as long as there is improvement lets keep moving forward.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

:? 🤔 :thumbright: :icon_smile:
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
brnt247
15 years ago

:signcool:

Who didn't see this coming since before the start of the season?

Those of you who are hating on Aaron Rodgers...JUST STOP

Those of you who are defending Aaron Rodgers to the hilt, like he hasn't made any mistakes......JUST STOP

Ted Thompson made his decision on who was going to be part of the 53 man roster.

Mike McCarthy is in charge of taking those players and turning them into winners.

Every team has to deal with injuries...so quit whining.

Physical mistakes can be overlooked , like Woodson slipping down, letting R. White get wide open.(just an example)

It is THE MENTAL ERRORS that are killing the Packers. That goes straight to THE COACHING STAFF!!!!

You want to hate on someone or put the blame for the 2-3 start on someone, put it on Ted Thompson for letting go the wrong people(hello Jon Ryan),
or continually making the Packers the youngest team in the NFL,
or BLAME THE COACHING STAFF not getting the team ready to play a 60 minute game, or NOT BEING ABLE TO ADJUST to their opponents schemes.l

JUST MHO....You all are beginning to sound like Cleveland Browns fans, alwayds having an excuse for a loss.

The season is still young, the goal is to win the division and make the play-offs, The Pack is only 1 game behind The Bears, still plenty of time to turn things around.

Go Pack!!!!!

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

So what are you saying?
That everthing is :sad1: Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy fault?
So does it have anything to do with some of the players playing at a sub-par level.
OK Mike McCarthy & Ted Thompson you're fired!

"walleye" wrote:

The Packers have 20 of 22 starters from last year(don't quote me on that, but it's close), have these guys all of a sudden become sub-par players?
If so, why were they kept on the team?
90% of winning is preperation, there is a very fine line between the most talented team in the league and the least talented(that excludes The Lions, they just plain suck)that is why it seems every week there are huge upsets in The NFL.
I am saying that IMHO Aaron Rodgers is playing the best he can, but is not perfect, the talent level of the rest of the team should only be better than last year, because most have another year experience.
So why are The Packers 2-3 instead of 4-1, or 5-0?

I guess it must be the injuries. Since it seems Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are untouchable when it comes to criticism on this Forum.

I didn't say Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy should be fired, but the buck stops at the top!!

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

When we had 20 of 22 starters we were undefeated. We've had all 4 secondary players get injured, our starting left defensive end, and our two pro bowl caliber linebackers. Yes, Rodgers performed poorly in two key spots late in games, but with a healthy team he isn't even put in that position. This may not be the year we get to the super bowl, but it is a positive step for a young team if we are able to play well together from here on out.
blank
majkowski7ever
15 years ago
Rodgers stat line is amazing, he's been solid, he's poised, but there's one
problem...that stat titled "Wins". Now, he obviously is not responsible
for losing 3 games, it is after all a team game. I am not a Rodgers hater,
but I'm also not a "Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood", "Favre Who?", Rodgers lover.

He's been solid....that's it. Credit is due because he has produced, but..They're lucky to not have been embarrassed in the Detroit game, a close Minnesota game, great Dallas game, absolute mess of a Tampa game, and such a let down with Atlanta. Obviusly there are many factors going into each game and their repective outcome, play calling, injuries, defense, special teams, etc. However, this is a thread about Rodgers.

My issue is with the "extreme" in both directions on this whole Favre vs Rodgers debate. I don't care that his stats are great, I care about wins. I don't care if you think we'd be in the same spot with Favre, we'll never know. I don't care if you think we'd be 5-0 if Favre was here, we'll never know. All I do know is the Packers are sitting 2-3 at the end of week 5 with a tough schedule ahead of them and they don't look good. The problem I have with Rodger's lovers, they blame the D. They saved us from embarrassment in week 1, kept Dallas in check to have a chance, and gave us a chance to win vs Tampa with 4 turnovers. Yesterday they held them to 2 FG's when Atlanta started in their own territory, forced 2 punts, and made an amazing INT to save a TD. Yet I found myself in the 4th quarter thinking, how do we expect to win with only 17 points. Again, Rodgers stat line looks amazing but he is not getting it done, he's not winning the game. He got rattled to the max in Tampa, holds the ball way too long, and shows signs of panicking in situations when it counts, ie. yesterday's INT. I don't know, I'm disappointed right now. I'd like to see him, and the play calling, not worry about his stat line. After all, the guy that went 16/26, 194 yds, and 2TDs got the W while the guy that went 25/37 with 313 yds, and 3TDs tacked on another one to that lowly loss column. I'm not giving up on Rodgers or the Pack, but I'm preparing myself for a long, long season.
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
wtf ^^
UserPostedImage
pack_in_black
15 years ago

I don't put it all on A-Rod. The O-Line stinks, we are thin on Def, Frost stinks, etc.

However we had a QB that could overcome that at one time, we don't anymore. A-Rod isn't a game changing QB. Just my observation.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

DD80, I respect + applaud you being able to realize this isn't a one man problem, it's a collective problem.

As for the "QB who overcame that" bit, I think you have to put it in context: Favre had 17 years of experience that allowed him to cover many of the holes that have appeared this season.

Rodgers doesn't even have 1 full season as the starter. To say that Rodgers is not a game changing QB is jumping the gun IMO, you can't really call it until he's played 17 (or however many he'll play) years in the NFL.

"dd80forever" wrote:

Let's really put this into context: No offensive line = 4-12 season. I only bring that up to point out the fact that no QB, no matter who he is, can win games consistently w/out an offensive line.

As far as having better blitz recognition and all that BS, look how Brett's handled the Pats and Chargers this year. He's taken sacks. And thrown picks. Just like Aaron has. A QB CANNOT overcome a sad-sack O-line like ours has been. When our run game and pass pro improve, so will our win %
UserPostedImage
Thanks to Pack93z for the sig!
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago

Rodgers stat line is amazing, he's been solid, he's poised, but there's one problem...that stat titled "Wins".

Now, he obviously is not responsible for losing 3 games, it is after all a team game. I am not a Rodgers hater, but I'm also not a "Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood", "Favre Who?", Rodgers lover.

He's been solid....that's it. Credit is due because he has produced, but..They're lucky to not have been embarrassed in the
Detroit game, a close Minnesota game, great Dallas game, absolute mess of a Tampa game, and such a let down with Atlanta.

Obviusly there are many factors going into each game and their repective outcome, play calling, injuries, defense, special teams, etc. However, this is a thread about Rodgers.

My issue is with the "extreme" in both directions on this whole Favre vs Rodgers debate. I don't care that his stats are great, I care about wins. I don't care if you think we'd be in the same spot with Favre, we'll never know.

I don't care if you think we'd be 5-0 if Favre was here, we'll never know. All I do know is the Packers are sitting 2-3 at the end of week 5 with a tough schedule ahead of them and they don't look good.

The problem I have with Rodger's lovers, they blame the D.

They saved us from embarrassment in week 1, kept Dallas in check to have a chance, and gave us a chance to win vs Tampa with 4 turnovers.
Yesterday they held them to 2 FG's when Atlanta started in their own territory, forced 2 punts, and made an amazing INT to save a TD.

Yet I found myself in the 4th quarter thinking, how do we
expect to win with only 17 points.

Again, Rodgers stat line looks amazing but he is not getting it done, he's not winning the game.

He got rattled to the max in Tampa, holds the ball way too long, and shows signs of panicking in situations when it counts, ie. yesterday's INT.

I don't know, I'm disappointed right now. I'd like to see him, and the play calling, not worry about his stat line.

After all, the guy that went 16/26, 194 yds,and 2TDs got the W while the guy that went 25/37 with 313 yds, and 3TDs tacked on another one to that lowly loss column.

I'm not giving up on Rodgers or the Pack, but I'm preparing myself for a long, long season.

"majkowski7ever" wrote:

MJK7 your points well taken, but try seperating them with periods and spaces, much easier to read and understand.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
majkowski7ever
15 years ago

MJK7 your points well taken, but try seperating them with periods and spaces, much easier to read and understand.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

:sad1: Sorry, typed it on my blackberry and got effed up obviously. Should be better now.
blank
dhazer
15 years ago

This loss was a team effort exept for Rodgers, this hguy played extremly well with a fudged up shoulder.
And for all you Rodgers haters 2 words for you.
BITE ME!!!

"walleye" wrote:

awwww whats wrong don't like the fact Rodgers just isnt producing the wins
and so what about his shoulder big ben has been playing with the same thing since week 1 and i cant stand him either
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

and so what about his shoulder big ben has been playing with the same thing since week 1 and i cant stand him either

"dhazer" wrote:

Ahh ... dhazer = equal opportunity hatah! 🙂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (12h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (23h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (23h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.