Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
steveishere  
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:49:19 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Be nice to help out the defense, by keeping them off the field.

Defense shouldn't need any help. We should be able to win this game by punting on first down every drive. That's how bad their QB is. Not to mention their RB passed his prime a few years ago.
hardrocker950  
#22 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 6:38:57 AM(UTC)
I'm not convinced that this game will be "easy". Although we would hold an obvious advantage if our guys were healthy and at full strengh - not the case right now. I still see us winning, but again I am not convinced that it will be easy...
dhazer  
#23 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 7:58:53 AM(UTC)
I don't know why everyone is saying this should be an easy win, we are down to 1 wr and they have a pretty good cb in Hayden that shut down most of the receivers he had to cover. As was mentioned before they have a scary returner which we should kick away from. And their offense (yes alot better without Weeden) has some players to watch out for. Josh Gordon is a threat and I say watch out for McGahee he is getting back into football shape. With saying all that I say we still win by 8 I will call 21-13
Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 8:35:06 AM(UTC)
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
I don't know why everyone is saying this should be an easy win, we are down to 1 wr and they have a pretty good cb in Hayden that shut down most of the receivers he had to cover. As was mentioned before they have a scary returner which we should kick away from. And their offense (yes alot better without Weeden) has some players to watch out for. Josh Gordon is a threat and I say watch out for McGahee he is getting back into football shape. With saying all that I say we still win by 8 I will call 21-13

I don't know why you label one or two as everyone. Sensationalism much?

Packers are down to Jordy Nelson and Jarrett Boykin at WR. That's two, not one.

Willis McGahee has 164 yards rushing in four games with the Browns, but his per-carry average is at a mere 2.8 yards. And he also popped up on the injury report with a bad knee.

CB Joe Haden, WR Josh Gordon and returner Travis Benjamin (40 yard dash time: 4.36 seconds) are all big time players.

That being said, on any given Sunday anything can happen, right?

If the Packers jump to an early double digit lead, it's going to be a cake walk in which the defense will let the game be closer than it really was during the 4th quarter.

I could see 38 - 24 quite easily as much as I could see the Packers losing 17 - 20.

Packers win big, or lose narrowly.
Yerko  
#25 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 9:54:18 AM(UTC)
I think this game is going to be closer than most think. Next man up has worked for the Packers in the past but I can't recall in the past having this many players out with an injury at once. The list is damning.

With that said, I do think the Packers win because we have Aaron Rodgers....and the Browns have Brandon Weeden. Rodgers is going to put the offense on his back and tear up the Browns secondary.

Joe Haden is a good CB and there is no denying that. However, he has shut down teams with average to below average quarterbacks. The best QB he has faced thus far is Stafford and Stafford tore the Browns up with 4 touchdowns. It will be up to Rodgers to put the ball where the receiver can get it. Jordy also needs to bring his A game as Haden will be on him the entire time (if not, Browns are stupid).

I believe the Packers will be able to execute the play action. Eddie Lacy will get close to 100 yards and score his first touchdown since the first week of the season.

So long as the next men up come in and do well, the Packers should have this win.

Packers- 24
Cleveland- 13
Yerko  
#26 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 10:08:52 AM(UTC)
To add, I'd love nothing more than to see Mike McCarthy give the ball to Lacy more when we are in the redzone.

GIVE THE MAN THE BALL AND LET HIM DO HIS THING!!!
DarkaneRules  
#27 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 10:24:04 AM(UTC)
Their special teams rocks with TB. That guy is incredible. Watch out for him! Otherwise we match up fairly closely with these guys with an edge obviously at quarterback.
Tezzy  
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:17:52 AM(UTC)
Prognostication

Packers - 34 (TD - Nelson, Finley x2, Lacy and 2 FGs)
Browneyes - 13
K_Buz  
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:10:56 AM(UTC)
I get the sense that this could be one of those "trap" games.
Mucky Tundra  
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:25:54 AM(UTC)
I'm thinking Franklin gets 10-15 touches this game
buckeyepackfan  
#31 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:41:07 AM(UTC)
K_Buz said: Go to Quoted Post
I get the sense that this could be one of those "trap" games.

At the beginning of the year that may have been true, but not now, Packers going into this game with 14 rookies who will be starting or playing crucial positions on Special Teams and as backups.

The vets know they have to pick up their game to help out the young guys, who are backups for a reason, they are not as talented(yet) as the guys they are replacing.

The rookies are going to want to prove themselves.

There is no looking past The Browns today, after an 0-2 start they have shown they can play with the big boys in their division and are noT the cakewalk they have been in years past.

No trap game today.
nyrpack  
#32 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:02:54 AM(UTC)
i think boykin steps up and pack wins 37-21
Tezzy  
#33 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:59:28 AM(UTC)
Can't believe nobody has mentioned the single most important factor for the game.

Comfortable Pants

It's the 1929 replicas today correct? And if I recall Rodgers has mentioned before how comfortable they are. Rodgers and crew have had some huge games in those pants.
beast  
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 11:21:46 AM(UTC)
Tezzy said: Go to Quoted Post
Can't believe nobody has mentioned the single most important factor for the game.

Comfortable Pants

It's the 1929 replicas today correct? And if I recall Rodgers has mentioned before how comfortable they are. Rodgers and crew have had some huge games in those pants.
Rodgers mentioned that the reebok throw back pants were extremely comfortible... but they're now wearing the nike thrown back pants... are they just as comfortible? I haven't heard yet...

This proves the Packers beat writers aren't doing enough...
because they're not asking the important answers ;) Tongue

DarkaneRules  
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 11:45:26 AM(UTC)
Weren't we wearing them that year the Bucs thumped us with Freeman? I cannot remember
wpr  
#36 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 10:35:12 PM(UTC)
Had a great time at the game today. Will post a few pix when I get a chance. Sat in the 700 section under the canopy. We didn't get very wet at all. Thanks to Colton.

If anyone is thinking of going to a game in the future. The ticket holder who sat next to me said I was the first person (well my wife and I) to use those seats. I looked at the 2 rows behind us (Yes we were in the 3rd to the last row.) those seats were empty too. A quick look at stubhub show that seats in that section and the ones nearby run a little more than $200 apiece. Not horrible. As I mentioned even though they are high you have a roof to help keep the wain or snow out if there is any. You have an escalator to take up up/down. A separate entrance so you don't have to fight long lines. Smaller crowds for the concessions and bathrooms. Individual seating with armrests and backs instead of bleacher seats.
wpr  
#37 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 5:22:40 AM(UTC)
UserPostedImage

this is one of the photos on the wall about the 500 level of the new addition. pretty cool since my son and I were there. not this exact photo. They used the blimp shot.
yooperfan  
#38 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 5:33:23 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
Had a great time at the game today. Will post a few pix when I get a chance. Sat in the 700 section under the canopy. We didn't get very wet at all. Thanks to Colton.

If anyone is thinking of going to a game in the future. The ticket holder who sat next to me said I was the first person (well my wife and I) to use those seats. I looked at the 2 rows behind us (Yes we were in the 3rd to the last row.) those seats were empty too. A quick look at stubhub show that seats in that section and the ones nearby run a little more than $200 apiece. Not horrible. As I mentioned even though they are high you have a roof to help keep the wain or snow out if there is any. You have an escalator to take up up/down. A separate entrance so you don't have to fight long lines. Smaller crowds for the concessions and bathrooms. Individual seating with armrests and backs instead of bleacher seats.

Thanks, WPR, for that valuable info.
I'm not planning on going to any games this year but you never know.
I will sock this info away for the future.
Actually I'm going to Green Bay next weekend because there is NOT a home game.

sschind  
#39 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 6:14:57 AM(UTC)
yooperfan said: Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, WPR, for that valuable info.
I'm not planning on going to any games this year but you never know.
I will sock this info away for the future.
Actually I'm going to Green Bay next weekend because there is NOT a home game.

Its a good time to go if you want to avoid crowds.

About 15 years ago or so my sister was living and teaching in Green Bay and she was planning on getting married there. Since our family is from the Chippewa Falls area and her fiancees family was from the Lake Geneva and Chicago area everyone would have to travel and stay in hotels. They had the date picked out and it was going to be week 2 of the season but since the schedule had not been released there was a huge unknown. She was told that she could reserve as many rooms as she wanted for Saturday night only but if there was a home game that weekend she would have to reserve them all for Friday night as well as that is pretty much SOP in the area. No one night reservations on home game weekends. She got lucky and the schedule had us playing Chicago on Monday night. This made it interesting because most of her fiancee's family were Bears fans including him (Yeah I know I should have forbidden that she marry him but what can you do with a young girl in love. He's actually not a bad guy if you can get past that one major flaw. Besides I am just glad she didn't meet a vikings fan in college) Anyway, it was a great time, I got to see the HOF. she had some great photos taken in the Lambeau Field parking lot with the stadium in the background and we all saved a ton of money. The best wedding present of all however was the belated thumping the Packer gave the Bears on Monday night. OK I don't rally know if it was a thumping or not but I know we won.

Oh yeah, and instead of being able to sleep in Sunday morning and nurse a hangover all day, guess what we got to do. Help them move. Yup, they rented a uhaul the next day and moved to Milwaukee.

wpr  
#40 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 7:03:15 AM(UTC)
the double nite requirement is why I stay in Appleton or Oshkosh.
Rss Feed