Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sschind  
#41 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 1:25:38 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 448

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
the double nite requirement is why I stay in Appleton or Oshkosh.

I'd probably look into that as well. The last time I was in GB for a game was the Sunday night game against the vikings a few years ago. I had a free room for Saturday and Sunday nights (to go along with free game tickets and tailgate party at BFs steakhouse) so I couldn't complain.

The two night requirement is just something they do because they can. I think it's kind of cheesy (no pun intended) but if people put up with it I guess more power to them. Although I think its kind of like charging $50.00 for a $15.00 sheet pf plywood before the hurricane arrives or $8.00 for gallon of gas after the airplanes hit.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline wpr  
#42 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 2:11:02 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,141
Applause Received: 1,513

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I'd probably look into that as well. The last time I was in GB for a game was the Sunday night game against the vikings a few years ago. I had a free room for Saturday and Sunday nights (to go along with free game tickets and tailgate party at BFs steakhouse) so I couldn't complain.

The two night requirement is just something they do because they can. I think it's kind of cheesy (no pun intended) but if people put up with it I guess more power to them. Although I think its kind of like charging $50.00 for a $15.00 sheet pf plywood before the hurricane arrives or $8.00 for gallon of gas after the airplanes hit.

yep along with the jacked up room prices for the weekends there is a home game.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline GermanGilbert  
#43 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 3:09:22 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 37
Applause Received: 87

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post

That's the point. They do it because they can do it. The first thing I do once the schedule is released in April is to check the most suitable game(s) for me and reserve a hotel room near Lambeau right away. If you wait until June/July it's pretty much impossible to get a room in that area. People just pay what they have to pay, even if they don't really want to, so you have to be one of the first to pay what you don't want to pay Big Grin I guess you find an even cheaper one later on, but if you're without a car, the gameday price for cabs levels everything up.

But selling the rooms completely overpriced is not Green Bay specific. To get a room in Munich at Oktoberfest time will cost you twice tothree times of the normal rate as well. Offer and demand determine the price ;) Not nice to see, but reality is nice very seldom.
blank
Offline Porforis  
#44 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 3:36:58 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

It's capitalism. Demand outstrips supply in an area where supply is normally not an issue, thus price (and value) skyrockets.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed